• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Overwatch General Thread

I found one of the most dedicated players in the Test Server
Yjn0goR.jpg

Also people were so toxic in that chat. "STOP PLAYING ANA SHE ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD AND YOU'LL SUCK WITH HER ANYWAYS" The logic people had there was far worse than normal servers. She's an extremely complex character that's been out for only 6 or 7 hours, everybody sucks playing as her. And why do you think most people joined the test server in the first place? smh internet

Yikes. I haven't gotten any of that at all so far. It's mostly been 6v6 ANA with me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kinda doubt we'll see all of those characters, it would be a bit weird if all of the "old" Overwatch folks just faked their deaths.

Some of them are pretty bland but I expect Liao to appear.

I thought D.Va was fine already...Guess that means I'm just gonna wreck even more with her if she's been buffed.

I thought the same at first, but I really feel like this buff is necessary. Her ult just isn't as useful as it used to be since players have adapted to it. Reducing the warning time, even by a second, will help at least make it less easy to escape. It's especially helpful that D.Va won't have to abandon the objective at the risk of dying to her own ultimate. I still don't understand how the shield system works until I see it in action, but it sounds better than the long cooldown it has now.

Last edited:
I have spent the last hour struggling to find the best answer for a ignorant question I've been googling today:

"What is Overwatch?"

https://gfycat.com/GrimyMenacingAfricanaugurbuzzard

Zen Ult + Ana Ult + Lucio Accelerate

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought the same at first, but I really feel like this buff is necessary. Her ult just isn't as useful as it used to be since players have adapted to it. Reducing the warning time, even by a second, will help at least make it less easy to escape. It's especially helpful that D.Va won't have to abandon the objective at the risk of dying to her own ultimate. I still don't understand how the shield system works until I see it in action, but it sounds better than the long cooldown it has now.

I've been playing PTR and it certainly gives her an edge. The shield is really hard to get around.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have spent the last hour struggling to find the best answer for a ignorant question I've been googling today:

"What is Overwatch?"
Team-based game by Blizzard.

First look at Ana, the new hero! Polygon

wish they revealed her a couple days back, juuuust spent my gold on zarya's siberian front skin.

i'm gonna buy the horus skin and spend matches asking for a night theme.

I found one of the most dedicated players in the Test Server
Yjn0goR.jpg

Also people were so toxic in that chat. "STOP PLAYING ANA SHE ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD AND YOU'LL SUCK WITH HER ANYWAYS" The logic people had there was far worse than normal servers. She's an extremely complex character that's been out for only 6 or 7 hours, everybody sucks playing as her. And why do you think most people joined the test server in the first place? smh internet

people do that on the league pbe too

they tryhard in a testing server and its like "yknow this is made to find bugs with the hero, right?"

Also, new heroes:

6eb9a2e130.jpg

Guy on far left might be Liao?:
v0xS7sX.png

Can't be, his nose isn't a dorito

I thought D.Va was fine already...Guess that means I'm just gonna wreck even more with her if she's been buffed.

He looks like Nightwing.

Eh she was good but she wasn't the best tank. Plus she was the least picked IIRC and that's another reason she was buffed.
Also my thoughts exactly on Nightwing guy, I like him

wish they revealed her a couple days back, juuuust spent my gold on zarya's siberian front skin.

Thvnder pls
I like the Shrike skin a lot though

I guess it's true with people adapting to/avoiding her ulti...Though a majority of the time I was holding onto it until the mech died anyway so I could pop it and get another mech pretty much instantly.

I think she's the only character I really like the 'other' skins for, aside from Pharah who's the only character I've currently not just got in a pallet swap.

Glad I didn't decide to waste the all my cash a legendary skin for the sake of it when I hit 1000 gold last night :)

QNJebd9.jpg

The Siberian front skin is probably the best of Zarya's skins though

Last edited:
I love Zarya but her skins aren't that great.

Also, McCree is amazing again...

The McCree buff isn't anything spectacular - it's just something to put him into what he was designed as.

McCree was designed to be a midrange sharpshooter who had an option to deal with people who got close. His close range damage was overpowered as hell, so they gutted it and made it balanced. That left his midrange damage as something for McCree players to focus on, and having 1/2 damage at midrange made it impossible to deal with just about anybody. (Even headshotting a Tracer at that range wouldn't kill her. How is that rewarding gameplay?)

The most it'll do is raise the skillcap of McCree, because right now he's just a mediocre close range dps (of which Reaper does a better job) - but this should give good players more options.

The only hero this buff is going to be hurting much is Torbjorn and Pharah. And that's good because **** those two heroes.

Last edited:
The McCree buff isn't anything spectacular - it's just something to put him into what he was designed as.

McCree was designed to be a midrange sharpshooter who had an option to deal with people who got close. His close range damage was overpowered as hell, so they gutted it and made it balanced. That left his midrange damage as something for McCree players to focus on, and having 1/2 damage at midrange made it impossible to deal with just about anybody. (Even headshotting a Tracer at that range wouldn't kill her. How is that rewarding gameplay?)

The most it'll do is raise the skillcap of McCree, because right now he's just a mediocre close range dps (of which Reaper does a better job) - but this should give good players more options.

The only hero this buff is going to be hurting much is Torbjorn and Pharah. And that's good because **** those two heroes.

I'm not so sure. Being able to do 140 damage in one shot is insane. He can almost one shot a Tracer and three hit any 200 hp hero, without headshots. I think the buff is really strong and I like him like this but I don't know if it's quite fair. I kinda see him in between this buff and the nerf before.

I'm not so sure. Being able to do 140 damage in one shot is insane. He can almost one shot a Tracer and three hit any 200 hp hero, without headshots. I think the buff is really strong and I like him like this but I don't know if it's quite fair. I kinda see him in between this buff and the nerf before.

3 Hitting a 200 HP Hero isn't really anything significant when you have 6 shots per reload and a fairly low fire rate. It'd be a very difficult task. Especially considering every 200 health hero has some form of mobility that makes them a pain to hit anyway. Pharah, by comparison, can 2 shot multiple 200 health heroes, and has the same fire rate and clipsize.

It's better for his ability to dps tanks from a distance - because at this point McCree does ****-all to them and you might as well not be shooting them unless they're in your face.

>Plays competitive mode for provisionals
>Hey this is still more or less the same. Very fun and fairly relaxing.
>Plays competitive mode a bit for normal ranking
>Everyone screaming at each other. Nobody is having fun. Stress city. Double Winston

I think I'm going to wait until next season to try climbing anything lol.
Partly because it's not fun, partly because my two favorite heroes are Hanzo and Tracer and every team spams double Winston and I'm a giant baby.

Sorry I didn't play with you Kallie, I just wanted to see how it was solo before anything else.

Last edited:
3 Hitting a 200 HP Hero isn't really anything significant when you have 6 shots per reload and a fairly low fire rate. It'd be a very difficult task. Especially considering every 200 health hero has some form of mobility that makes them a pain to hit anyway. Pharah, by comparison, can 2 shot multiple 200 health heroes, and has the same fire rate and clipsize.

It's better for his ability to dps tanks from a distance - because at this point McCree does ****-all to them and you might as well not be shooting them unless they're in your face.

Hitscan vs Projectile

It's easier to point and shoot than account for travel time and your opponent's movements. If you don't hit them directly with Pharah, you're doing 30~ splash damage if it's close enough?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hitscan vs Projectile

It's easier to point and shoot than account for travel time and your opponent's movements. If you don't hit them directly with Pharah, you're doing 30~ splash damage if it's close enough?

Also, Pharah can't headshot like McCree can

Hitscan vs Projectile

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Pharah can't headshot like McCree can

Pharah doesn't need to headshot when her non-headshot is not only aoe, but almost double his headshot damage atm.

Last edited:
Back