• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Overwatch General Thread

But you get better with practice...
The lag though, I understand.

Though it's mainly FPS. Luckily yesterday I played around with settings enough to increase my FPS a bit and it does help. My aiming is more on point and I'm more useful to my team. Also it is easier to navigate the map and all. And I can finally keep up in firefights too.

Just from the trailer I can tell she's either

A: Going to do very little healing as we can see she has the potential one shot roadhog. (Sleeping Dart -> Biotic Grenade -> Headshot)

or

B: Going to be horrifically broken as she can both do a lot of healing and act as a legitimate sniper.

Ana is so cool I'm yelling I want her to adopt meeeeee

cNIvs6e.png

Anyway, these new updates are crazy. Buffs to McCree, D.Va and Zenyatta

Last edited:
I think the biggest thing is this: Competitive Play matches can now only have one of each hero per team.
That's HUGE! No more 2xWinston+2xLucio+2xTracer...sad for me lol.

D.Va is seriously getting some big buffs...Not to sure about the decreased 15%. Seems like a ton although it's really funny when I avoid death by hiding behind a pole. Not too happy about her not being able to die from it though...It was fun being Lucio and booping her into it.

"If a match goes into Overtime for more than 20 seconds, the fuse will now start to "burn down" more quickly" this I LOVE because it gets rid of the D.Va exploit people began using. "Players now respawn more slowly during Overtime (increased spawn time by 2 seconds)" As for this, I'm not too happy about...

Lucio's Sound Barrier got increased by 10% which sucks for a Lucio player like me...

McCree got a good buff that makes him have full damage at longer distances (but not too long). I never understood why damage fell especially is he counters Pharah.

Also...Mercy...:
-Damage Boost
-Bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%
-Effect will no longer stacks with bonus damage provided by another Mercy
That's good and dandy. Support Brawl was awful with two Mercy's supporting a Sym
-Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
-Movement is no longer prevented during activation
-Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use
This is good in my opinion. This will prevent Mercy from flying in, res, then dying.

Roadhog got his ULT cut by 45% which is crazy. I didn't even think he was "OP" but I guess Blizz thought otherwise.

It seems like most of these updates are hindering ULT's for some reason.

Also, new heroes:

6eb9a2e130.jpg

Guy on far left might be Liao?:
v0xS7sX.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Apparently they're the same person. Sombra is just her 'codename'.

Maybe but I don't know why they wouldn't call her Sombra or even why her name would be Sombra. Her char profile also doesn't mention it anywhere.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ZNvB5vu.png

These numbers appeared in Ana's Orgin Story.

"If you xor using 23 as the key (23rd hero?), you get 'la que tiene la informaci?n; tiene el poder...', or rustily translated from Spanish, "Whoever has the information, has the power...", using the feminine version of "whoever"."

@Norski most of the ult nerfs are because self-healing now count towards charging it. So that's why Lucio, S76, and Bastion got the same small nerf (if may end up being a buff to some but we'll see). Roadhog's Take a Breather would've filled like a quarter of his ult if it wasn't nerfed so yeah I think it's fine (45% seems to be a bit too high but it may end up being almost the same as before).

Last edited:
she needed the nerf, shes probably the most op character in the game. revive changes everything and every pro team had a mercy because of how much her ult could change a game

Blizz said they nerfed it because she now gives 50% damage boost so they're trying to "even it out".

- - - Post Merge - - -

gMlUFEc.jpg

More Possible Heroes:
r25c83G.jpg

Possible name: Athena

2NWxuP2.png

HCSg0iE.png

gWbOWy9.png

8j9IzB2.png

WlKzkwK.jpg

wcPV0ZH.png

Possible name: Soundquake

tynVoK1.png

P1MDkk5.png

CSK1ZcX.png

hvEGnu2.png

Possible name: Hawkeye

od70qVM.jpg

AjvlYv1.jpg

Possible name: Sombra

xJymRAy.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda doubt we'll see all of those characters, it would be a bit weird if all of the "old" Overwatch folks just faked their deaths.

I found one of the most dedicated players in the Test Server
Yjn0goR.jpg

Also people were so toxic in that chat. "STOP PLAYING ANA SHE ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD AND YOU'LL SUCK WITH HER ANYWAYS" The logic people had there was far worse than normal servers. She's an extremely complex character that's been out for only 6 or 7 hours, everybody sucks playing as her. And why do you think most people joined the test server in the first place? smh internet

Last edited:
Back