• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anime recommendations?

axaniao

Let the experiment commence!!
Bells
Switch
8356-0736-5695
Island
Alternia
My Melody Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Blue Balloon
Red Heart Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
So ive been watching a lot of anime, can someone recommend some series based on the ones I've watched so far?

Your Lie In April
A Silent Voice
Your Name

I loved these three so much so does anyone know some similar series/movies?

• Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
  • Angel Beats
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Toradora
  • Byousoku 5 Centimeter
these are just some that i can think of from the top of my head based on the ones you've listed above. most if not all are tear-jerker masterpieces/classics. hope you haven't seen them yet lol.

• Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
  • Angel Beats
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Toradora
  • Byousoku 5 Centimeter
these are just some that i can think of from the top of my head based on the ones you've listed above. most if not all are tear-jerker masterpieces/classics. hope you haven't seen them yet lol.
Hm, looked them all up and might try out Toradora! I hope it's on the website I use lol

Anohana: The flower we saw that day.

My little monster.

And maybe Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi).
This one is almost more of a horror though, don't know why, but it popped up in my mind when I saw the ones you've watched, figured I'd mention it anyways.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and if you haven't already you gotta watch Ponyo from studio ghibli, it's amazing!

Last edited:
Toradora is exactly set up like Your Lie in April, at least characterwise. You'll love it, the characters are amazing.

Also things you might enjoy as well:

Carole and Tuesday
When Marnie Was There
Ocean Waves

I've watched all three of those, they were amazing! Here's a list of some good ones I watched and recommend:

Toradora
Angel Beats
5 centimeters per second
Anohana
Clannad
Free!
Anything and everything Studio Ghibli

There's so many, but I'll start with these!

Last edited:
If you liked your name you'll like weathering with you since they're made by the same people

Highly recommend

But also my favourite one is Zero no Tsukaima, I've watchdd the entire thing 5 times now LOL

Charlotte
Death Parade (maybe)
Golden Time
Hanasaku Iroha
Higashi no Eden
Kokkoro Connect

Just to name a few, you can look up the synopsis and decide whether they're worth a watch or not!

In terms of romance anime I'd say to check out Mahoutsukai no Yome and Violet Evergarden as they are both tearjerkers. On the other hand, if you want a lighter romcom type anime then try Kaguya-Sama: Love is War.

If you wanna watch a series, maybe Blue Spring Ride? In terms of movies, I think you'd enjoy I Want to Eat Your Pancreas. The name is strange, but thematically it's quite similar to some of the other things you've watched.

Clannad and Clannad After Story for sure! It's a story about growing up and finding your purpose in life and family struggles/forgiveness and emotional growth.

I bawled like a baby.

Definitely recommend Anohana & Toradora as mentioned above.
Also a few more based on the three you've seen:
Ore Monogatari
Plastic Memories
Kokoro Connect
Nagi no Asu kara

Sorry they're all series rather than movies. The thing is that Your Name & A Silent voice are my favorite anime movies as well so I can't think of many that can top them (especially with similar genre hahaha)

Back