• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Death by Design: An Animal Crossing Mafia [day2]

refer to this

Chick's post isn't instilling much confidence in me rn tbh. It seems like they're trying to move along past this suss on them without providing much defense. Also, why go for a NL?? I'm not liking chick more and more.

I could care less if you sus me over sussing and voting for someone who's acting pretty scummy rn, but we have good reason to sus and so I'm gonna stick up and speak up for what I am thinking

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like the tags.
"Chick is scum"
"Chick the coaster"
But seriously. To that person who added that in, think twice, because you haven't seen everything of me.

maybe I'm paranoid but that lowkey sounds like a threat

To clear things up, I was observing the thread in the games he has been in, not played.
Also, I never wanted to lynch Tom. In brief words, I was just talking about suspicions.
I'm sorry if I'm playing as a bad townie, I'm pretty much a noob. Let's carry on the discussion and see what everybody thinks and inputs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I may as well go for a NL for the day.

Chick what games specifically did you look at?

and Evan what part of this post makes you so confident that chick is scum?

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, ok, you just pointed out your reasoning for it

Okay, getting serious Town vibes from Evan now. He just did my golden tell of being the first to vote, so yeah.

I like the tags.
"Chick is scum"
"Chick the coaster"
But seriously. To that person who added that in, think twice, because you haven't seen everything of me.

Triggered for a newbie townie? :lemon:

Anyway who tf is Evan

I'm getting town vibes for amazonevan19 and Toads for now although its too easy to say it cuz its day one.

tbh I don't have enough to make reads rn but Waffles is being so out there about his lurkiness, could be serious WIFOM :eyes: But scum waffles wouldn't have much reason to WIFOM so hard, so fast. hm

*her lurkiness
I have never played with Kallie before but I like her posts so far. not sure what to think of waffles at the moment, issa joke? anyway, there's really not enough posts right now so I hope we can pick it up soon.
Like I said earlier, it wouldn't make sense for scum waffles to be WIFOM'ing so intently right now, unless she's just dumb maf and trying to ingratiate herself in with the town by appearing to be joking around. Perhaps a lynch candidate? But I don't think it's lynchworthy tbh...something tells me it's just a joke and she's probably a bored townie.

thinking2.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

The rest are null for now

- - - Post Merge - - -

To clear things up, I was observing the thread in the games he has been in, not played.
Also, I never wanted to lynch Tom. In brief words, I was just talking about suspicions.
I'm sorry if I'm playing as a bad townie, I'm pretty much a noob. Let's carry on the discussion and see what everybody thinks and inputs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My question is...

Have you played Tom before in previous games?
What makes you say hes a dodgy player can you like elaborate it?
What do you mean weirdly behave in what sense?

Don't worry that doesn't mean I'll FoS you or anything just interrogating, I need more info in this I would be glad if you post the questions who knows it will be useful in future

Alright, I've been somewhat quiet today because my sleeping schedule is so ****ed and I keep waking up at late ass times. Also having some sleep paralysis again, yay. Forgive me if my mind is a bit foggy.

In my opinion, Tom is suspicious but not too suspicious to the point in which we could lynch him.
Looking at him playing his other Mafia games, it seems like he acts rather odd when townie, and mysterious when he's a scum.
He's a dodgy player though, so let's just wait and see what he says.
Looking at everybody else, Tom is the one that stands out to me as the scum, but we have to determine this.
Tom is always weirdly behaved.
Let's just leave it for now.

Btw, could everybody start talking?
This game is s i l e n c e

What? You feel like he's the only one who is probably scum but you don't suspect him enough to lynch him?

Can you explain the difference of him being odd and mysterious? Those...are pretty much the same thing.

Very wishy washy, though I don't have much to go off of. At least you're actually posting. But I don't know what alignment you were in the pokemon game. Your last case was full of holes in logic, but at least it wasn't as wishy washy as this. But I think you were townie in that game.

Look at the change of tone from your last uh, case.

Sorry, sorry. I'm a very busy person and recently, I've just been viewing the fair dates and etc, because I wanna enter. As I think you said before, I was Mafia in Bianca's game, but then I got very busy and I couldn't play and I had to sit a test and blah blah blah.

Now, to the actual point.
First and foremost, I'll admit that I'm townie, and if you think that I'm not, then fine. I can't magically turn your mind the other way, but I can persuade.
I believe that Kallie is the scum.
She is the one that accuses ANYONE. Reading over the chat, I see a big view over here.
I feel like she has accused me other than anybody else more in the game, just because I was away from the game. She's just playing the blame game, and finds absolutely any excuse to eliminate people. Now, take a look at all these accusing posts:

*cant quote coz the thread is locked :lemon:

Zendel plz post action list, thx.

i dont think sej is in mafia discord, i think maybe ur getting confused w seroja??

Oh. I thought those were the same people. Whoops.

I really don't think we should NL due to general quietness. But I don't think chick should be lynched either. I'd be fine with voting off an inactive to get the ball rolling, as opposed to modkilling them.

Am I exhausted? when did we even suggest NL?

Also why do you want to vote for an inactive when you have someone you suspect? What?

lol omg I thought I would have to do a lot of catching up! hey guys it was independence day yesterday and I was busyyy. sorry for being mia. anyway, right now we probs shouldn't be thinking about lynching tom yet. maybe when we have more info about people's roles (from roleclaims, death) then we can figure out the probability of there being a survivor? idk if I'm making sense.

I have never played with Kallie before but I like her posts so far.

I'm fine with letting Tom pass a day. I'm not clearing him yet though.

Also, I'm not sure what you like about my posts because I haven't said much at all really.

RQS:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this post has scum intentions behind it. Chick has only played 1 game from what I know and they didn't even play in it at all. Tom hasn't played in a really long time, and given that Chick has never even played with Tom, Chick is practically saying they know Tom's meta because he of him saying "Tom is always weirdly behaved".

This post almost feels as if someone told them to write it, because otherwise I don't think Chick would even know that Tom is a "dodgy player" or would remotely know anything about Tom's meta without someone filling him in on said meta.

I dunno, I might just be overanalyzing this too much but this doesn't sit well with me. I'm actually kinda townleaning Tom, mostly going off of previous games that I've played with him. I can't say exactly why, but its more of a gut-feeling because I remember how Tom plays.

I otherwise agree, however one defense I can think is that they read the games. Though I would be surprised if they did since Tom's last serious game was probably a year ago. lul.

Isn't that early to FoS on Tom in day one? I mean tbh theres nothing wrong with lurking unless you're like Dolby in Pokemon Su/Mo game wherein he always lurks and hes scum in game tbh its hard to point out where dolby is scum...

My question is...

Anyway guys this is my second game for 2017 I'm too busy doing school stuff I only join for you guys anyway carry on

You know, what surprises me is that you are posting something that is actually decent. Idk, you seem to have more of a prepared tone in this post compared to your usual posts where you use little grammar and make short posts.

Interesting, I'd note this for now.

Yeah but you have no other suspicions so.

You want to NL? You know that's a horrible idea right? Who the hell suggested this?

I like the tags.
"Chick is scum"
"Chick the coaster"

So threatening for tags. Who the hell cares? Focus on the game.

We've played together before, but it was a while ago so

Did you change your username?

sorry, misread countdown. Was going to fix post glitch

What does this mean???

So anyway, TL;DR

Chick is probably my go-to lynch.

Stupid "case" on Tom with barely any logic, however they are waaaaay more wishy washy on their thoughts vs last game where at least they posted something with confidence. Seriously, look at the quote.

I am also going to keep an eye on ITYW. Their posts seem like they're a different person from last game. Their posts are written better and they're posting a lot more. And they're at least..kind of asking new questions.

Not enough for me to lynch them, but to keep an eye on.

On a another note, can you guys stop arguing because you used similar terms?

Still waiting to hear from Trundle.

Hmm if I remember correctly my lengthy post is jusr copy paste Dolby/Trundle post in Pokemon Su/Mo game which is intriguing for me and took note of that cuz I dont wanna get save a file in my laptop or my files will messed up.

It's day one and I have no questions regarding toads vs Lobo profile pic and people FoS Tom which doesn't make sense to me cuz i dunno Tom's new playstyle and i wont bring up their old playstyle 2 yrs ago cuz its outdated

And if you guys are plannjng to lynch Chick I'm against it like Im against lynching Bianca last game to be honest I can't even tell if chick is safe to lynch anyway thoughts?

Finally awake so I can attempt to make sense of this.

In my opinion, Tom is suspicious but not too suspicious to the point in which we could lynch him.
Looking at him playing his other Mafia games, it seems like he acts rather odd when townie, and mysterious when he's a scum.
Looking at everybody else, Tom is the one that stands out to me as the scum, but we have to determine this.

Toad, Evan and Ness kind of "pulled up" Chick for this post, and I don't see why. I agree that it's too early to be making accusations and myself, having played quite a few games with Tom, I know this is normal from him and not "suspicious" or anything like that. I get where she's coming from in saying Tom is a "dodgy" player though, meaning he usually acts somewhat like this and is very had to determine, it is confusing. I don't think at a point this early anybody "stands out" as scum, but hey, others where speaking about lynching Tom, so it's an easy conversation starter?

I don't agree with her post but I find the way Evan jumped on her (for her word choice of "rather odd" and "mysterious") odd honestly ......could you nit-pick anymore here? I mean, FoS partially because she used redundant adjectives?

knew someone was probably going to mention that, after chick's """defense""" I became much more confident that she's scum and am not afraid to voice my opinion on it.

What exactly about her "defense" urged you to vote her after saying you think we shouldn't? Her defense seemed like a general, regular (damn, word redundancy) thing to respond with? I just don't see how that one post of a few lines can change so much?

Another thing to mention, the way he jumped on Toad after Toad claimed "piggybacking", honestly, it kind of seemed that way to me too, as it was right after and he didn't really pull her up on anything Toad didn't, other than her word choice.. whereas Ness actually added something that added substance and got people talking. You just said you try to act calm, and I see your replies to Toad as anything but that.

---​

Also about Chick, I agree that she's acting off and making "wild" accusations, her defense was also less than sub-par, but this all honestly just strikes me as newbie behavior? I mean, she said in her RQS that she won as mafia? based on this gameplay (if she is scum) I really don't see her winning as mafia. I'm going back to find and read the game she won as mafia in though, so this thought process might change after I post this.

Part of me thinks her behavior is slightly scummy, the other half of me thinks she's being a defensive noob townie, I don't know though. I need to look into it further.

I mean if you guys really want to Lynch me, by all means go for it. It would just be a wasted Lynch, especially since the few times I've been a survivor I'll always leaned more heavily to helping town (Xeno maf for example). I get that claiming right out the gate is kinda sus and probably something Scum!Tom would do but like there's no real point in keeping quiet about it. Worst case town or scum shoots me, best case I get to coast to the winners circle.
Honestly, you play the game 100% because of this. Clearly nobody is going to lynch you D1 because this is just "normal from Tom", so if you are maf, boom, you get a free night alive just because people overlook everything.

Can we have the links in the OP? So when you click someone's name it shows all their posts? It makes games with a lot of posts much easier to handle and sort out.

Wtf my phones glitching
Stupid copy and paste issue
I'll be back with you guys in a while, when I'm not on my phone.
I need to link those specifics

Anyways, could anybody inform me more on why they think I'm scummy?
Just because I suspect somebody, you guys need to realise that it doesn't mean that I am scum straight away.
(Btw I need to link some of the play style, but I have copy paste issue)
What else do you think makes me a potential scum?
Is suspecting Tom the only thing that you could say?
That's how I feel it's been taken right now.

If you wanna be arrogant and vote for me to be lynched, idc.
I'd even be glad to suicide, I promise I would. (Suicide as in vote for myself)
And when you see my name appear as Townie, you'd be forever angry.
And if Tom is Scum, then I'd be laughing. Lol.

Kallie, could you tell me about my mood change? Yes, I was townie in the Pok?mon Mafia, but I don't see your point in this one.

Toad, Evan and Ness kind of "pulled up" Chick for this post, and I don't see why. I agree that it's too early to be making accusations and myself, having played quite a few games with Tom, I know this is normal from him and not "suspicious" or anything like that. I get where she's coming from in saying Tom is a "dodgy" player though, meaning he usually acts somewhat like this and is very had to determine, it is confusing. I don't think at a point this early anybody "stands out" as scum, but hey, others where speaking about lynching Tom, so it's an easy conversation starter?

Easy conversation starter doesn't mean you're exempt from posting **** that doesn't make sense.

I don't care about the fact they suspect Tom so early, well its been 24 hours. We have to start somewhere.

My point is that they're very wishy washy and want to NO LYNCH. That's a horrible idea.

NL is pretty much a horrible choice for everyone besides scum. It does not benefit town and basically gives mafia 1-2 free kills.

I don't agree with her post but I find the way Evan jumped on her (for her word choice of "rather odd" and "mysterious") odd honestly ......could you nit-pick anymore here? I mean, FoS partially because she used redundant adjectives?

She's describing two different things, you know, scum vs not scum. Then is saying their playstyles are different but uses words that basically mean the same thing. So basically she's just throwing random words in to describe Tom to fluff up her post.

Another thing to mention, the way he jumped on Toad after Toad claimed "piggybacking", honestly, it kind of seemed that way to me too, as it was right after and he didn't really pull her up on anything Toad didn't, other than her word choice.. whereas Ness actually added something that added substance and got people talking. You just said you try to act calm, and I see your replies to Toad as anything but that.

Yeah, I saw the like happen. He's not clear to me either, if Chick flips town I would wonder about Evan. Not sure how he plays as scum though since I don't really know if he's ballsy enough to vote first, seems a bit trigger happy.

Also about Chick, I agree that she's acting off and making "wild" accusations, her defense was also less than sub-par, but this all honestly just strikes me as newbie behavior? I mean, she said in her RQS that she won as mafia? based on this gameplay (if she is scum) I really don't see her winning as mafia. I'm going back to find and read the game she won as mafia in though, so this thought process might change after I post this.

If she won as mafia that doesn't mean she actually deserved it. You can easily coast by and win by doing nothing because you're inactive in like every game so people stop lynching you and give you the benefit of the doubt (ex tom, FN, etc)

If I point to people who won as mafia with skill, I'd point to Dolby, Dad, ILoveYou (rip kayla), etc.

Part of me thinks her behavior is slightly scummy, the other half of me thinks she's being a defensive noob townie, I don't know though. I need to look into it further.

Alright, I'm looking for you to get back into this.

Honestly, you play the game 100% because of this. Clearly nobody is going to lynch you D1 because this is just "normal from Tom", so if you are maf, boom, you get a free night alive just because people overlook everything.

Yeah, that's tom, and that's half the players in this game. We could lynch some other inactive too and we would still have the same chance. That's just the state of TBT mafia now, unfortunately.

Explained.

I already explained more in depth.

Annoying behavior that you had last game. Does nothing but make people want to lynch you more.

Kallie, could you tell me about my mood change? Yes, I was townie in the Pok?mon Mafia, but I don't see your point in this one.
[/quote]

Do you need me to dumb it down or something?

Look at your post in the last game, you're very confident even though your case made no sense.

Now look at your.. uh, "Case" on Tom. He's basically the only one you suspect yet you still don't want to lynch him.

Yet you were confident I was scum last game and voted for me.

Now, why would you want to write a post on Tom and get a lynch on him for? Well, because you wouldn't want your fellow scumbuddy to die. But you also wouldn't want to be blamed in the event of Tom's lynch either.

Basically you want to start a lynch on someone but not be blamed or traced back. Scum often do this, so in the event they're wrong (and they know they will be wrong), no one will blame them. But they also don't need to put effort in writing a fake case on someone and having conviction enough to lynch someone.

They can just make up some bull**** and get the ball rolling and look like they're contributing when they're really not.

And not let get started on how you want to no lynch. Why do people still think this is a good idea? No town should ever want to no lynch unless they're playing against their wincon. Scum wants to no lynch because it's way more beneficial, because hey, 1-2 free kills! Who wouldn't like that?

You guys, we have less than 24 hours to lynch someone. There are currently only like.. 2 votes. Out of 13 players. Day 1 ends soon. Chick will be lynched either way, but this isn't a productive day whatsoever.

Everyone is complaining about how its too early to lynch someone or to suspect someone yet. Uh, hello, we are halfway through Day 1. We have to lynch someone or else we hit LyLo soon.

For the record, I'm not clearing Tom either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also where is trundle you buffoon

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I am fairly certain scum team is balanced in terms of experience. So I wouldn't be surprised if Trundle was scum in the event of this. Tom I'm not sure Kirby or Bianca know enough to gauge his experience as scum.

Alright, I'm looking for you to get back into this.

So the game Chick won as mafia in was MU mafia, with only 5 players and nothing to substantial from her, that kind of changes my comment on her winning as scum / how she was acting, there's nothing else to really go off. I'll just abandon that thought and focus on her now.

I agree though, NL is an awful idea, I've made my own mistakes in previous games of suggesting NL just because I wasn't set on someone I thought was scum, but I realised soon that it wasn't about /me/, it's about town as a whole and NL is just a bad idea, completely, a shot in the dark is a better option. It's just giving mafia free kills, as you said.

D1 is always hard for me. Just based on everything I see Evans behavior as very off, but I don't think there's enough to lynch him at all, but if Chick does flip town, then I'll definitely be pointing my finger at him big time, as it was clearly an easy target type thing. At the same time, I don't see to much condemning proof against Chick either, but she's set to be lynched and I'm not against that, just not sure where I'm going to put my vote.

It makes it especially hard since few people are outspoken so good or bad they're going to get the most attention, leaving the quiet / coasting people to slip by without hassle. I hope more people make at least one kind of substantial post before EoD, it really helps.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you really are town, acting in this aggressive manner is doing nothing for yourself or town, you're just gonna get yourself lynched. Attempting to play with emotions "you'll be forever angry, I'll be laughing, lol" comes across scummy, if you are town and want to help town, acting rationally is going to help much more. This kind of thing makes me scum-lean you more than I was.

I've been visiting relatives all day so I couldn't be here. I appreciate the activity, but please don't get too riled up. Seems like there was a bit of hostility going on between several players.

I'm just checking in right now but I will follow up with a more substantial post soon.

To answer Kallie- I liked your posts because they didn't sound like they were carefully thought out. Kind of like a town vibe kinda thingy. I don't fully agree with your case on Chick tho but I will explain why later cos I'm in the car rn.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not carefully thought out as in not calculative (in case you think I meant thoughtless).

Now finally noise omfg, anyway I agree with Kallie I'm also against with no lynch for day 1 here are the following reasons why
a.) This won't lead us anywhere- we need more infos or this will keep us hanging for N1/D2
b.) No kills? Then you're giving extra kills to the mafia team.
c.) No suspicions then N1 town blue team might have a hard time deciding who to save/kill
d.) Seriously a bad strategy, don't.

What do you mean weirdly behaved in what sense seriously guys all you did was giving wishy washy infos it doesn't make sense at all you guys need to elaborate and you still haven't answer my question yet

Just because I suspect somebody, you guys need to realise that it doesn't mean that I am scum straight away.

It's because you FoS on someone and your explanation doesn't really make sense at all, I hope it's not a "gut feeling" you really need to explain more
Heres the quote -> http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...g-Mafia-Day1&p=7566835&highlight=#post7566835

Second is this:
I like the tags.
"Chick is scum"
"Chick the coaster"

You know that they're taunting you right? and you right away said that? now people are suspecting you. To be honest I kinda suspected you as well but this really doesn't convinced me to vote you for now because I do not know your playstyle and you were damn inactive in last game.

"Dear TBT Mafia players, are you threatened by me, Chick? Are you scared because you know that I have more potential than you do?"

You seriously have to make sense pls, I concluded that Chick's post screams noobie town/scum to me. You seriously can't tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Can you update your playerlist something like this for example

Player List:
1. Apple2013
2. Fleshy

HTML:
List of people who post in thread here:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=429385

Sample playerlist
Player List:
1. [url=http://www.belltreeforums.com/search.php?searchid=8005938]Apple2013[/url]
2. [url=http://www.belltreeforums.com/search.php?searchid=8005942]Fleshy[/url]

Last edited:
I don't particularly have any time to make a full analysis but o think there is more than likely scum between Fleshy and Chick.

I don't particularly have any time to make a full analysis but o think there is more than likely scum between Fleshy and Chick.

Why do you think me?

I personally think there's one between Chick and Evan right now

Back