• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Features You Want / Feature Ideas General Discussion

Some of these are great ideas! I’d also love to have more than one town in “one game” (idk how best to phrase it) and having some of the unique holidays from previous games back too would be awesome c:

Since we live on an island now, I hope messages in a bottle return. I think that's a really cool idea and something they should bring back.

I'm really hoping the Dream Suite comes back, or that we get something similar. Being able to look at other towns for inspiration without having to actually visit them was great.

-Custom Villagers: i'll let the pictures speak:

WOW. Those are really neat! Thanks for posting!

It'd be great if they let us do something like that. I do kinda miss the fact that we can't draw on Blanca's face anymore. I'm not really sure why they don't have it. Maybe it's because they're afraid of people drawing inappropriate things. But you can still do inappropriate things on patterns (and believe me, I've seen some really bad stuff, mostly on Happy Home Designer), and patterns still exist. I hope they never take away patterns though...

Anyway, I don't really see custom villagers happening, but it would be a lot of fun if they did. I'd be really curious what people do with them. I especially like the dog you made. That'd be super cute to see a villager like that.

one thing that was running through my mind while watching the trailer/gameplay was that the UI/textboxes all feel so... bland. (for example the date and time, inventory...) its a small thing but id like if things would stand out a bit more. it just looks very modern and simple. i know the game is still in progress so im hoping theyre just placeholders!

and i really want blather's blathering back too! there should definitely be an option asking the player if they want to hear more about the specimen. its literally his name. villager depth is also something ive wanted for a long time. a feature where you can build friendships like in pocket camp would be cool, but maybe visually depicting whenever your friendship grows would ruin the immersion? maybe lines change around a bit when they like you better, or a special sound plays when they level up, or they start singing... it would also be nice that if you reach a certain level of friendship, that villager can be asked to stay on the island so they dont move out. on the topic of that, id also like if they brought back a bit of the rudeness from the gamecube version. i mean, not to that extent of course. but itd be nice to feel like youre making progress when they start being friendlier and warmer to you!

ive talked about this before too... but tools should have their own inventory. i always carry my tools around with me just in case i need them, theres not really a reason to put them away. they just take up space.

I'd like the option to start over in a new location once you've advanced enough in the game, similar to New Leaf. However, this time it would really be a new location with Nook offering a mountain retreat package or a forest package etc. A bit like how you can pick a different kind of farming map when you start Stardew Valley

I want the Wild World-type picture quotes back. The ones in New Leaf are fine, but they lack the charm and hilarity of the ones from Wild World.

one thing that was running through my mind while watching the trailer/gameplay was that the UI/textboxes all feel so... bland. (for example the date and time, inventory...) its a small thing but id like if things would stand out a bit more. it just looks very modern and simple. i know the game is still in progress so im hoping theyre just placeholders!

I think the same. The UI/inventory is flat and bland.

Maybe an airport gift shop?? After arriving at someone's island you're left inside that island's airport like the train station but more airport-y. Inside is a gift shop like the Able Sisters except the things on display are items custom made by that island's inhabitants. You can also display furniture that allows custom designs. Maybe you could even assign a certain villager to run the store

Seeing all the new clothing styles gets me so excited to create new designs for myself and villagers, especially now since they can wear more than just tank tops. But for some reason I feel like we can't design on different clothing types, like these:
cool.jpg i-.jpg oop-.jpg yee-.jpg

Its dumb but I would be so heart broken if we could only design one type of dress or shirt now that they introduced like 5 including Pocket Camp. Something that might actually change though, is the pixel grid method of designing, since it would look so choppy in HD now that we ditched the heavily pixel based 3DS.

An idea I had was to give us the pixel grid method for people used to it, but also give us a 3D model texture template (think like designing a minecraft skin or a video game model texture template) on the official ACNH website or something, that we could download, transfer to a drawing program, and design outfits there. I've had this dream for YEARS and I feel like it could finally be a reality if they acknowledge how choppy the old method of designing clothes will be on the Switch.

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this: Does anybody know if we have confirmation whether or not we can place *all* furniture items outside? Or will it only be for the outdoors-y kind of items? I've been wondering about that, since all the items they showed in the trailer and treehouse segment kind of fitted the outdoors to begin with.

Last edited:
Since we live on an island now, I hope messages in a bottle return. I think that's a really cool idea and something they should bring back.
Totally forgot that messages in a bottle were a thing. They would fit perfectly to the whole island
theme. Now I hope too that they bring them back.

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this: Does anybody know if we have confirmation whether or not we can place *all* furniture items outside? Or will it only be for the outdoors-y kind of items? I've been wondering about that, since all the items they showed in the trailer and treehouse segment kind of fitted the outdoors to begin with.
As far as I know, they didn't confirm anything about this so far (please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I'm trying to avoid looking at anything in the NH section as not to build up my hopes too much, (it looks so great from everything so far <3) but I keep getting drawn back like a moth to a 20 watt bulb.
Is anyone else miffed that you can only have one island per console? I guess I've been spoiled by multiple towns from recent games.

I honestly don't know how people manage more than one town.

I've barely got time to eat after coming home.

If there are pwps in NH I hope we don't have to rely on villagers to get them. I would like more options. In my second town Crystal I got a villager to suggest building the police station. I have been playing NL for six years and I finally got that suggestion! Grant it I play the game in small bursts.

I also hope more interactions with furniture. I was playing HHD last night. After I designed a house for Walker, he was sitting up on the bed in the montage. I would love to have my character to sit up on the bed furniture! I know it's odd thing to hope for. lol

I hope this is a game we can play offline as well with no wifi. I get needed it for playing with other people but if we dont i hope we can still play it

I hope this is a game we can play offline as well with no wifi. I get needed it for playing with other people but if we dont i hope we can still play it

Online has never been a requirement in the mainline games, you just won't be able to host or join other players without an internet connection. New leaf required online connectivity for some content ( Dream Suite, a few PWPs, etc.) But the game was still very much playable without it. The situation should be the same for this game, so I wouldn't worry about that. :)

Last edited:
I wish that NH will expand on current activities more and add more depth to them.

- I'd like a few more crops/edibles/plantables, so you can farm even more stuff.

- I'd like to make something out of the planted things, like Jam out of fruit, maybe even go up to a fruit pie with it, or juice. Make some villagers happy with their favorite pie or juice would be a nice addition to the game. Cooking or Processing of food in a simple manner always was something i wished i could do in ACNL, since it gives you a more "alive" feeling of villagers and the village itself.

- I'd like to explore the surrounding waters more. Maybe when you get the dive suit and a snorkel, you could dive on the shores of your little island paradise, collect and plant corrals and collect some fish there. Would be cool if you'd get a coral reef instead of an aquarium!

- For some reason i like when my games have a mini game inside. Maybe an AC based TCG you can spend your bells on. I'm just a sucker for grinding money and buying card packs in such games (digimon world 3 <3).

If PWPs do come back, I hope we get to arrange where they're placed easier. Same with villager houses.

Back