• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia August 2021 Mafia Game- Town Win!

I know, which is why I am not voting anyone.
Post automatically merged:

That’s just my opinion, but I kinda don’t trust myself, so I am not voting anyone.

Notes.

voltairenism - Not a lot of content surprisingly. The Tessa bit interests me due to the fact shouldn't Tessa acting different be a good thing if she has been on a mafia streak? No reads posted either for some reason despite having been online. I find this silence a bit weird.

thetessagrace - If I understand correctly the whole Armadillo dealio was more because she wanted to start discussion and didn't want to enable the no-vote route. Feels like a pretty strong move to make, in fact too strong for mafia so it reads more as towny to me.

b100ming - I'm seeing a tiny bit more independence now, which I like. However I'm not really picking up on a solid response to being one of the running votes now. Volts question went ignored in fact despite the voting situation. Most likely reading too much in to it but after Armadillo got more read as confused town I started seeing more posts about being confused from her.

Geoni - I admittedly have deathtunneled people in my spectating before for being too in control and that is something I am consciously trying to not repeat without good reason. Right now Geoni seems to be pushing town along on a path that does not bother me. I see a lot of helping the newer players try to explain themselves or form their own opinions, for now none of that has seemed overtly manipulative to me. I'm currently reading Geoni as town.

Ace Marvel - I mainly know Ace as an aggressive player from my past spectating, however he is doing low-effort this time. I will note Ace dodged the question Geoni asked regarding Tessa/Volt entirely and I also notice that this is the point where I see more of the familiar Ace aggression pop up. In fact, the Tessa/Volt bit did not even come up in his reads afterwards at all.

Armadillo Lover - I read her as confused town for now. The display of emotions so far has seemed on par with something you'd see out of a new player. Outside of the emotions I've not seen much content though and I will be keeping this in mind going forward. I don't expect an essay from a new person though.

Koopadude100 - I lean a bit in the not-trusting direction as of now. There's a whole bunch of flipflopping going on that often leans on other players. I cannot place if this is new town behaviour or new mafia behaviour in trying to play it safe by appealing to everyone. One instance that very much stuck out to me was him saying B100m was the best vote however then immediately going:

"however Ace marvel is also suspicious too, so I recommend voting them."

That's... a pretty weird flipflop to me. I understand it most likely has to do with Geoni having a big impact, but the willingness to push aside his own thoughts on the best vote just to start slightly pushing someone elses vote leaves me feeling a bit strange. ... and then in his next post Ace is okay again. I can't keep up man.

Also I noticed I was missing from his reads. Human error I suppose as I do not see what he could gain from this, unless we assume this is an attempt to frame me as maf via putting distance between us if he gets voted out and ends up being maf?? Feels a bit too advanced for a new player.

Mog - Literally null and I'm half expecting a rep to happen. The only even remote connection you could make in her case is one of her only posts using friendly language towards cabin mates in the event. I believe during the last game happening during a team event one of the mafia member used similar language. This is a non-point though, imo.

Conclusions as of now.

Geoni. Armadillo. Tessa.
Volt. Ace Marvel. b100ming. Koopa

mogyay.

Who am I willing to vote?

Koopa is bothering me the most honestly with the flipflopping.
B100m I am fine with voting. I don't feel as strongly rn though. It's better than a non-vote.

Volt+Ace I am needing extra content from before I'm fully open to voting.

I cannot find the post anymore but @Geoni asked about someone being EU I believe and I can confirm that would be me in my weird EU timezone.

I will also now go grab a bite to eat so if someone replies to my notes/reads expect a reply in 40mins.

Last edited:
omg pls don't mod kill me or kill me, i promise i'm town and i swear on my hamsters life i'll become the most active person in the world but i kind of heavily messed up the timings of this game and i'm currently at my sister's end of year art degree show (she just finished her masters)
image0.jpg
i understand completely if i need to be replaced and i'm rly sry, i always do this mb 🥺 i promise to do better, i should have prefaced by saying i had a busy few days but also i can't lie, i haven't read up on much and i'm not even home yet, pls forgive

oh crap i just realised i have to vote someone tho and that's the whole point in this game so i'm gonna have to like rush read and probably make a terrible decision so that's fun

omg pls don't mod kill me or kill me, i promise i'm town and i swear on my hamsters life i'll become the most active person in the world but i kind of heavily messed up the timings of this game and i'm currently at my sister's end of year art degree show (she just finished her masters)
image0.jpg
i understand completely if i need to be replaced and i'm rly sry, i always do this mb 🥺 i promise to do better, i should have prefaced by saying i had a busy few days but also i can't lie, i haven't read up on much and i'm not even home yet, pls forgive

oh crap i just realised i have to vote someone tho and that's the whole point in this game so i'm gonna have to like rush read and probably make a terrible decision so that's fun
right now mainly b100mning volt and koopa are the people that are being voted right now so I would focus on them. 👍

Would no-vote still be the wisest after all?
Considering if we have a miss and someone gets done in by Mafia we lose two people which is two potential people with the detective role.
Yeah I think we should do no elimination

Right now no elimination seems smartest decision

actual hate stuff like this coz the game wasn't even that long started and we still had 24 hours so why even bring this up as a suggestion at this point? bring it up at this stage by all means but just seems odd to suggest it and seems odd to agree

can someone explain why bl00ming is suspicious coz i don't get it

I don’t really know everything I was asleep when a lot of stuff went down. I think it’s because b100mning was trying to help me and some other stuff, sorry I need to read up also.

ok i should probably read the whole thing before posting sry sheep villager, altho i still think its weird u said it to begin with. armidillo the whole point of mafia is taking a risk, ur prob never gonna be 100% sure or 100% trust urself esp if ur town, but its kinda the only way to win lol

i dont like voting new ppl :( coz it feels mean and its hard to even read them at all, like im more suspicious of anyone having a hard maf leaning on them :( if its someones first game its just so confusing and ur prob not gonna be totally authentic either way. i know thats illogical as an opinion and im not saying i wont but i just dont like it lol , esp right at the beginning when theyre just getting a feel

@Geoni the reason I said I was voting for you was because @Armadillo lover said something about being worried that the currently inactive people were mafia and hadn’t checked yet, and you were not on at all at that time, so I voted you. Probably a time zone thing though. And then they said the inactive ones were gonna be kicked off anyway if they didn’t come on. So I was gonna change it, but I couldn’t decide if I should vote for someone or not. Then Koopa’s suggestion that if armadillo was mafia then I was to, or it was an either or thing. At the start I was sus of ace for saying we should vote someone off every time, which seemed like a way mafia could turn town against each other and win. Then my internal processor - I mean, uh, brain - was overloaded so I had to fix that. I’m really confused on who to vote now and I’d kinda feel bad about voting someone off cuz I’m worried they’ll take it personally.
[/QUOTE]

i rllllly dont think anyone new who is maf would have the balls to vote geoni, ive played so many games and i still havent developed the balls to even think of him for vote day one lmao. makes more sense she is town and voting for being inactive seems logical. idk this post just screams authentic to me (unless im dumb) - again i cant imagine a maf player just deciding to say its sus to vote someone everyday lmao, unless ur doing the biggest bluff ever but thats too impressive for someone new idk

i messed up that quote sory

Last edited:
about an hour and 45 min left to vote. there is a current tie between b100ming and no elimination at 2 votes each

With armadillo I’m not sure if I trust my instincts because we’re friends and part of me thinks she is innocent, and the other part says I should be cautious around her even if she isn’t mafia. I’m not entirely sure if she’s mafia, but I’m not sure if my instincts are actually that she’s innocent or if I’m just trusting of her because she is my friend.

ok i should probably read the whole thing before posting sry sheep villager, altho i still think its weird u said it to begin with. armidillo the whole point of mafia is taking a risk, ur prob never gonna be 100% sure or 100% trust urself esp if ur town, but its kinda the only way to win lol

i dont like voting new ppl :( coz it feels mean and its hard to even read them at all, like im more suspicious of anyone having a hard maf leaning on them :( if its someones first game its just so confusing and ur prob not gonna be totally authentic either way. i know thats illogical as an opinion and im not saying i wont but i just dont like it lol , esp right at the beginning when theyre just getting a feel

@Geoni the reason I said I was voting for you was because @Armadillo lover said something about being worried that the currently inactive people were mafia and hadn’t checked yet, and you were not on at all at that time, so I voted you. Probably a time zone thing though. And then they said the inactive ones were gonna be kicked off anyway if they didn’t come on. So I was gonna change it, but I couldn’t decide if I should vote for someone or not. Then Koopa’s suggestion that if armadillo was mafia then I was to, or it was an either or thing. At the start I was sus of ace for saying we should vote someone off every time, which seemed like a way mafia could turn town against each other and win. Then my internal processor - I mean, uh, brain - was overloaded so I had to fix that. I’m really confused on who to vote now and I’d kinda feel bad about voting someone off cuz I’m worried they’ll take it personally.

i rllllly dont think anyone new who is maf would have the balls to vote geoni, ive played so many games and i still havent developed the balls to even think of him for vote day one lmao. makes more sense she is town and voting for being inactive seems logical. idk this post just screams authentic to me (unless im dumb) - again i cant imagine a maf player just deciding to say its sus to vote someone everyday lmao, unless ur doing the biggest bluff ever but thats too impressive for someone new idk

i messed up that quote sory
[/QUOTE]

The pool of players is not big enough to not vote new players and still win, I also think that your logic of new players is flawed because mafia is 2 players, and there is always the possibility that a new player is being coached by someone with more experience.

yes i know thats why i said its illogical lol (and that id still vote them), however its also really smart of mafia to just pick off vulnerable players since the game is made up of them

easy win since they can be more easily swayed so just think we should be guarded about it is all : )

yes i know thats why i said its illogical lol (and that id still vote them), however its also really smart of mafia to just pick off vulnerable players since the game is made up of them

easy win since they can be more easily swayed so just think we should be guarded about it is all : )

That I agree with.

Fine I give up. I was only following @Geoni because he seemed like the town detective and wanted to know all the sides before voting and seemed to know more than everyone else. I honestly don't know who to vote that's why I was flip flopping. So this time I made up my mind, I'm voting b100ming

I'm placing my vote on B100ming for now. I'm still in favour of voting over not voting and she has the leading player vote.
Do not consider my vote final, however.

Fine I give up. I was only following @Geoni because he seemed like the town detective and wanted to know all the sides before voting and seemed to know more than everyone else. I honestly don't know who to vote that's why I was flip flopping. So this time I made up my mind, I'm voting b100ming

Why would Geoni be town detective? that is an ability that works at night, detective normally are not so solve during the first days because if read too town they will get killed.

Why does nobody want to talk about the Volt vs Tessa situation?

Why does nobody want to talk about the Volt vs Tessa situation?

I've been hoping Volt would crop up. I touched on it in my notes but I did find it weird to assume Tessa being weird = Maf when Tessa has been playing Maf a lot in the past games so anything unusual should be more towny by logic.

Back