• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you think the U.S. election is going to be rigged?

Will the election be rigged?

• Yes

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 58.8%

• Total voters
I heard that Trump was supposed to make Hillary win but then he knew he could win. But IDK if it's true or not.

lol @ the idea that the republican party is just a front for white nationalism. it's always strange how east asians and indians dont seem to be oppressed in the same way as blacks. can't be because their cultures value hard work and a belief that you have to work for what u want.

meanwhile the democrat policy has just been to buy the black/hispanic vote with "solutions" like food stamps, free abortions and aggressive affirmative action policies. if the democrats really were the champions of ethnic minorities, why have they not achieved anything in cities like chicago and washington dc where the democrafts have been in sole control for decades

It's kinda funny that the Democratic Party thinks they are more beneficial for minorities, but what they're trying to cater to them isn't benefitting them in any way.

Under George Bush, African Americans performed a lot better than under Obama. The lowest and highest unemployment rates were lower under Bush, poverty rates were lower, income inequality gap was narrower, and more African Americans were appointed in Bush's cabinet than Obama's. All what Obama did was lower the bar for everyone, which is not letting them improve. Instead, it's making society as a whole worse.

I could go over the history of how Republicans were not racist and how the Democrats were, but that is irrelevant to today's time. Remember, your past activity doesn't mean anything in the present, your private activity doesn't mean anything in public, and your activity that's irrelevant to ones' business doesn't mean anything to that business. So the history of racism from Democrats doesn't mean anything to them today. Only recent attempts since Obama taken cotnrol. It may be irrelevant to them in the 2060's too.

lol @ the idea that the republican party is just a front for white nationalism. it's always strange how east asians and indians dont seem to be oppressed in the same way as blacks. can't be because their cultures value hard work and a belief that you have to work for what u want.

meanwhile the democrat policy has just been to buy the black/hispanic vote with "solutions" like food stamps, free abortions and aggressive affirmative action policies. if the democrats really were the champions of ethnic minorities, why have they not achieved anything in cities like chicago and washington dc where the democrafts have been in sole control for decades

Are you suggesting that African Americans don't have a strong work ethic as if there is a correlation between skin color and work ethic? White men have had a 150+ year head start on every other group in the U.S. so that's why there are gender and race gaps in the U.S.; it has nothing to do with work ethic. The East Asian comparison is flawed since there is a lot of selection bias there; many people who immigrate from China, India, etc. are highly skilled workers as opposed to Africans who were brought here against their will and given no education.

As for why Democrats win most of the African American / Hispanic vote, maybe Republicans should visit those communities and listen to the issues which are important to them instead of just complaining how they are lazy and stupid for voting for Democrats and pretending like cities are hellholes with people getting killed left and right when that is far from the truth.

You're right about the GOP not just being a white nationalist front though. The GOP is a party which represents the interests of the super wealthy and just uses white nationalist politics to get working class voters to vote against their own economic interests.

I could go over the history of how Republicans were not racist and how the Democrats were, but that is irrelevant to today's time. Remember, your past activity doesn't mean anything in the present, your private activity doesn't mean anything in public, and your activity that's irrelevant to ones' business doesn't mean anything to that business. So the history of racism from Democrats doesn't mean anything to them today. Only recent attempts since Obama taken cotnrol. It may be irrelevant to them in the 2060's too.

Democrats were the racist party back in the 1950's. Then, LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act and most of the racist people flipped over to the Republican Party. That's why Trump is the Republican candidate and not the Democratic candidate.

Last edited:
As for why Democrats win most of the African American / Hispanic vote, maybe Republicans should visit those communities and listen to the issues which are important to them instead of just complaining how they are lazy and stupid for voting for Democrats and pretending like cities are hellholes with people getting killed left and right when that is far from the truth.

They could, but the problem here is that if the Republicans asked for what they want, this is what would come out:

- socialized medicine
- increased spending on government programs
- more government
- affirmative action
- lower standards on education
- police to be re-trained

The problem here is that Republicans do not believe in any of this. They would support the Civil Rights Act, protect anti-discrimination laws, and help advance African Americans, and they're not going to get anywhere higher than 15% of the black vote (even if a black Republican was running). The reason why Republicans oppose all this is because it's their core beliefs that they favor less government, less spending, more economic freedom, a stronger justice system, and equal proportion for all people based on skill, productivity, and morals. There's no way they would betray their core beliefs, yet they are incompatible with African American values (which I listed above). Not trying to use stereotypes, but they are tired of being treated differently, whether if it's natural or for racial reasons. That's why it's hard for the Republicans to get a high black vote.

As for the Hispanics, they are a little more mixed than the African Americans. Again, some of their beliefs are imcompatible with the Republicans' core beliefs. However, if they do support amnesty for all undocumented immigrants that came to work and created jobs for them, the Republicans could get a higher Hispanic vote. That, and some of the Hispanic values compatible with the Republicans' beliefs. That's why it's a little more mixed.

I hope my post isn't offensive. I'm not trying to sound offensive. If it is, I would like to know what I said that was wrong.

Last edited:
Democrats were the racist party back in the 1950's. Then, LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act and most of the racist people flipped over to the Republican Party. That's why Trump is the Republican candidate and not the Democratic candidate.

I would argue, though, that Harry Truman wasn't a racist.

They could, but the problem here is that if the Republicans asked for what they want, this is what would come out:

- socialized medicine
- increased spending on government programs
- more government
- affirmative action
- lower standards on education
- police to be re-trained

Have you heard any African Americans saying that they want these things or did you read or hear this somewhere and assume it's true?

The problem here is that Republicans do not believe in any of this. They would support the Civil Rights Act, protect anti-discrimination laws, and help advance African Americans, and they're not going to get anywhere higher than 15% of the black vote (even if a black Republican was running). The reason why Republicans oppose all this is because it's their core beliefs that they favor less government, less spending, more economic freedom, a stronger justice system, and equal proportion for all people based on skill, productivity, and morals. There's no way they would betray their core beliefs, yet they are incompatible with African American values (which I listed above). Not trying to use stereotypes, but they are tired of being treated differently, whether if it's natural or for racial reasons. That's why it's hard for the Republicans to get a high black vote.

Republicans are not getting much African American support and if they don't change any of their policies, they are not going to get much African American support. There is no such thing as African American values; African Americans have the same values as other Americans; they just face unique obstacles that other groups don't have to face as a result of the lingering of America's ugly racial history.

If Republicans want to win African American votes, they should come up with conservative solutions to those obstacles instead of blaming our nation's first African American president for everything.

I hope my post isn't offensive. I'm not trying to sound offensive. If it is, I would like to know what I said that was wrong.
I don't think you were trying to be offensive, but when you say stuff like "African American values", you come off as someone who spends all of their time around white people and then talks about blacks and Hispanics as if they are exotic creatures.

Last edited:
Have you heard any African Americans saying that they want these things or did you read or hear this somewhere and assume it's true?

You're right that it's an assumption, but a couple of them actually support these beliefs. Even those who don't support any of these mostly vote Democratic.

Republicans are not getting much African American support and if they don't change any of their policies, they are not going to get much African American support. There is no such thing as African American values; African Americans have the same values as other Americans; they just face unique obstacles that other groups don't have to face as a result of the lingering of America's ugly racial history.

I probably said it wrong when I said "African American values", but what I was trying to say is that they're still being treated unequally by nature and are mostly behind, which is basically what "unique obstacles that other groups don't have to face" mean. But yeah, nobody wants to feel behind. Even if the Republicans don't believe in diversity requirements and would rather allow only people who could meet up the standards, they're only gonna see white people get higher class jobs and stuff, even if they don't care about race in general and if they allow all people regardless of color. And it's all because of, like what you said, America's ugly racial history. Back then, they discriminated against African-Americans because they don't believe non-whites should have power. Those days are over, but the damage has been done. They're already behind because of this. And some people still choose to continue the damage, which will ruin their future just like how their present is ruined by their past.

If Republicans want to win African American votes, they should come up with conservative solutions to those obstacles instead of blaming our nation's first African American president for everything.

It's actually true that Obama has done a lot of damage towards our country, and his race doesn't mean anything regarding the damage he has done. But I already talked about it enough times. Moving on...

I don't think you were trying to be offensive, but when you say stuff like "African American values", you come off as someone who spends all of their time around white people and then talks about blacks and Hispanics as if they are exotic creatures.

What I want to avoid here is receiving an infraction for posting racist content. I want to retain my good citizenship achievement on this site and avoid saying something that is widely racist or offensive. But I also wasn't trying to intend what people would think of me when I said "African American values". Like I said, I said it wrong as you corrected what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that African Americans don't have a strong work ethic as if there is a correlation between skin color and work ethic? White men have had a 150+ year head start on every other group in the U.S. so that's why there are gender and race gaps in the U.S.; it has nothing to do with work ethic. The East Asian comparison is flawed since there is a lot of selection bias there; many people who immigrate from China, India, etc. are highly skilled workers as opposed to Africans who were brought here against their will and given no education.

You're right about the GOP not just being a white nationalist front though. The GOP is a party which represents the interests of the super wealthy and just uses white nationalist politics to get working class voters to vote against their own economic interests.

wow red cat...and here i thought u werent intelligent.
great post :^)

No, it's not going to be rigged. Claims of rigging without substantial proof is just undermining our democracy. That's what Trump is trying to do. He knows he won't win, and therefore is trying to undermine the Clinton win.

Even with the corrupt government, i don't believe that this whole election is gonna be rigged.

Lol no. Donald Trump just says stuff like that when things don't go his way.

In a way it's already been rigged, considering the DNC tried the damndest to make Hillary their nominee.

Regardless Clinton>Trump

It's funny though, when all the polls showed Clinton polling higher than Trump, Trump was screaming that they're rigged and incorrect, but the moment they show him 1 point ahead of her (which is in the margin of error) then he praises the polls.

Last edited:
Back