• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

🌇🔋Pre-2010: The Libraries of Older Consoles🪫💚

MiniPocketWorld

Just be.🎈
Bells
Playful Scenery
Bee Plush
Bee Plush
Bee Plush
Playful Scenery
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
When gb/gbc/gba games were a thing, I was a little kid and there were lots of games I never got to play. The internet wasn't a thing or wasn't like it is today on sharing awareness of games and being a kid with having relatives who didn't really like buying games for me, limited me on what I have played. So this list is a list of games I really love or games I have great interest in playing and seem to still be recommended by other people.
This isn't a list of the best games on these systems. There are other recommended games that I just didn't have personal interest in checking out. Some of my favorite games were on the GBA. I wanted to make this list to help share some of the good games in the library of these consoles.

I feel like alot of people don't particularly realize how many great games are on these systems because they are old and probably forgotten or was never experienced.
Have you played any of these on my list? What were your thoughts on them? Overrated/underrated? Do you have other recommendations or even games you have interest in playing but haven't that are pre 2010?
I would like to encourage others to youtube game footage of some of these games sometime if you haven't heard of them or played them. Feel free to come back anytime and post if x game looks like something you would try out!
-------------------------------------------
Game and Watch Gallery-- gb
Super Mario Land-- gb
Super Mario Land 2 6 golden coins- gb
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3-- gb
Wario Land 2-- gb
R-Type II-- gb
Monster Max-- gb
Trip World-- gb
Burger Time Deluxe-- gb
Castle Quest--gb
Donkey Kong Country-- gbc
Game and Watch Gallery 3-- gbc
Game and Watch Gallery 2-- gbc
Dr. Mario DX-- gbc
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe-- gbc
Wario Land 3-- gbc
Legend of Zelda The Links Awakening DX-- gbc
Legend of Zelda The Oracle of Seasons/Ages-- gbc
Shantae-- gbc
Wizball-- gbc
Toki Tori-- gbc
Hamtaro Hams-Hams Unite--gbc
102 Dalmations Puppies to the Rescue-- gbc
Metriod 2 Return of Samus-- gbc
Bomberman Quest-- gbc
Rayman-- gbc
Pocket Bomber-- gbc
Metal Walker-- gbc
Pokemon Crystal-- gbc
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2-- gbc
Dragon Warrior Monsters-- gbc
Dragon Warrior Monsters-- gbc
Survival Kids-- gbc
Legend of the River King-- gbc
Azure Dreams-- gbc
Crystalis-- gbc

Fun Fact:
You can play Gameboy games with Color in a Gameboy Color or a Gameboy Advance.
Here's How to get color palates:
-When the Gameboy Logo appears enter one of these:
Brown: Up
Blue: Left
Pastel: Down
Green: Right
Red: Up+A
Dark Blue: Left+A
Orange: Down+A
Dark Green: Right+A
Dark Brown: Up+B
Gray: Left+B
Yellow: Down+B
Reverse: Right+B
-----------------------------------------
Donkey Kong Country
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Super Mario bros 3
Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3
Game and Watch Gallery 4
Super mario world super mario advance 2
Wario Land 4
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Four Swords
Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap
Spyro Attack of the Rhynocs
Spyro Season of Ice
Spyro 2 Season of Flame
Frogger's Adventures 2 The Lost Wand
Frogger's Adventures Temple of the Frog
Frogger's Adventures The forgotten Relic
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Klonoa 2 Dream Champ Tournament
Drill Dozer
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Games
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Metriod Fusion
Metriod Zero Mission
Dragonball Advanced Adventure
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Leaf Green
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town
Mother3
Golden Sun the Lost Age
Golden Sun
Sword of Mana
I decided to go ahead and share these others that I want to check out sometime.
Ms Pacman Maze Maddness-- N64, Loved this as a kid and I want to play it as an adult and finish the whole thing.
Adventures of Lolo-- NES
Solomon's Key-- NES, Reminds me of Chip's Challenge so I wanna play.
Paper Mario-- N64
Wario Woods-- SNES, Played on NOS and I really liked it.
Virtual Boy Wario Land-- Virtual Boy
Doctor Mario-- NES, Played on NOS and I loved it.
Super Mario Bros 2-- NES
Super Mario-- N64

Last edited:
Yeah, I play older games all the time! I was a kid in the 90s so I've got a lot of nostalgia for the GB/GBC and PSX especially, though I enjoy games from earlier/newer consoles as well!

For the GBA, I'd totally recommend the WarioWare games and Kuru Kuru Kururin! I feel like these older handhelds really lend themselves well to more arcade/fast-paced/puzzle games, to be honest.

Random question, would certain Nintendo DS games count as pre-2010 games for you? I wasn't around during the GB/GBC/GBA generations and the oldest console that holds nostalgic value for me is the Nintendo DS, which was released around the mid-2000s.

So of the old games on those lists the only ones I have played and completed were Paper Mario 64, which was a beautiful and fun game. I loved it so much, it's one of my favorite N64 games. It's one of the reasons why I won't part from my N64.. while yes it is on the like online expansion pack as well I do enjoy playing it with my n64 controller on the original console.

I also have Mario 64 and it's still such a fun game to play but it is clunky if that makes sense. And sense of direction isn't always followed. I loved it, even though it was glitchy and it wasn't the most reliable when it came to jumping in a certain direction or moving. Many good childhood memories from that game.

Random question, would certain Nintendo DS games count as pre-2010 games for you? I wasn't around during the GB/GBC/GBA generations and the oldest console that holds nostalgic value for me is the Nintendo DS, which was released around the mid-2000s.
Yes! Ds games would count! I just personally don't care for them which is why I didn't list any in my personal list, but they are pre-2010 so feel free to type away a list of Ds games to share and discuss with others! 3ds games doesn't count, though some people are considering it as old already since we have the switch and the 3ds stuff is discontinued.

Yes! Ds games would count! I just personally don't care for them which is why I didn't list any in my personal list, but they are pre-2010 so feel free to type away a list of Ds games to share and discuss with others!
That's good to hear!

Actually, I can only remember one DS game I enjoyed a lot, and that was Rhythm Heaven. It's fun and quirky and super challenging!

I was a child in the 2000's, so I got major nostalgia for both Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance games!

My most favorite Game Boy Advance game is Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, and my most favorite Nintendo DS game is The Legendary Starfy!

Back