• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

d4a7fcfe863eda3b061e6d9952211ecb_zpstdr92oqd.jpg

Dhat Star Knight. Almost too good considering how easy it is to farm (when you have/can host). Pretty good starter armor, but you should set the bar higher for a dream set ;P

Dhat Star Knight. Almost too good considering how easy it is to farm (when you have/can host). Pretty good starter armor, but you should set the bar higher for a dream set ;P

everyone gotta start somewhere!!

start small end big!!

Tbh immenseness tickets were a ****. Not much people have it either sooo and it's res is all the same with no -

when ur doing double monster arena quests and some loser doesnt understand how smoke bombs work and they make the quest 5x harder than it needed to be fml

(not as bad as ****ers who use hammers, horns, of impact CB's and dont attack the head tho)

Last edited:
Tbh immenseness tickets were a ****. Not much people have it either sooo and it's res is all the same with no -

Guess I probably lucked out with a decent group, when I found hosts we where doing Oroshi Kirin for immenseness tickets at 3minutes a run. The resistances are a meh point for me; +5 in any particular resistance doesn't do much.

when ur doing double monster arena quests and some loser doesnt understand how smoke bombs work and they make the quest 5x harder than it needed to be fml

(not as bad as ****ers who use hammers, horns, of impact CB's and dont attack the head tho)
I sued smoke bombs once when there was only one monster xD

I sued smoke bombs once when there was only one monster xD

That's okay tho coz it doesn't really do anything. I was talking about the ****ers who go attack the other monster when a smoke bomb is in use, so both monsters are attacking you and not just one... Like pls stop

I think I`m nearing in on G quests in the village. I need to hunt a Frenzied or Apex Seregios or something. I must say even without playing online, this game is worth every cent.

This game also has an underrated sense of humour. I always have to laugh at the deskclerk corny wit, lol. The controls also are way better then the other monster hunter game for DS. Well done to the creators.

Now all I need is a handicraft jewel or a FreeElement jewel and I`m happy.

BTW, anyone know an easy way to get a lot of earth crystals? I hate grinding in lowrank quests. Do they come for sale at some point?

I think I`m nearing in on G quests in the village. I need to hunt a Frenzied or Apex Seregios or something. I must say even without playing online, this game is worth every cent.

This game also has an underrated sense of humour. I always have to laugh at the deskclerk corny wit, lol. The controls also are way better then the other monster hunter game for DS. Well done to the creators.

Now all I need is a handicraft jewel or a FreeElement jewel and I`m happy.

BTW, anyone know an easy way to get a lot of earth crystals? I hate grinding in lowrank quests. Do they come for sale at some point?

village doesn't have g rank. when you near the end of the village they do get near g-rank, but they never actually are "officially" g-rank (like the monsters may hit like g-rank monsters, but will only have high rank health), g-rank is exclusive to online/dondruma. but just fyi i found apex seregios to be easier than the regular one LOL

as for earth crystals, i dont think there's actually an easy way to get them. they dont go up for sale ever, unless capcom release a patch to upgrade the store like they did with 3U, but tmk, there's no such patch in the Japanese version so far, so I doubt one will come (which sucks). the easiest way to get them is to make an armor set with all the gathering skills and then go to sunkers hollow or sth and mine the **** out of the mining spots, and bring along palicoes with the treasure/gathering skill so they can help out, too. then just bring a farcaster so you can easily teleport back to the base camp once you've mined the area clean so you complete the quest quickly and then go again. it's possible to get like 60+ earth crystals per run from this method, which only takes about 5-10 mins to do so it's really not that bad.

They added new tings to the wycoon like bomb casings, raw meat(yeesssss), and farcasters so they might but I doubt it

d9bebab5a0179128705682d44cf5d11f_zpsjkxf8tbw.jpg

Last edited:
village doesn't have g rank. when you near the end of the village they do get near g-rank, but they never actually are "officially" g-rank (like the monsters may hit like g-rank monsters, but will only have high rank health), g-rank is exclusive to online/dondruma. but just fyi i found apex seregios to be easier than the regular one LOL

I haven`t started the Seregios fight yet (as much as I think the bleeding ailment is a valid addition, I really hate it), but I must say I was really disappointed fighting Deviljho. He felt way to weak to me. His attacks still look great though.

I'm going to google now whats the deal with all the desks in the game. You have the Dundorma desk (Only G rank or internet DLC appearently), you have the caravan quests and the online part (the gathering hall?)

I need to know the strength difference between the online and offline monsters. Then I know if I can solo it. Hunting a great jaggi for 40 minutes doesn`t sound like a great time, lol.

as for earth crystals, i dont think there's actually an easy way to get them. they dont go up for sale ever, unless capcom release a patch to upgrade the store like they did with 3U, but tmk, there's no such patch in the Japanese version so far, so I doubt one will come (which sucks). the easiest way to get them is to make an armor set with all the gathering skills and then go to sunkers hollow or sth and mine the **** out of the mining spots, and bring along palicoes with the treasure/gathering skill so they can help out, too. then just bring a farcaster so you can easily teleport back to the base camp once you've mined the area clean so you complete the quest quickly and then go again. it's possible to get like 60+ earth crystals per run from this method, which only takes about 5-10 mins to do so it's really not that bad.

Oh, thats even better then in Monster Hunter 3, I`ll try that. In Monster Hunter 3 I normally got 30ish Earth Crystals in a run. I did low rank runs in the forest area and I only got like 5 each run. That really was a pain in the ass, all for a tarnished weapon I`ll never use anyways.

Thanks for the information. Maybe solo?ng the online part is a fun challenge, find out how far I can get.

What is this game like? I have never played a game in the Monster Hunter series before...

Does it have amiibo features???

Last edited:
What is this game like? I have never played a game in the Monster Hunter series before...

Does it have amiibo features???

the amiibo feature is only in the japanese version of the game, where you can use the exclusive japanese nargacuga amiibo to unlock nargacuga and its subspecies in game

tumblr_ney9swe7Hd1ruxn67o1_500.jpg

Oh, thats even better then in Monster Hunter 3, I`ll try that. In Monster Hunter 3 I normally got 30ish Earth Crystals in a run. I did low rank runs in the forest area and I only got like 5 each run. That really was a pain in the ass, all for a tarnished weapon I`ll never use anyways.

hink I should have quoted you in post 394 instead. There are indeed g-rank monsters in caravan, but to unlock them requires reaching G1-G3 beforehand. There's also a basarios glitch that lets you mine 99 earth crystals in just a few minutes, but you'll have to google the specifics yourself.

Everything can be soloed, whether or not it's actually fun though is personal preference.

Last edited:
Made a blast insect glaive yesterday (hellruin something? From the crimson fatty) and for some reason attacking with it feels so weird for some reason. So used to using thunder, ice, fire glaives

Last edited:
the amiibo feature is only in the japanese version of the game, where you can use the exclusive japanese nargacuga amiibo to unlock nargacuga and its subspecies in game
[/QUOTE]

This....this trolled me pretty good. 10/10 I wasted 10 minutes confirming this is false.

Back