• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Into the MarioVerse Kingmaker- Mafia Win!

to stay transparent, i added clarification on the watcher role:

-they cannot watch themself

anything on setup not explained already in the OP will be announced publicly and then added to the OP. i apologize for the vagueness

Good morning people. I have read up and frankly gained nothing aside from Aerious still being weirdly hypocritical in telling people that explain reads aren't necessary yet telling Teddy explaining his reads was necessary.

Also Shawo being a pure force of choaa and removing himself entirely from King choice pool, basically lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also we have longer than I thought we had 'cause I dun goofed on the math, so there's that

Not surprise coming from Shawo as usual being chaotic town (slight town lean)
I see good points coming from Ness, Epona, and Ace those 3 people are my strong town leans.
Confused and a bit distraction coming from Dino and Aerious
I love stars
Technically i have nothing much to say and most of them are already pointed out so its useless if i bring it back again

Another ten pages to read! T3T Aha, sorry. Had to deal with lawyer stuff and then passed out. Do we currently have anybody claiming? Or just discussing it?

RT because i'm pretty sure me and everyone else in this game missed this post from feferily? you said you were only ten pages behind but like how do you miss aerious from d1 at that point when like the entire first ~10 pages are about aerious.

i was gonna ping u over some minor detail u said early on but decided against it. overall you've been pretty level fmpov
what was the detail tho

ace not being usual googoo gaga town ace or googoo gaga but in a slightly more apprehensive way town PR ace makes me think he is scum lmfao

in layman's terms, what is "googoo gaga town"

Back from my 9 hour shift. I think I've read up to everything so far. I'm curious to know who are volt's choices for lynch candidates and what reasons they give for them are. We're at less than 23 hours now, right?

i guess this is also one of those cases where, if you are caught up, wouldn't you have the answer to this question

Last edited:
I'd just like to know the reason for leading lynch on particular player rather than just having them end up dead with no explanation on your part.

I won't hold the accountable for making a mistake D1 but I will if they decide to throw someone under the bus without giving any insight as to why they chose that person. That's why I want to know how educated their guess is.

I can't trust that volt isn't part of the mafia yet. If a maf member ends up dead from a lynch that would clear volt of any involvement in my eyes.

bussing exists

Not surprise coming from Shawo as usual being chaotic town (slight town lean)
I see good points coming from Ness, Epona, and Ace those 3 people are my strong town leans.
Confused and a bit distraction coming from Dino and Aerious
I love stars
Technically i have nothing much to say and most of them are already pointed out so its useless if i bring it back again

are you kidding me
i've said like 10 times i want to lynch you and this is all you can come up with

in layman's terms, what is "googoo gaga town"

absolutely insane, totally incoherent, impossible to work out what his actual motive is (love u tho teddy)

oh so we're leaving breadcrumbs in white text???

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

hehe ❤️
maybe, maybe not

also are we still gonna stick to shawo, aerious and dino topic cuz its a huge distraction, useless discussion imo and plus knowing shawo he's just spouting non-sense in every game so i dont see the point at all

tenor.gif

hehe ❤
maybe, maybe not

also are we still gonna stick to shawo, aerious and dino topic cuz its a huge distraction, useless discussion imo and plus knowing shawo he's just spouting non-sense in every game so i dont see the point at all

ok do u actually want to bring... any thoughts forward?? like at all this game??

I'm caught up.

My first order of business is to ask everyone around who they would consider their 'towncore' which is a group of players in the game you trust the most or at least work with on the current day, enough to be willing to compromise with. Both myself and Epona have asked for people to name players they don't want lynched or veto being king, etc. Now I ask who fits the above criteria for towncore.

This will hopefully be explained as I post thoughts and question from my catch-up notes but I am currently at

Volt
Epona
glow
cake
Sidney

Maybe guava if I can get more reads from her.
Maybe Ness if he can redeem looking a bit rough from recent exchanges with epona.

Aerious and Shawo are probably town but they've gone crazy and on the note of Shawo I could still be giving it to him too easily.

I want glow and cake in the towncore but they are incompatible atm so I am hoping for glow to move on from uh...that read.

Requesting any lurkers awake to post after this so I don't encounter the postmerge pinging issue as I go person by person.

posting to break ur post

As for a towncore I don't really comfortably have one at the moment, the thread feels to me like it got very clogged up by a handful of interactions so i'm finding it hard to get reads outside of those interactions
however the people i trust most at the moment are:

volt (we don't really have a choice here, this isn't me saying they're a townread for me or w/e but they're king so necessary to work with them and trust them to a degree today regardless)
dinotown (i really just think dino is town sorry)
glow (probably my strongest townlean atm, haven't seen anything to suggest the contrary from them and have liked her posts so far)
guava (willing to trust her atm bc i don't think scum guava abandons the game for the whole day regardless of rl stuff but that's a very tentative read)

fwiw i think there could be 1 scum between cake/sidney. there's a lot of sheeping each other going on but that could also be bc sidney is new and not as confident sharing their own reads idk

i don't want to lynch shawo today, and i don't want the following people to be king tomorrow:
- shawo
- aerious
- ace

Last edited:
ooo lists i love lists

*clears throat*

re: towncore i'm thinking epona, dino, volt.
epona is good at mafia so im always a lil scared she's playing galaxy-brain level game, but shes been fairly town.
dino seems their usual self, so for now i'm ok town leaning.
volt because.. odds?

i think geoni and fleshy are a slight town-lean atm.

definitely agree with this tho
i don't want the following people to be king tomorrow:
- shawo
- aerious
- ace

i'm sus of all three of those, i don't think they're all mafia but why is the Chaos So Strong??????

I want glow and cake in the towncore but they are incompatible atm so I am hoping for glow to move on from uh...that read.
what do u mean?

@DinoTown

Against lynching?
Hmmm...

-Epona for now. Epona has been contributing the same way Epona always contributes and while that's a good thing for now, I also now Epona can make decent arguments and draw logical conclusions as scummy scum scum so that could change.
-Volt, not that we could lynch today anyway
-Sidney is clearly trying and I'd like to give 'em a bit more of a chance to get into things so would prefer maybe not them
-I guess I should say Ness and Ace because of that team thing but I will turn on them the second I think I need to

Other than that... eh? I honestly don't even remember who is and who isn't in this game right now I am not properly equipped to answer this question.

Initially I had more questions about this post but the one that hasn't really been clarified in the catch-up is why you are ambivalent about epona here because at the time there wasn't too much contribution from her yet and she was just getting started. What about this meta gave you enough confidence to overcome that understanding/paranoia about her not being out of her scumrange?

Of course I'm ready to turn on you. If you look like you might be scummy, I'm not gonna keep trying to be buddy buddy lol. I don't actually have anything that currently makes me town read you, same with Ness.

Have you actually read any of what I posted? That is not what I said. Jesus. Basic reading comprehension skills. I'm sorry I'm getting annoyed but this is now two people who are completely misinterpreting what I said. The fact that this comes AFTER I already explained to Geoni who then accepted they were wrong just makes you look even worse.
Also the "she's trying to get Kinged" stuff about me is genuinely funny because I'm not

I genuinely thought you were willing to be kinged with your answer and I wouldn't have gone in on what I believed was a lie while also saying that lie isn't AI. I saw someone with King equity (and thus competition) and a chance to disparage when misreading it as a boast.

Aerious not reading the moment of clarification that was -just- posted before she entered and echoing it as something AI, I do understand why that frustrated you. However,

You're really going all out over something I never even said. Good lord.

You know what, I'm not even gonna bother. I'll ask Dan later if he's got a replacement. I am not equipped to handle being scumread over being annoyed that someone else didn't understand what I said - even after I explained it.

I literally spent my morning explaining to Geoni, who then accepted it. Now I'm having to do it again. This is supposed to be a game and all the fun gets sucked out when you have to spend most of it explaining yourself over the same thing again and again.

It was around an hour and resolved over the course of a few posts. Even considering anxiety I agree that this post about wanting to sub out was an overreaction to something you felt pretty calm albeit a little miffed explaining to me. Especially since I continually clarified that it shouldn't have been read as AI. It was wrong of me to go out of the way to disparage you for the reason I did but I need to mention this sub out post really pinged me.

A lot of discussion after this had to do with you wanting to shut down the kingmaking process discussion but for a while there in getting in the arguments about it you were partially responsible for breathing life into it.

There's an interaction about Ace with Fleshy I want to discuss but honestly you weren't wrong in your posting but if Ace is scum I'll revisit this. Don't think Ace/Fleshy is w/w while I'm on that topic.

Anyways I feel like you have been really feeding into distractions despite showing a specific understanding of them and I don't feel this is logical or pro-town and I don't want to see you lynched today but this stuff is holding me back from trusting you when you do provide good takes on discussions.

You vs Aerious is gonna be included in the Aerious post.

This takes forever to assemble from my postnumber notes --> finding the quotes --> compiling so forgive me.

The process of collecting quotes + ISOing on mobile is near impossible but I'll get to a real keyboard in an hour and a half.

what do u mean?

If I had a dollar every time I see someone think they found a scumslip when another player says 'the town' and turn out wrong I could afford to buy a Little Caesars pizza and if I count this one I can make it an extra best most pizza.

I'll go over it again when I go over glow questions/thoughts.

Last edited:
Gm it is way too early for me. I went back and read a ton through the thread again.

Here's my thoughts on some sus people:

Dino was getting quite heated over some small things which honestly could have been solved through just calming down and restating their point. This def reads as paranoia for me.

Volt I'm not going to make a conclusion about until I hear their choice lynch today. This matters to me because in the off chance volt is maf and happened to be crowned their team will know this and feel safe throwing accusations around because they know none of them will be at risk of being lynched.

Areious I was sus about because they kept bringing up points of contention for very small things and dragging the conversations out. THEN blaming others for wasting D1 discussing it when they were the main perpetrator of the convo. BUT they did bring up a good point about Sidney.

Sidney went from saying she had little leads to go off to throwing a ton of players under the bus. She did ask for coaching but it's still a little odd. Like someone spoonfed her answers.

Shawo I genuinely believe blue claimed for self preservation. Saying 'I have a very important role for the town' is a moot point if vt roles are what counts for the town's numbers at the end of the game. On the off chance they are a blue role they just put a huge target on their back fro no reason. I believe they did this to eat night protection from Doctor/role blocks from the mafia but if they are town this strat is very self-centered. (Like someone else said) they do this every game and Aerious role-claiming early was not going to stop them.

If there are 8 vanilla towines (plus the blue roles) I'd peg:
Geoni
Ness
Ace
glow

Volt (unsure)
Epona?

for town right now. That leaves 3 players open for being maf. But I'm not sure how many are usually rolled in a 15 player game.

Feferily, unravel and Guav@ I can't really pin rn as they don't have much written yet.

Back