• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How do you feel about collectibles?

_Dentata

Fatima <- real name
Bells
Personally, I find most of them tacky. I really like the house set and carnations though.

They are nice but insanely priced. Not worth the thousands of TBT, in my opinion.

I... never got the hype, really. I once bought this cake thing years ago but I'd much rather save my TBT to buy in-game stuff or swap it for in-game bells. Some of them are cute, sure, but not cute enough to make me spend tons of bells on them. (':

They are nice but insanely priced. Not worth the thousands of TBT, in my opinion.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't spend 2.5k on some little profile attachment. I don't know how they get that much tbt

i can't really think of a time where i've bought a collectible in the marketplace tbh, i've just collected them from restocks and events etc, i think they're pretty addictive but i wouldn't spend anything ridiculous on them

I don't care for them. I like my profile nice and clean and simple. :)

I wouldn't say I regret buying anything because it looks nice, however I don't think I'll be buying any more. If had a chance to get one of those glow wands I would though.

For a long while I wrote them off as something I'd never be interested in because bells are sparse when you don't have items or skills to sell and I was more interested in using my bells on acquiring Pokemon, villagers, or furniture.

My love for Halloween was my undoing, as I quickly found myself wanting the candy collectibles. Then the other Halloween collectibles showed up (Ancient Candle, Pumpkin Cupcake, Voodoo Doll) so I had to get my hands on those too. From there I proceeded to fall into the hole of wanting my layout to look good, expanded my interests slightly and engaged more in the various events throughout the year.

I don't go crazy over them though. There are certain things I've wanted for a while like the Chocolate Cake and other stuff like the glow wands, but I'd prefer to save my bells for things yet to be unveiled because I might like those even more and I don't want to be unable to afford them. I do still occasionally look into acquiring Pokemon and villagers too, so that remains a factor. This is the largest amount of bells I've collected at one time as well, and if I ever got some crazy high amount just by being frugal, I wouldn't proceed to waste it all on one cool collectible. Some of those prices are just too out there for me.

I don't really see the point. I got mine because I just thought they were cute and they were cheap. But I don't seek them out or even care.

Yeah i agree. 2k for a ballon? not worth it, its at least worth a bit in the hundrids but i don't think they should be priced so high.

(AlsowhenchococakerestockplsiNEED)

I've always found the collectibles to be meaningless. The problem is that, most of them never seem to do anything else than cluttering under the avatar. So many of these collectibles (even the timed ones) are so easily obtainable that they essentially meant nothing about the user's engagement.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the entire bell system and collectibles to disappear, but they're not something that would ruin my overall enjoyment either. I'd very likely forget that they existed before they're gone forever.

im fine with them, insanely priced especially since the tbt economy is garbage now, even still, mori letters are my life source

im fine with them, insanely priced especially since the tbt economy is garbage now, even still, mori letters are my life source

I'm dirt poor apparently. XD

I'm not fond of the high prices for them, but they are really cute. ^_^

They're okay, but I'm not crazy about them. I'd maybe be more into collectibles if there was a way to rearrange them rather than the current system that displays them chronologically. If we had the freedom to adjust our sidebar ourselves without the hassle of dates, then I'd probably be more interested.

i got super addicted to them, collected them all and spent thousands of tbt, and now i'm at a standstill, lol. the market for collectibles used to be wayyyy better when i was first getting into them, and i'm grateful i did most of my selling/buying back then because these days it's just awful.

they're cute & i love them though :')

Back