• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bets

JJH

Bells
I was just eating choclate pudding, which made me think about a bet I made with my friend once...

It was the 4th of July and I had a bunch of people over. We were kinda bored so I made a bet with my one friend that I could make better chocolate pudding than her. We all thought that was boring so my other friend suggested that we change the bet so that we had our hands behind our backs while we made the pudding. Needless to say we made a mess. But I won.

But don't ask where I got the idea for the choco pudding bet.

Does anybody else have any stupid bet stories? I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Betting, hmm... Well... I remember I bet my dad that Pokemon would still be popular... We made the bet around 6 years ago, was it? Needless to say, I won that bet. :r

It used to be banned because people were like "OK, you bet on this, and you bet on this, and I'll keep half of everything and you get 3 bells if you win." And people still did it not knowing that it was a rip off pretty much.

Oh, I guess Bulerias deleted them because they were off topic. Well he made an announcement anyway, so the discussion is no longer needed. And the answer to the question I posted above ^

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Oh, I guess Bulerias deleted them because they were off topic. Well he made an announcement anyway, so the discussion is no longer needed. And the answer to the question I posted above ^
Correct.

Bulerias said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Correct.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I don't like it when people delete threads or posts without saying anything about it... I like information.

Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Please stop discussing forum Bells, etc... this topic has nothing to do with them.
The topic we are discussing right now does.

:huh:
JJH0369 made the topic
Good to know who started the topic.

:unsure:

"The topic we are discussing right now does. :huh:" still stands.
That's called chatting... or what some people call spam.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Please stop discussing forum Bells, etc... this topic has nothing to do with them.
The topic we are discussing right now does.

:huh:
JJH0369 made the topic
Good to know who started the topic.

:unsure:

"The topic we are discussing right now does. :huh:" still stands.
That's called chatting... or what some people call spam.
I don't see how its chatting. If chatting got rules removed we wouldn't have rules.

;)

At most of the forums you'd go to, people don't like it when there is discussion about off topic things in a thread. For example, why should talking about different types of cheese be allowed in a thread about SSBB?

So maybe the bells were a little more related to betting than cheese is related to SSBB, but another thing is that the issue that was being discussed here had already been solved and there was no need to continue the off topic discussion.

Back