• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Greek Cultists Mafia: Cult Surrenders! Town Wins!

If Cult Leader is dead, excluding potential powers that Influence has, would Cult not be able to convert any more people?

If the cult leader is dead, then the cult would not be able to perform any more conversions. Barring any usage of Influence.

3. N e s s
4. Runeraider Oligarch
5. Dad
6. LaBelleFleur
7. Trojan
9. EnderWiggin
12. Sarasakat President/Cop
13. JellofishXD Speaker
14. Kit Granny

So considering Rune hardly seems like N1 conversion material, I think it's safe to say that we started out with 2 cult members. They've had one chance to recruit using Oath, and since he's dead, their Influence won't do anything either (unless the research part can be passed on. Gonna ask that at the end of this). If they could use Influence to convert, then at max, there's 2 left after Rune. If culting isnt apart of their influence, then they have 1 left after Rune.

So this is where my questions come in for everyone:
Considering the possible people left, who do you think is Cult? And why?

Out of everyone who's left, who would you consider to be town, and why?

And here comes my questions for you, Dolby (rip)
If we assume conversation is something Influence can do, can two people be converted in one night if Cult leader is alive?

Does the Researcher part of the Cult Leader role pass on once Cult Leader dies (like how Speaker or the House has their role passed on)?

It was probably a vig or somebody who got power because pillow was scummy af. Also this is why I'm wary of the quiet ones.

Why the rush to night? I think we need to figure out if I need to put double lynch into effect tomorrow, because if the question I asked has an answer of no, then we're always going to be a step behind.

Still have to lynch somebody today. Also stop being a cop with a sniper you're making this game too easy. As for the double lynch? At least make sure you have some sort of protection? Because you need to survive until tomorrow for it, with an inspection result.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I should tell you I used my money last night.

So as long as I don't give any powers to cult there's no conversions?
They can convert by using Oath or potentially using Influence, something unique to the Cult. You give Powers, which are to spare people from being converted and you give them a cop inspection.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was probably a vig or somebody who got power because pillow was scummy af. Also this is why I'm wary of the quiet ones.

Still have to lynch somebody today. Also stop being a cop with a sniper you're making this game too easy. As for the double lynch? At least make sure you have some sort of protection? Because you need to survive until tomorrow for it, with an inspection result.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I should tell you I used my money last night.
I don't think Vig's stupid enough to kill the Pres though? And there's no way Cult has KP.

It depends, if Jello put power in the wrong hands and it's a shot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh wait you haven't Jello?

If we assume conversation is something Influence can do, can two people be converted in one night if Cult leader is alive?

Does the Researcher part of the Cult Leader role pass on once Cult Leader dies (like how Speaker or the House has their role passed on)?
To the first part. Yes

To the second part.

Also, Dolby, if the wealthy landowner dies does that mean cult can't convert people anymore or use influence points or whatever?
Cult can still use influence

Last edited:
If they could use Influence to convert, then at max, there's 2 left after Rune. If culting isnt apart of their influence, then they have 1 left after Rune.

They can still convert, see what I said in my last post. There's one left. As for influence I dunno.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aaand so I guess that means it could be two left after Rune.

OP said:
Access to vital records. Players who are given this role will be able to inspect other players and find out their alignment once per night. If given to a Oligarch or a Corruption Investigator they will be able to find out the full role of their target.
Money. Players who are given this role will be able to resist being converted once. If this ability is given to a Oligarch then they will gain a second night life.
Arent these the powers though?

Did nobody else start out with money?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't answer that question actually.

They can still convert, see what I said in my last post. There's one left. As for influence I dunno.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Aaand so I guess that means it could be two left after Rune.
Yeah that's why I asked haha

What is money

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah nvm

As for the other remaining cult, I'm going to guess it's at least Ender or Labelle based on them going after people who are known to lead/provide decent reads. Or somebody they thought was a blue role. I'm going to hope they only tried to convert me last night and didn't succeed with someone else, that'd be too OP.

- - - Post Merge - - -

or didn't succeed with somebody else*

Everyone: Don't let the vote reach majority!

Wanted to make that clear before I headed to bed. In the meantime, Dad/anyone else who's here, can you answer those questions I put down earlier? If you don't feel comfortable putting it in thread, PM it to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ninja'd rip

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for the other remaining cult, I'm going to guess it's at least Ender or Labelle based on them going after people who are known to lead/provide decent reads. Or somebody they thought was a blue role. I'm going to hope they only tried to convert me last night and didn't succeed with someone else, that'd be too OP.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If your money got used, that means you resisted a cult conversion though, right? Because doesn't money get used when you get targeted for conversion?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait when did I go after people who lead/provide decent reads?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, nevermind, I'm stupid. Dad meant that they were converting leaders/people who provide good reads.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh I've hardly done any in-depth reading since Oath.

Also upon review the Ness thing was me jumping mosty on one comment about no not Oath yet.

Good cop scry on Rune, I wouldn't have picked him tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

3. N e s s
4. Runeraider Oligarch
5. Dad
6. LaBelleFleur
7. Trojan
9. EnderWiggin
12. Sarasakat President/Cop
13. JellofishXD Speaker
14. Kit Granny

Okay, assuming Dad is telling the truth about his money.

that means if there IS a 3rd cult, then Trojan/Labelle

Probably Labelle, tbh.

See, this is the interesting part though:

I asked Jello who they gave their power to last night, and they told me someone. Problem is - that someone wasn't Dad. So I don't really know what to make of it all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If a cultust was modkilled, would that give the Speaker power?

Why the rush to night? I think we need to figure out if I need to put double lynch into effect tomorrow, because if the question I asked has an answer of no, then we're always going to be a step behind.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I lol'd though
Welp I'm gonna go cast my vote for rune ^_^
About the doublelynch, it might be a good idea. Who out of the two (Belle and someone else can't remember and I'm on movie.)
Seem more cult-like? One thing I can say is that belle has been very quiet this game.

The possible options are Ness, Dad, LaBelle, Trojan, or Ender.

I'm inclined to think Labelle, as well. I know for sure she was town D1, but after that, I'm not so sure. It really depends on the stragety we think Oath went with... And I highly doubt he'd recruit Trojan or Ness. We would have noticed a significant behavior change, as well, since those are the kind of players to display one. Only think that makes me hesitate about Labelle is that she was inactive D1 as well, so it's not like she could help change things if she was recruited. But the next most likely would be Ender imo, and I don't really think he's suspicious, soo.

Hi, sorry I've been inactive, just been super busy. I'll try to get in here to read back and post something tonight.

Curious Kat, why did you investigate Rune? (Sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere.)

A. Rune was extremely quiet and never talked about serious stuff, which was entirely against his meta
B. I dont know why I cant remember rn, but iirc Oath said something about him. Thought it'd help interpret the WIFOM.

What about my questions? ;u;

Back