• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gaming Week starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Gaming Week
February 16, 2020 - March 1, 2020

**March 4th update: This event has now ended. You can find the closing post and winners here.**

gamingWeekBanner1.png

Welcome to our first Gaming Week! Since starting our Bell Tree Week series two years ago, we've cycled through all of the originally announced week types except for one. The wait is now over and it's finally here! Gaming Week is dedicated to playing all sorts of video games other than Animal Crossing. With the new Animal Crossing game coming out soon, it's the perfect time to play them before your gaming time is all used up. Gaming Week will actually take place over the next two weeks and feature events for these Nintendo Switch games:

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
We are also bringing back the TBT Arcade for the very last time! Originally opened during TBT Fair 2017, the Arcade features several early 2000s Flash games that you may remember from back in the day. With Adobe ending updates for Flash this year and our move to XenForo next month, this will be your last chance to play in the Arcade. In addition to all of these Switch and Flash games, we will also be holding Discord Gaming Trivia next weekend. As always with our TBT Weeks, there will also be a small bell bonus when posting in our four gaming boards. Now let's take a look at our events and prizes!

Events

There are five different event types and a total of eight events:

Tournaments
Sign up ahead of time and schedule matches with your opponents when the tournaments start. These tournaments use a round-robin bracket and the person with the most points at the end of the event will be the winner.

Free-for-all Game Nights
Show up to play online during the scheduled times.

Leaderboards
Play by yourself and try to get the highest score or the best time!

Arcade Games
Try your best at these early 2000s Flash games! Can you get the highest score?

Trivia
Join our Discord at the scheduled time and put your gaming knowledge to the test.

Rewards

By participating in these events, you can earn tickets to spend in the TortimerStop shop. While it's possible to win a maximum of 18 tickets, this will be nearly impossible for most people. Try your best and see how many you can get! Each line listed below explains how you can earn 1 ticket. In the spirit of Gaming Week, they are also rated for difficulty: easy, medium, and hard.

1. Smash Tournament: at least 3 matches played (E)
  2. Smash Tournament: at least 6 matches played (M)
  3. Smash Tournament: at least 9 matches played (H)
  4. Pokémon Tournament: at least 3 matches played (E)
  5. Pokémon Tournament: at least 6 matches played (M)
  6. Pokémon Tournament: at least 9 matches played (H)
  7. Splatoon Salmon Run: participated (E)
  8. Mario Kart Time Trial: participated (E)
  9. All game nights combined: played in at least 1 game (E)
  10. All game nights combined: played in at least 6 games (M)
  11. All game nights combined: played in at least 12 games (M)
  12. All game nights combined: played in at least 24 games (H)
  13. Discord Trivia: participated (M)
  14. Discord Trivia: first to answer correctly at least 1 time (H)
  15. Arcade: played at least 1 game (E)
  16. Arcade: played at least 3 different games (E)
  17. Arcade: played at least 6 different games (E)
  18. Arcade: played at least 9 different games (M)
If you're one of the few gamers who has what it takes to get all 18 tickets, you'll receive a bonus 5 Final Boss Feather raffle tickets for free!

While tickets reward participation in the events, you can also earn bells based on how high you place compared to the other participants.

Smash / Pokémon Tournaments (must play at least 3 matches to qualify)
1st: 600 Bells​
2nd: 300 Bells​
3rd: 100 Bells​

Trivia and Splatoon / Mario Kart Leaderboards
1st: 300 Bells​
2nd: 150 Bells​
3rd: 50 Bells​

Each Arcade Game
1st: 120 Bells​
2nd: 60 Bells​
3rd: 20 Bells​

Game Night Bonus
At least 6 separate sessions attended: 100 Bells​

Prizes

You can spend your tickets in the TortimerStop shop. Nine different video games are represented by a collectible for sale. Two different raffle tickets are also for sale.

• From the Kirby seires: Kirby Easter Egg - 4 Tickets
  • From the Yoshi seires: Yoshi Easter Egg - 4 Tickets
  • From Pikmin: Red Pikmin Easter Egg - 4 Tickets
  • From Sonic the Hedgehog: Chao Easter Egg - 4 Tickets
  • From Super Mario Bros.: Goomba - 5 Tickets
  • From Space Invaders: Invader - 5 Tickets
  • From Pacman: Pinky - 5 Tickets
  • From Pokémon: Moon Ball - 6 Tickets
  • From Animal Crossing: Toy Hammer - 6 Tickets
  • Pokéball Raffle Ticket - 10 Bells
  • Final Boss Feather Raffle Ticket - 1 Ticket

Schedule

Please check the event threads linked above for their individual schedules!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Coming for you chao egg!!

Excited to play splat 2 with everyone :]

Bruhhh those prizes!!! :eek:

Also super cool to see a pre-release of the arcade collectibles!!

First TBT event since I joined that I won't be fully participating in due to not having most of the games/switch online services, but I'm glad there's a way to get enough tickets for one collectible at least! :D

Last edited:
please consider switch games are $80 cad

ok actual serious comment is there a way to disable the PMs

Last edited:
6 tix max without a switch is honestly like double what I expected to be able to get, so

tbh, rn I'm more interested in the fact that the pokeball raffle is technically unlimited entries possible. will be interesting to see how many of those sell by the end

so when do you start earning tickets for playing the arcade games?

Oh nice, hopefully I have enough time to play the arcade and participate in Discord Trivia so I can nab myself a Pinky.

Last edited:
I'm probably only interested in the Mario Kart thing. As I've been honing my skills after not playing it for awhile.

Oh well, i'm sure it'll be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back