• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you think Donald Trump has a mental illness?

Do you think Trump has a mental illness?

• Yes

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 61.6%

• Total voters

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
There are people who speculate that Donald Trump has a mental illness because of his long and incoherent rants, his paranoia about everyone including Republicans being against him for no reason, his conspiracy theories about the media being biased against him, his refusal to admit when he's wrong, and his denial of statements he clearly made in the past. Do you think he has a mental illness of some kind or do you think he is just saying what people want to hear and he knows exactly which buttons to push to get attention and support?

I'm just doing yes / no options on this thread because it's purely speculative and "I don't know" is a boring option, so just pick what your head / gut tells you.

Last edited:
No. I actually think he's very intelligent, because I think he knows everything he says is rubbish, and he's trying to prove a point about how stupid we all are to vote for a man like that. I think that's what he's thinking.

Trump's behavior in the primaries and the election is a moral issue. It's not a result of a mental illness, nor does it have to do with age.

Last edited:
Narcissism.
Full-blown NPD.

Edit:
It's not even questionable. He is the poster child for NPD and more attention needs to be brought to this because people with this disorder are very seriously mentally ill and dangerous.

Last edited:
Yes, as stated above he has a very obvious presentation of NPD.

Of course. I'm scared of his popularity, even if I'm not from the USA.

Nah. It's called authenticity. Something we haven't seen in the candidacy for quite sometime. This man is able to speak what he thinks because a good chunk of his current campaign is being backed by his own $. If it were mostly with with someone else's $, I'm sure he would be a little bit more careful before he opened his mouth.

I don't think he has a mental illness but what comes out of his mouth is absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed that my dad likes him.

Nah. It's called authenticity. Something we haven't seen in the candidacy for quite sometime. This man is able to speak what he thinks because a good chunk of his current campaign is being backed by his own $. If it were mostly with with someone else's $, I'm sure he would be a little bit more careful before he opened his mouth.

The only thing that's authentic about Trump is that he's openly racist and sexist.

Not really, and I'm honestly annoyed how every time the public doesn't like someone there has to be mental illness speculation. Mental illness doesn't automatically equal evil person.

Honestly, I think so, but I think the way he acts more has to do with the size of his ego. Clearly his ego is humongous.
I do think he is narcissistic, but most narcissists have large egos anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think he has a mental illness but what comes out of his mouth is absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed that my dad likes him.

Your parents, too? My dad isn't that big on him (but will be voting for him) but my mom likes him...

Back