• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Contest CLOSED FOR ENTRIES WINNERS POSTED FRIDAY NOONISH WIN A 3 PIECE OARFISH COLLECTIBLE SET

An OARFISH based limerick for today;

A glimpse of a shadow in the sea,
The great oarfish, could it finally be?
I threw in my line,
To make that fish mine,
But it was just another sea bass for me

I know the shadows are different sizes but feel like we’ve all felt the pain of thinking we’re onto a great catch only to reel in the bass

Thank you again for this very kind giveaway :giggle:

A good morning bump -
688521C5-5C12-41AE-9278-37AAEF832E21.gif

Another Oarfish haiku 🥺💜

The beautiful Penn
Raffled an oarfish, set free
into the ocean

I am doing this for fun and just love how kind you are Penn, you do so much for the forum 💫💜💫

C146232C-2C0E-4E08-B339-7957FE4F2136.jpeg

thank you so much for doing this!! he - THE OARFISH- is kind of a spooky boy tbh

Last edited:
another oarfish haiku for day #2! thank you again for doing this, pen! 🥰

fishing in the game,
thought it was a sea bass, but
it was an oarfish

this actually happened to me on my first night with new horizons. i was fishing and reeled in what i thought was going to be a sea bass, only for a oarfish to wind up in my pockets instead. i was uh,, pretty spooked tbh LOL. 🤣

This is a cute giveaway raffle thing! I'll go with #3;

I think you should maybe possibly consider awarding the 3-piece OARFISH collectible to me because I will be very nice to it -- I'll give it lots of fruit snacks to eat and I will give it star fragment lamps for when it gets dark so the oarfish doesn't get scared. I'll name him Lil Comrade and he can be my comrade. I would never ever sell him or give him away to anyone. Also I didn't win the TBT 5-piece raffle with my lucky number amount of tickets but would be very happy with a 3-piece buddy

Thank you for your consideration and for doing this lovely raffle 🐠

i thought i had missed my last chance at getting an oarfish, thanks for doing this giveaway :3
i should have played more Go Fish! OARFISH! i'm a bit late but... OARFISH!

1631106193121.png

i spent every token i had on the raffle but did not win my beautiful 5-piece long fish creature :')
i like this photo. i'm a bit sad that it's of an oarfish that is out of the water and probably dead, but it looks so shiny and look at how BIG IT IS oh my god

Aw man, I actually went to the "Animal Crossing New Horizons" aquarium event near Yokohama where they had the head of a real OARFISH and a sign of Blathers and a human character explaining it, I should've taken a photo of it! Fun fact, oarfish in Japanese (very) roughly translates to "messenger of the undersea dragon god palace."

1631107414299.png

Look at this happy couple :lemon:

Last edited:
Here's the end of my limerick trilogy! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along came a small curious bird
singing songs OARFISH had never heard!
They hit it off pretty quick,
became friends through thin and thick.

You don't believe it? Well, it's true word for word!
END :3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If oarfish decides to join me on my adventures, we will surely become the best of friends as well 💚 Thank you for such a fun and creative giveaway, Pen!

Aw thank you so much for the opportunity to enter your very kind giveaway, loving all these haikus 💙
Here is my entry, of a kewl picture of an oarfish, wow imagine seeing one of these in person!
7da08daf91d5331c79ec591b067b1e8c--science-videos-fish-tales.jpg

heres my oarfish acrostic :3 thanks for the fun giveaway!

Oh my that fish is so long
A really shiny fish
Really shiny and long
Fish
Is mysterious
Sea serpent
Has a cute face

oarfish photo and fun infographic
1631125486916.jpeg

1631125536052.jpeg

Back