• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your First Videogame

My first video game was technically some spongebob TV game I got back in like, 2003.
My actual first game was some Tamagachi on the DS Lite haha

My first video game was Wolfenstein 3D around 2000 when I played it lol

It was pretty generic, but Super Mario Bros.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My first video game was technically some spongebob TV game I got back in like, 2003.
My actual first game was some Tamagachi on the DS Lite haha

Well damn son, I remember getting one of those Spongebob TV games from someone I was friends with waaaaaay back. Good times.

The first game I ever played was either Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country, or Pilotwings for the SNES... I don't remember which, I was really little at the time.

I've always said its pokemon red, but it might have also been sonic 1 on sonic megadrive or banjo kazooie

Im quite sure that its pokemon red though.

Not counting computer games, it was Frogger the Great Quest for the PS2 (I started video games late). I still go back and play that game sometimes for fun, hahaha.

First System i bought was Gameboy ,game was Tetris came with the gameboy. if were talking first 1 i played maybe pacman or
Pong

Ocarina of Time when I was 6 on the N64. My dad use to be a crazy gamer and bought it the day it was released.
He played all the super old Zeldas on the NES/SNES so he had to get it.

I remember asking him until he beat the game if I could play. I just sat and watched him. I was so entranced.
FINALLY after a week, he beat Ganon and let me play. It was then that my life really began.
I then went onto Mario 64, Kirby's Crystal Shards, Star Fox and Goldeneye.
After completing everything on the 64, I began playing the NES/SNES that was my dad's until the GCN came out.
The GCN was the first console I ever owned. It is still my favorite console to this day. I remember playing Melee and Metroid Prime all day, everyday.

My father doesn't play anymore and he despises video games. Oh the irony.

Now, I walk, breathe and live video games.

Last edited:
My first game ever was Super Mario Brothers (the re-released version for GBA). I was little and I had gotten it for Christmas. I remember not being able to get past the third level area, but whatever. My Mom put a curfew on my GBA so that she could play Super Mario Brothers herself haha.

Gauntlet Legends for the Playstation.

My brother and I were at a video game/DVD rental store and we saw this game and that it was multiplayer. So my brother rented it and forced me to play with him. It was the first video game I played. Most of the time I'd just watch him play games and that one game converted me to the dark side and now all I do is play video games ;_;

On Christmas of 2006 (I was 10) I received my first very gaming device (Nintendo DS Lite) and several games both GBA and DS as GBA wasn't dead yet at the time. I got maybe about 4 GBA games and 4 DS games (something like that). Anyways, of those I consider Pokemon Emerald to be my first, because it's the only one I actually remember getting that Christmas and, it's the one I decided right away would be the very first game that I wanted to play the most. :)

I could care less for the actual DS games even though they were all the rage at the time haha. Just give me GBA and Pokemon and I was happy lol.

I think my first gaming system was the Playstation 2. I have no idea what my actual first game was, though. The first game I remember having was Pokemon Diamond, though I know it wasn't my fist because I got my DS when I was like 8, and I already had my Gameboy by then.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which game it was, but my first system was a snes with super mario world, super mario all-stars, donkey kong country and another that I can't remember. though even if it was all-stars I wouldn't know which smb game it was haha. either way, I loved playing all my snes games and the ones my neighbor had. she had a lot more than me and her babysitter was really into games too which was cool when we got stuck

Back