• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your favourite part of HHD?

GirlPolarBear

that tea girl
Bells
What's your favourite in Happy Home Designer so far? or favourite things!

I'm in Europe so can't WAIT til Friday c:

I just got the game last night, but so far this has been my favorite thing that has happened:

achhd03_zpskbxopgrl.jpg

He said that he wanted a "blue room". I decided it would be a kitchen. I'm sure it was just sheer dumb luck, but his reaction was priceless! :p

My favorite is the new furniture and being able to put stuff on the CEILINGS! I really hope some of these features carry over to the next real animal crossing game!

Since I loved the house building aspect of the SIMS and naturally loved the redecorating aspect of AC, the ability to decorate house after house is amazing to me. The cool thing is the sheer amount of options they give you. I do kinda wish that they gave you more limits (like pricing limits, etc.) That would make the game more challenging.

getting Bob's amiibo card

This. Lol.

But really, I think the fact that you can move furniture half a square at a time, and that you can squeeze in those half-square openings, and hanging stuff from the ceiling! I also love that you get to design buildings around town in addition to the houses--I especially loved making the office. :)

I like the main hub and building all of the public facilities and then seeing them come to life with villagers working at them or using them, and they all say the funniest things when you talk to them while shopping, eating or working.

Not much was added to their personalities, but they seem to "pop out" more as individual characters than just being a member of a particular villager type or species. I'm not sure if this is caused by how they behave in public facilities or if it's just because of designing their homes (which requires a specific theme and they will react to different kinds of furniture).

Nice reply! I think it's mainly because everybody has their individual theme, instead of them being classified as one type. For example, Goldie is a normal personality and asks for a room of books (pretty cliche for a normal type), yet Carrie, who is also a normal villager, asks for a place for her joey. They're different.

I love how the animals pose in the mirror! I try to give them all the sink/mirror just so I can see them strike a pose. So cute!

Ohhh I'm getting excited for this game! I just have to wait another week and a half until Thanksgiving (and after my next final) so I'll actually have time to play it!

The number one thing is the catalogue; things are grouped in categories & there is an actual picture of the item, not a leaf :)
soooooo woiefjowiefjawoeifj happy

#2) how easy it is to do paths; you can put down a whole rug or just hold down L/R and duplicate duplicate duplicate duplicate--it's so easy, it's not even funny--I'm already excited for the next installment to just abuse the mess out of this feature. *ahhh, future path bliss*

Back