• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you play in 3D or in 2D?

I always use 2d
I only use 3d when there' like an event
or something falling from the sky (rain snow petals...)

I mostly play 2D, but occasionally like to play in 3D. Especially if it is snowing :)

I play in 2D too, I feel sick when I used 3D. However the big screen of the 3DS is really great compared with the 2DS one.

I bought my 3DS XL only for Animal Crossing and I play in 2D. The reason I chose this particular console wasn't for 3D, but because I wanted the large screens and I love the pretty pink/white color. Every Nintendo console I own is pink.

I play in 2D. Urgh 3D. I only flick it on briefly if there's an aurora or snow or something and I want to see how it looks. No way could I play in 3D, it's such a gimmicky thing too.

It depends on the game. I can't play Super Mario 3D Land in 3D, after 15 minutes I start getting nauseous. I played both Professor Layton games completely in 3D with no problem except for one area with a bunch of spinning 3D pumpkins (ugh). For AC:NL I usually don't play in 3D - If I do I have the slider close to the minimum 3D setting.

What does the 3D even do in this particular game? Is it just for, like... the balloons that fly by and such, or what? I wanna turn it on and find out, but then again, headaches...

I usually have 2d on, but then i have moments when I realise I can use 3d. 5 minutes later I realise why I turned it off in the first place.

I currently own a 3DS but I always play the game in 2D since whenever the 3D is on it always hurts my eyes.

The 3D hurts my eyes and makes me feel icky. I got my 3DS XL as a gift, or I would've bought myself a 2DS.

Back