• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Are Villager Pictures Still Rare?

baconhwang

Bells
Hi all,

I've been out of villager pic collecting for a while now, and ever since the Amiibo card series have come out I'm not really sure whether villager pics are easy or difficult to acquire. Also, where would I be able to find villager pics nowadays here in the forums? If anyone could help me out and answer this question, it would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I don't know too much, but I do know that villager pics are attainable on April Fool's day (for villagers in-town). I also know that people will sell them in the forums under the Retail section (ex. HERE (lykaios' shop) or HERE (gagtxt's shop) ).

- Sometimes people may give pics away when storage gets full or make a post saying they're selling.

Good luck!

Last edited:
There's a few shops in Re-Tail which sell villager pics (i'll link a few in a sec) otherwise you can post a [buying] thread in re-tail for the specific ones you're looking for!! I've been threads where people are looking to buy pics and they usually end up finding it!

threads with pics: (boop) (boop) (boop)
and looks like tinycomet already linked another one i was gonna include :)

Last edited:
Hi!

I don't know too much, but I do know that villager pics are attainable on April Fool's day (for villagers in-town). I also know that people will sell them in the forums under the Retail section (ex. HERE (lykaios' shop) or HERE (gagtxt's shop) ).

- Sometimes people may give pics away when storage gets full or make a post saying they're selling.

Good luck!

Thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a few shops in Re-Tail which sell villager pics (i'll link a few in a sec) otherwise you can post a [buying] thread in re-tail for the specific ones you're looking for!! I've been threads where people are looking to buy pics and they usually end up finding it!

threads with pics: (boop) (boop) (boop)
and looks like tinycomet already linked another one i was gonna include :)

Thank you!

I can't speak authoritatively on the matter, but if you'd like some anecdotal evidence to consider, I nearly drowned in all of the pictures my villagers were throwing at me in my main town. All of my residents have been in the town for a considerable amount of time and all but one have had the maximum level of friendship for months or years at this point. For whatever it's worth, I heavily utilize feng shui in my mayor's home so I might have just been benefiting from luck granted from that. They'll offer their pictures for completing their errands or as gifts in letters after either you visit their house or they visit yours if you're lucky and you share the maximum level of friendship with them.

Last edited:
I guess somewhat. But you could just be like me, and cheat on April Fool's Day ;)

without april fools, it can get somewhat hard to obtain i guess
only rooney, apollo and marshal gave me their pics on their own because we were besties<3

Were they even rare at a point ?

in Wild World they were very rare to get.

My experience with villager pictures was, it was very hard to get the first one. For some reason it took me a long time of giving the biggest fish, bugs, and perfect fruit to get the first picture. However, after they give the first one it seems the rate they give them is greatly enhanced. It's like after that first one they just keep giving them away lol. Now i'm like here take this ugly mold shirt and they're like omg thank you so much goddess here take this picture.

But as others say, you can just cheat on april fools and get them all but it feels better when you get that first one after a long time of giving away all your perfect fruit and huge fish and bugs.

Back