• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing Switch leaks

Anyone that believed the rumor that the Grinch of all people would be in smash is silly...he’s not a video game character (and games based off movies don’t count)

I don’t know for sure if there will be a direct this month, but we’ll have to wait and see...at this point in the month, it seems grim...

Anyone that believed the rumor that the Grinch of all people would be in smash is silly...he’s not a video game character (and games based off movies don’t count)

I don’t know for sure if there will be a direct this month, but we’ll have to wait and see...at this point in the month, it seems grim...

Dude, the grinch leak wasn't saying the grinch was in smash at all. It was named that because the leak had some materials from the Grinch movie included in it, but it was saying that Shadow, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo/Kazooie, Mach Rider, and maybe one or two others I can't remember atm were in.

I do agree that a direct this month is becoming more unlikely, but who knows...we'll see

Dude, the grinch leak wasn't saying the grinch was in smash at all. It was named that because the leak had some materials from the Grinch movie included in it, but it was saying that Shadow, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo/Kazooie, Mach Rider, and maybe one or two others I can't remember atm were in.

I do agree that a direct this month is becoming more unlikely, but who knows...we'll see

Oops, I just remember reading about it... it didn’t mention those others...

This seems believable and I would not be mad if they went through with this.

This is much better. The Back to Basics version of Animal Crossing Switch sounded unbelievably garbage.

Last edited:
Yea, no, I highly doubt this. As has been stated before, these are vague and easy predictions to make with an appealing release date to get people talking. Although the features outlined sound nice, this leak has no credibility nor anything substantial.

Also, I highly doubt this game comes out any time in Q1 or we would have heard something at this point. If there's no direct by next week, it's probably mid-late Q2 at the very earliest.

i want to believe, but I highly doubt it.

I doubt Nintendo would use “Home” in their title considering we have “Happy Home Designer”, it may confuse people. The information on this seems too vague, there’s nothing special to note and considering in the September direct Nook says, “a nice new place to come home to” seems as though someone is just doing guess work based on a tiny announcement trailer. I’m just waiting for something legitimate rather than get my hopes up. These are all just rumours, and even the direct which was supposed to be on the 10th was fake... idk it just seems unlikely Nintendo would use the word “Home” twice in the same franchise.

I hope all topics about leaks would be posted to this topic and not make new every few days.

Welcome home sounds like a cute name and a calendar would be wonderful but I'm trying not to get too excited. Generally Animal crossing games haven't really gotten as much information about them before they're released like pokemon or smash, but if March is the release date I'm expecting at least a direct mainly focusing on it for this leak to be true. We're still waiting around for a January direct announcement.... until we hear more about it I can't expect it will be released in two months.

Back