• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Into the MarioVerse Kingmaker- Mafia Win!

just wanted to outline this section of the second post before we begin

Wisdom of the Crowd
WotC will be used in this game. Anyone participating in the game (Players/Observers/Replacements) will be able to vote on a change in the game. Changes range from changing phase lengths, cycle start/end times, and preventing a member from participating in the game. WotC votes will only be considered via PM. If enough votes are cast, the change will be made.

since no one has vocalized any opposition to the setup, i’m going to assume people are fine with it

looking for two more players!

Hey Damniel I'd love to join a themed game but I have work most days next week a good portion of the day so I'd probably not be able to engage until after 7 CT. How long would the day/night cycles be?

Hey Damniel I'd love to join a themed game but I have work most days next week a good portion of the day so I'd probably not be able to engage until after 7 CT. How long would the day/night cycles be?
hi!

info on times are here:

Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 7PM EST, and results will be posted in a hour at 7-8PM EST (An hour at most to prepare). The thread will be locked for all of Night. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later to follow the flow of the game.

hi!

info on times are here:

OH woW my reading comprehension skills are on point here

Would it mess up the game too much if I couldn't respond until later in the day?
I probably could get a good amount of reading done on my breaks at work but I'd have to wait until after work/lunch to write out a response.

If so I'll sit this one out until I have more free time. Or sign up as a replacement

OH woW my reading comprehension skills are on point here

Would it mess up the game too much if I couldn't respond until later in the day?
I probably could get a good amount of reading done on my breaks at work but I'd have to wait until after work/lunch to write out a response.

If so I'll sit this one out until I have more free time. Or sign up as a replacement
i think as long as your able to post when you're available and people here know your availability it should be fine! days are 48 hours so you'd have time to respond to things and nights you can either rest/read up/reflex on any actions you may have

One more player needed! Hope to start Monday or Tuesday depending on when I get the final signup

There has been questions on whether or not people should be allowed to claim Kingmaker. Thoughts on this?

Also, please check the role list. If there is balance concerns I'd rather address them now than have drama once the game begins

Daniel, there is a tracker/ watcher? yikes, i might have to out plus i might need to take a break.. edit: oh i see this is open set up...

but still can you keep another slot open? if you really really need it, i will in

Daniel, there is a tracker/ watcher? yikes, i might have to out plus i might need to take a break.. edit: oh i see this is open set up...

but still can you keep another slot open? if you really really need it, i will in
if you need to out i understand :)

awesome! i plan on sending out roles tomorrow and work towards a monday start! if there's anything that needs to be discussed, please let me know soon!

@Geoni
@epona
@voltairenism
@Sidney
@shawo
@Aerious
@Ace Marvel
@Fleshy
@guav@
@DinoTown
@N e s s
@glow
@MyLifeIsCake
@Feferily
@unravel

I still plan to do 7pm EST (use New York to figure out times) for End of Phases. If there are any issues or concerns please talk with me before I send out roles as the lovely @Jacob has made custom role cards for this game

Currently, I planned to not allowed Kingmaker discussion in the game. But a couple of players have advocated for KM claim/discussion to happen. If you have any stance on this I'd love to hear it!

Last edited:
I'm beginning to randomize the roles now! You'll receive your role cards in TBT PM shortly

Game will start Tomorrow at 7PM EST

The setup is now finalized, but rules on Kingmaker discussion are still up for debate until the game starts

The Kingmaker will crown a King before the game starts for Day One

Also I planned on using King as the blanket term for who gets crowned each day, but if you'd like to be referred to as something else (Queen/Monarch) please let me know so I can accommodate :)

Last edited:
As roles are now being sent out, please discuss concerns of setup/Kingmaker Rules privately with me :)

I still need to do flavor since I'm next up in queue. 😩

Back