• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ω Axel's GFX Dump Thread Ω

FinalDraft.png

Entry for the SOTW.
I didn't do much shading because summer is all about light and bright colors. I also used the background that the image came from and the render from it and put it on top. I don't know if that cheating or not but oh well. Put some splatter behind the render and some effects on the stock and the lens flare.
Thoughts?

Reaalllly like that bump banner!
And I really like how you do the shading on your tags. That's something I struggle with :( It's either too much or not enough lol

Reaalllly like that bump banner!
And I really like how you do the shading on your tags. That's something I struggle with :( It's either too much or not enough lol

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.
And, the shading just takes time to figure out i guess. A lot of trial and error.
Unfortunately, as I get better, the first requested tags I've done do not look as good. I don't mind giving the xcf files for my most recent ones. I don't care. That's what helped me, looking at Wonder's work.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.
And, the shading just takes time to figure out i guess. A lot of trial and error.
Unfortunately, as I get better, the first requested tags I've done do not look as good. I don't mind giving the xcf files for my most recent ones. I don't care. That's what helped me, looking at Wonder's work.

xcf? Sorry I don't know what that is. Gimp?
Oh gosh, I don't even look at the stuff I did in the beginning, LOL
Sometimes I'll make something I really like, but other times I really struggle with it. It seems hit and miss with me.
Whereas you and WonderK seem to make everything look amazing (at least, to me they do) all the time.

xcf? Sorry I don't know what that is. Gimp?
Oh gosh, I don't even look at the stuff I did in the beginning, LOL
Sometimes I'll make something I really like, but other times I really struggle with it. It seems hit and miss with me.
Whereas you and WonderK seem to make everything look amazing (at least, to me they do) all the time.

Yeah it's the GIMP version of PSD for Photoshop. Idk if they go both ways. -shrugs-
But, Yeah, that stuff... I might go back and redo them, just for the practice.
And, I can understand that. Some of the stuff I even do now I feel that I missed and others I'm like yusssss i lurv it
And, you do some amazing work to, don't get me wrong!

Yeah it's the GIMP version of PSD for Photoshop. Idk if they go both ways. -shrugs-
But, Yeah, that stuff... I might go back and redo them, just for the practice.
And, I can understand that. Some of the stuff I even do now I feel that I missed and others I'm like yusssss i lurv it
And, you do some amazing work to, don't get me wrong!

Haha, thanks. Yeah sometimes I'll go back through the older pieces and play around with them, but sometimes I don't even wanna look at them. I guess like you said, it's all trial and error and of course practice makes perfect.
But really, keep doing what you're doing! <3 I might order a gfx and/or bump banner from you soon... just have to decide what I want :)

Haha, thanks. Yeah sometimes I'll go back through the older pieces and play around with them, but sometimes I don't even wanna look at them. I guess like you said, it's all trial and error and of course practice makes perfect.
But really, keep doing what you're doing! <3 I might order a gfx and/or bump banner from you soon... just have to decide what I want :)

You are a kind soul. Bless you.
I look forward to that and I might need you to make something for me, your Typography is flawless. :D

You are a kind soul. Bless you.
I look forward to that and I might need you to make something for me, your Typography is flawless. :D

Aw shucks :blush: You're too kind!
But seriously I might need that order because my shop is collecting dust! Haha I'm joking but not really

Aw shucks :blush: You're too kind!
But seriously I might need that order because my shop is collecting dust! Haha I'm joking but not really

I think everyone is getting that given the time of year. Hopefully once the holidays start, it will start picking up again.
The GFX high is slowly dying off in TBT....

I think everyone is getting that given the time of year. Hopefully once the holidays start, it will start picking up again.
The GFX high is slowly dying off in TBT....

Oh good so it's not just me thats noticed that, heh. I thought I was going crazy :)
Yeah you're right, hopefully the holidays will help.
And if not, we can take turns requesting from each other :p

Oh good so it's not just me thats noticed that, heh. I thought I was going crazy :)
Yeah you're right, hopefully the holidays will help.
And if not, we can take turns requesting from each other :p

Nothing wrong with that! We will only get better :3

So I went back to the beginning and redid some tags:
I simply tried to keep the same feel with the tag and just clean it up and improve areas I thought needed improvement.
and I think I have improved...

Old:
a3eBrewsterSiggy.png

New:
Brewster20.png

Old:
SuperMarioGalaxy.png

New:
f8bSuperMarioGalaxy.png

Old:
Hydreigon.png

New: