• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

ACNH unpopular opinions?

This game should've had more content in it to keep it going. I say this because Pocket Camp got an update that has more in it and it just rubs me the wrong way how that game is still being supported a lot more than ACNH itself.

Last edited:
This game should've had more content in it to keep it going. I say this because Pocket Camp got an update that has more in it and it just rubs me the wrong way how that game is still being supported a lot more than ACNH itself.
I'm genuinely quite upset with this myself...

Honestly, I am feeling a bit let down. I don't even want to look at my island right now. 😓

I don't care for any of the octopus villagers or Julian, or Shino.
I have zero desire for mini games,multi player or otherwise.
I don't like islands that are all built up like cities. They are pretty but way too busy.
I did not care if they brought Brewster or gyroids back.

I don't mind digging up lots of flowers, I find it rewarding to tend to my garden, to prevent flower problems in the first place it's better if you dig up baby flowers that started to grow right away also you can put invisible custom designs as flower boarders to prevent them from spreading, nonetheless it's not a chore for me to dig up spread flowers.

i don't really like "the path," i miss the old way of doing paths with the whole square tile. i like transparency with certain things like maybe a design with clovers on the floor, but i still prefer traditional paths. i feel bored when i look for paths and find 80000 variations of "the path" but hardly any brick paths with corners and the like.

I was really happy about the gyroids. But I wish they were bigger and look more like the original animal crossing ones. ( ..but still happy to have them)
I don’t fish much, I don’t ever talk to what’s his name, I don’t care for it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

i don’t think this has been mentioned here before, i hate how tall and grown up our characters look.

also i hate how most of the old characters are left unused and we don’t see them unless we invite them to the roost. nintendo could’ve used all of them but instead introduced unnecessary new characters like cj and flick. nintendo could’ve brought some of them back in the 2.0 update but they were like “we gave you cooking and new furniture. we are not going to have any more major updates so never ask for anything else again.”

Last edited:
I know a lot of people like to catalogue every single item and clothing colour but I can never understand why! Just thinking about going through with that fills me with stress... Besides unorderable things, I like to just catalogue and put things I like and might one day use in my storage.

I mean yeah we finally got a good chunk of base content from the old games, but it took almost 2 years. So in 2020 when the majority of us bought it, we paid full price for an unfinished game. It totally felt like early access when it was being touted as the full product.

Cooking is so pointless in this game. What is the point of giving villagers food items if they are not going to eat them?
AGREED!!! it's so annoying because i will hand out food to a villager and the next day it'll be on their table in their home. like wtf?? i didn't give it to you so you could let it go stale on your wooden-block table, teddy. i gave it to you so you could eat it and have a good midnight snack. these villagers are being so unappreciative >:(

Knowing that the game will never receive another update has really killed my motivation to play. I feel like there is nothing to look forward to. I wouldn't even mind if the updates were just some new catalog items every few months.

Am I the only one who thinks Blathers doesn't live up to his name? I don't really think he talks so much, he just talks about the things you give him because he is a museum curator, he is just trying to educate you.
Other NPCs talk WAAAY too much compared to Blathers whom, is actually supposed to be a chatterbox... looking at you Isabelle, Orville, Wisp... :cautious:

Am I the only one who thinks Blathers doesn't live up to his name? I don't really think he talks so much, he just talks about the things you give him because he is a museum curator, he is just trying to educate you.
Other NPCs talk WAAAY too much compared to Blathers whom, is actually supposed to be a chatterbox... looking at you Isabelle, Orville, Wisp... :cautious:
Well, yeah. I actually used to dislike Blathers. He’d piss me off with all of the rambling, but I actually think he’s educational now. I also sort of like him now because he’s a night owl which I can relate to. I thought it was amazing seeing him sleep during the day and for him to be awake when I visit the museum at 3:00 AM.

Orville, though… He’s just annoying.

I'm amazed by the people trying to compare NH to PC. You realize that people basically continually pay PC, in subscriptions, in micro transactions, every single day, and these add up to probably hundreds of thousands a DAY? NH, you buy it once and that's it.

They aren't going to support a game that isn't making them money anymore for this long.

BUT PAID DLC!! doesn't work here, it still doesn't make them as much money. They're working on Splatoon 3, it's well known the teams intersect A LOT from the console NH team to the S3 team.

PC is its own thing entirely and has no part in any of the development of console games, and have more free time.

Besides that, basically ALL f2p mobile games with transactions are supported for years because, again, you make continuous money every single day, and it's not at a fixed rate.

Anyway, just came to sigh again about how I think lazy is the worst personality redo in NH, and not because of the bugs necessarily but because of how child coded these characters have become. Yuck.

quinn the sisterly eagle is absolutely gorgeous and i wish she got more love, sad to see how little attention she got compared to the other new villagers :(

The gameplay of New Horizons just isn't fun.
It seems to me that the devs made sure to make every task take as long as possible to pad playtime. Why is there no slider when you're buying or crafting so you can choose how many you want to buy/make?
I need more interactive items, I feel like we should be able to ride the merry go round and tea cup rides, we should be able to use the lawn mower to get rid of weeds, we need mini games to play with other players.
And don't even get me started on the lackluster holiday events. I'm honestly pretty disappointed in the overall feel of NH's gameplay.

If New Leaf had the villager moving system, the house relocation, and island hopping feature along with the graphics of Horizons I'd play it constantly. So much so I probably wouldn't pick up Horizons again.

It seems to me that the devs made sure to make every task take as long as possible to pad playtime. Why is there no slider when you're buying or crafting so you can choose how many you want to buy/make?
This isn’t an unpopular opinion (the complete opposite in fact) but my unpopular opinion is that it’s honestly kind of stupid.

There’s no bulk crafting because there’s a) there’s a Nook Mile achievement for however much you craft that would be ruined by going “lol make everything”, b) Animal Crossing is not a game where you go “lol, I’m going to do everything in a day and proceed to never play it again”, rather it’s a game that incentivises playing for a very long time, putting a bulk crafting feature in makes things way, way too easy.

(it would be handy for bait, but again, Nook Miles achievement for that too, and who actually uses it aside from trying to get rare fish? It’s not something you NEED massive amounts of most of the time)

I need more interactive items, I feel like we should be able to ride the merry go round and tea cup rides, we should be able to use the lawn mower to get rid of weeds, we need mini games to play with other players.
And don't even get me started on the lackluster holiday events. I'm honestly pretty disappointed in the overall feel of NH's gameplay.
Yeah. It makes me wonder how the next game in the series will be handled. Will they go back to a community feel or treat the game as Minecraft, with a huge emphasis on crafting and design? Obviously design is a nice aspect but not when it’s shoved in your face. In the predecessors, design was just secondary to the main point of the game. Now, it just seems like that’s all there is to do. I really hope the next Animal Crossing game is handled a lot differently. Things just seem to be going in the wrong direction, if I’m being honest.

Back