• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Picture Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untitled-Artwork.png

baUsxKC.gif

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
this is modelled after a page you'd probably find in my bullet journal. i have a tendency to be super sentimental about everything and i like to hold onto every single scrap that might remind me of a moment in time. when i started this, i had the idea of my mayor working on this on her long train ride to the new town she was moving too. it quickly turned into a "oooh! let me just jam pack this with all the things i love about new leaf!!" thank you so much for all the fun i've had over the years new leaf!

New Leaf Scrapbook Entry:
Untitled-Artwork.png

Text Explanation:
I made a memory book entry dedicated to my frenemy Pancetti. The first time we met, she mocked my attire. I harassed her so many times (I know, I know, not becoming of a Mayor with integrity) because her smug attitude was just so grating. When I finally decided to confront her, she showed me a letter from my husband begging her to stay in Pokki and to support me. I never should have put him in charge of my campaign PR.
Eventually, I grew to appreciate her abrasive personality and received plenty of medicine and sweet letters... I let her stay.

I was inspired by an ad for Mean Girls, which reminded me about the "Burn Book" where they collected a scrap book of people they hated and wrote rude things about them... And it's a running joke with my husband where he visits all my towns and writes letters to all the villagers I want to evict. You can see a copy of his letter on the paper under the scrapbook in the image.
1710514559131.png

I referenced in-game screenshots (especially for my Mayor) and official art by Nintendo for Pancetti from the wikis.
I ADORE the player character proportions from New Leaf-- I had forgotten how everyone had lanky limbs and a lil bit of a pot-belly.

Name card: see image lower right corner

Ghttx2a.jpeg

Weeeeeeee here to submit my entry! As a bujo lover I couldn't pass up this theme! :love:

Lil' explanations:

• I think one of my favourite things to do back in the day was to visit those really aesthetic dream towns you see listed on tumblr and just explore all their lovely towns (ofc, how could we forget the famous Aika Village as well?)
  • I know that the town tree doesn't go pink...buuuuttttt the spring season is so so so pretty in ac 🥹 as a spring baby, it felt special to me hahahaha
  • Ofc, I had to get a butt as my town fruit x)
  • I drew my fave villagers with the outfits I first met them with hehe Teddy and Sprinkle really grew on my and Beau was love at first sight. Sprinkle calls me Pop Star in NL so ofc I had to include that too ;)
  • Those cabbages carnations are my fave flower in the game!! I loved that you got it for mother's day and I wish NH had them too.
  • Also, idk if i'm weird for this, but when i go to concerts irl, I like to collect a piece or two of the confetti and put it in my bujo for the memories and whilst this isn't from the concerts, they mark the new years I participated in in NL 🥹💓
  • Please note, 3LCXX is my artist handle, I hope you don't mind that I included that!

I can't believe I managed to find these photos on my drive but I used to document important happenings in my town and I can't believe they came in handy LOL
cHWISPk.jpeg

Teddy really grew on me!!! He became like a older brother figure to me in the game and now I have him on my NH island too!
upwhvkD.jpeg

Sprinkle's nickname for lil' ol' me 😭💕
G4jrc2S.png

and ofc, baby Beau 💓

VunUOr0.png

Also, here is my outfit from the front when meeting Beau!

This is a page from my memory book. I started it when I moved into Bayside. This is one of my favourite memories of hanging out with Julian and Whitney. I spent a lot of time with them both and in every place I have lived, they have been my constant neighbours and friends 🏡🏖️💜

Untitled - 16 March 2024 13.53.jpeg

Reference: How to Draw Julian from Animal Crossing (Animal Crossing) Step by Step

20240316_190859.jpg

New Leaf was my favourite game in the series to date. My first memories of Heaven was Drago planting his house on my hybrids, my hunt to have Kid cat in my town and earning bells desperate for my upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
1710896539068.png

my memory book page is a look back on my first day on starmore; a train ticket from the train ride into the station, discovering my native fruit is a pear, and a stamp for the weed collecting!

Attachments

• tbt-picture-perfect.png
    tbt-picture-perfect.png
    802 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:
N0utdK0l.jpg

One of my fondest New Leaf memories was Apollo visiting my campsite, by chance. I had left my 10th spot open for him, just in case he ever did happen to camp in my town, but I knew the chances were pretty slim, or that it might take a while. Luckily, I didn't have to wait very long. He showed up a month and a half after I started playing. I was overjoyed, because he has always been my favourite villager.

1000120211.jpg

Edit: sorry forgot text!

But my submission is about my first visit to the museum in New Leaf, I was absolutely in awe of how good it looked compared to the museum I knew from wild world. I used to play wild world with my little brother, and our favourite thing was going to the aquarium, so I immediately send a screen shot of it to him!
Thats the strongest/most positive memory I have about when I started playing new leaf :)

Last edited:
IMG_0709.jpeg

Made by Mayor November to commemorate her town of Feldspar. This memory book includes a photo from every resident, a note from mom, shells and buttons picked up around town, a concert ticket, a pressed flower, a fireworks photo, and November’s lucky fishhook, which broke while reeling in a gorgeous anglerfish.

AVAiqXC.jpg

(Please excuse my terrible art skills, as I am not an artist...)

The idea behind this entry was to showcase me and an old friend of mine from this site sitting on the park bench in front of the fruit orchard they made for me in my town years ago. The pear trees are there as pears were my native fruit in ACNL. The piece also showcases the old road design I had in my town before I put proper paths down. At the top you can see a timeline of the various memories I made in Port, the first of which being moving in. From there there's also the Timmy and Tommy shop upgrade, the fossil exhibit being completed, the fortune shop being unlocked, and lastly the cafe being unlocked. The piece may not look extravagant, but it accurately captures all the memories and the special factor of what made Port such a great town for me.

@Chris could i possibly DM about my submission ?? little worried i might be violating the new art policies/guidelines (mostly re: "significant additions" when referencing some official assets) and want to check in about it before i submit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back