• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you think the U.S. election is going to be rigged?

Will the election be rigged?

• Yes

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 58.8%

• Total voters

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Donald Trump has been talking about the election being rigged a lot over the last few days. Do you think he's right? Is democracy just an illusion? Or do you think Trump knows he's going to lose and is making an excuse?

I truly doubt an event this big would be rigged, though what do I know? It's not like it's too far out of the realm of possibilities, considering how disrespectful the candidates have been towards each other (namely Donald Trump).

Last edited:
honestly i don't know if it's rigged. anything could happen, especially with such a dire election this year. ^ and i agree, i think the media is def biased

i guess if someone doesn't understand the difference between objectivity and neutrality or doesn't understand how or why the election works, they'd think so

if rigged means "reasonable people couldn't find the alt-right more of a joke, trump is an electoral disaster, and their tantrum will be rightfully shelved on election day" yeah

I personally don't believe it's rigged, but I do believe that the media is biased.

I agree to this. I honestly think Trump was saying that this election is rigged because he wants to take office. But I don't believe the accusations of him touching women inappropriately. The media is biased. I can't trust them anymore. But they're losing credibility already. So that's good.

I don't think there is a concerted effort by the media to get Hillary Clinton elected. Media outlets just want to maximize their ratings so they can make more money and coverage of Trump generates huge ratings. If anything, the media has helped Trump by constantly covering his every word and tweet and giving him much more publicity than his primary foes even though Trump's candidacy was a joke compared to any previous candidate to run for president. Media outlets decided that they could get much higher ratings by making this election like a reality TV show which was irresponsible. However, airing footage of Trump's offensive and dumb comments is not biased; it would be irresponsible to not inform voters of the **** that comes out of his mouth and tweets on a daily basis. The "mainstream media" is mainstream for a reason. They at least still follow some journalistic ethics instead of just making rumors and conspiracy theories with no hard evidence to back them up.

Last edited:
if anyone's rigging it, it's the GOP side. with certain GOP states inducing illegal voter restrictions to prevent minority groups from voting

but as far as some ugly manchild's claims that it'll be rigged against him? lmao

I honestly don't care either way rip

Maybe, but...//shrugs I don't know politics

Last edited:
I don't think it will be rigged. Just going off the voting system in this country, we had a result earlier this year that those in power weren't happy about. I think he will say it's rigged if he doesn't get power, it will be all else excuses

if anyone's rigging it, it's the GOP side. with certain GOP states inducing illegal voter restrictions to prevent minority groups from voting

but as far as some ugly manchild's claims that it'll be rigged against him? lmao

I actually think voter IDs is a good idea (it prevents voter fraud), but I don't get how it's intentionally discriminating against minority voters. Yeah, I know it does lower the voter turnout in minority groups and poor people, but if they want to pass voter ID laws, shouldn't they make it easier for citizen minority voters to get IDs?

I actually think voter IDs is a good idea (it prevents voter fraud), but I don't get how it's intentionally discriminating against minority voters. Yeah, I know it does lower the voter turnout in minority groups and poor people, but if they want to pass voter ID laws, shouldn't they make it easier for citizen minority voters to get IDs?

Except there is no "preventing voter fraud" about it. Especially given that last I checked, voter fraud in the states is practically nonexistent, and certainly not even close to notable enough to swing an election to a single party's side. The GOP knows full well that their relationship with minority voters is not good (gee, I wonder why they aren't all for a hate-campaign against them), and do this specifically to reduce their voting impact. Everything about voter fraud is just a ****ty excuse they hide behind.

But regardless, the fact that it's been ruled as illegal means whatever reasoning there is is null-and-void. At this point they are simply knowingly and intentionally ignoring the law, because it doesn't conform with their endgoal.

Except there is no "preventing voter fraud" about it. Especially given that last I checked, voter fraud in the states is practically nonexistent, and certainly not even close to notable enough to swing an election to a single party's side. The GOP knows full well that their relationship with minority voters is not good (gee, I wonder why they aren't all for a hate-campaign against them), and do this specifically to reduce their voting impact. Everything about voter fraud is just a ****ty excuse they hide behind.

But regardless, the fact that it's been ruled as illegal means whatever reasoning there is is null-and-void. At this point they are simply knowingly and intentionally ignoring the law, because it doesn't conform with their endgoal.

I hate people who hate Republicans in general, especially the ones that assume that all Republicans are intolerant. They don't really support the voter IDs just to prevent minorities from voting. That's some liberal bias there.

However, some states with strict photo ID laws have exceptions to the voter ID laws. You can vote if you have a reasonable impediment.

Last edited:
Back