You know what really grinds my gears?

I would probably only accept bids/trades if I really liked a villager I was getting rid of. For example, I'm trading Walker for Soleil with someone whenever the two decide to go. I really like Walker, but I have his pic already, and Soleil is a dreamy. That's just me though.

It's still evil, no matter how you look at it.

Selling villagers is definitely not immoral or "evil" in any way. Though not everyone agrees that villager trading is in the spirit of the game (which is totally fair), comparing trading or selling villagers to the hundreds of years of real slavery and oppression that people of color have faced is totally trivializing. :( So... let's not do that.

Giveaway:
"I have Merengue moving out! First come, first serve! :)"

Person 1: Me please! I can pick her up right now!

Person 2 almost 5 minutes later: Me me me me me!! I can give you the whole 7/11 set and all the exclusives and even give you *insert villager name here*

Like, excuse me, but Person 1 came first and can take her right now. -.-

And it's worse when

Host: Oh, person 2, I'd love to take the 7/11 set! Person 1, can you top this offer?

and they can't, do person 2 wins.

BUT IT WAS A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE GIVEAWAY!! T_T I'd give a bad wifi rating just looking at it happen and not even really being involved. .-.

That's why when I start doing giveaways, they'll be a lot more complicated and more serious. If person 1 writes a better poem than person 2, but person 2 can give me a whole bunch of stuff that person 1 can't, person 1 still wins because they did what I asked.

I would probably only accept bids/trades if I really liked a villager I was getting rid of. For example, I'm trading Walker for Soleil with someone whenever the two decide to go. I really like Walker, but I have his pic already, and Soleil is a dreamy. That's just me though.

Yeah, other than Julian, I only ever did an auction for Ankha, 'cos she'd been in my town for so long and I loved her to bits, but it was time for her to go in exchange for Astrid, so I did an auction on her

Here's a good one that annoyed a lot of people.

There was a girl looking for free villagers to fill space. She said she didn't care which ones, so people started offering free (and cute!) villagers! Honestly, if I didn't care who I got, I would've taken some of them. She refused ALL of them. Eventually someone called her out on it (after about the 20th free villager offer or so) and was like "You said you wanted a free villager, yet you've refused all of them." She went unreasonably ballistic.

The person had a point though. If you're looking to take free villagers but refuse every single one of them, then maybe you should've said you had specific preferences in the first place. Why waste everyone's time?

The person had a point though. If you're looking to take free villagers but refuse every single one of them, then maybe you should've said you had specific preferences in the first place. Why waste everyone's time?

Bam.

Last edited:
Oh that would annoy me.
Once, I seen a giveaway for 3 villagers. Popular villagers too, I think Merengue and Zucker were included.
It was a contest rather, and not many people entered. I checked later, and the contest was over. The person picked the winners, and then said "Actually, i'm going to let this run for another 30 minutes"
In the end, the person had picked new winners confusing the old ones
I stopped reading, and then checked back a few days later, and that same person posted that they were selling those villagers.
Why have a giveaway if you're not going to go through with it?
This was a while ago, on another forum. I still remember it. xD

Last edited:
Not going to point fingers, but a few days ago I was participating in an auction for a certain villager. We were heading towards 1.5 million bells when the OP posting that they had just sold the villager for 5 mil to someone who wasn't even participating in the auction. It greatly upset me, but I stayed quiet and decided that perhaps auctions weren't my thing anyway.

People are selling villagers like that? That's like slavery!

dont compare slavery to a game

anyway i think its rude to change your mind. i mean you got someone really happy and then youre like nah
its your choice but you got someone excited about it.

its also rude if its an auction or something and even when the auction ended they still pick the bids after. i mean come on.

Back