June Birthstone (Pearl)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
April Birthstone (Diamond)
ど
ぶ
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
NOTE - I wasn't sure exactly what section to post this in, so if it's the wrong place, please, move it :)

Ohey guys, so I keep noticing people who are genuinely kind, and are giving away extremely popular villagers for free, and it makes me happy to see that

But doesn't it drive some of you slightly mad when you see someone who is slightly too late say something along the lines of.. "Ohey wouldn't you rather trade her for *insert villager here*", or, "Can I buy him/her for bells/sets/another villager, PLEASE?"

It drives me mad to see someone being that selfish.. But what are you guys' thoughts?

Yep, and grinds my gears even more when the person accepts the offer. Its like they can't accept the fact that they lost and are bribing the person giving the villager away...and even more rude to whoever won.

Yeah, I haven't been around long in the AC community and I've already seen that kind of thing happen. I think it's just inconsiderate. /: There's no need to throw others under the bus in order to get what you want.

The whole buying villagers thing does not sit well with me in the first place.
You should not sell something that you got for free...but people can do whatever they want.
That's just my opinion.

I see that you are only one away from having all of your dreamies.
Best of luck! Today I saw a thread giving away Puck and I thought he was your dreamie at first.
But then I checked back and saw it was Boomer instead. Penguins with headgear.

I think it's really rude to offer something for a villager that is going to be given away to someone else.

And I think it's doubly rude if the person that was going to give away the villager accepts. Keep your word, even if you are tempted by the offer.

I think it's really rude to offer something for a villager that is going to be given away to someone else.

And I think it's doubly rude if the person that was going to give away the villager accepts. Keep your word, even if you are tempted by the offer.
That exact thing happened to me before. I was going to get Maple for free from someone cause she wanted to give her away and then someone randomly showed up bidding like 2 million bells for her and instead gave Maple to her e_e
People are selling villagers like that? That's like slavery!

jeez ikr

I don't disagree with the selling of villagers.. I think it's relatively innocent.. I think it's rude when this happens, and horrible that people think they have to scam people out of villagers or cash

Eh... I haven't gotten into the villager thing at all, so I can't say anything on that front. I've had no experience with it.

It sorta bugs me for items. I occasionally open my gates to let people catalog stuff for free. I see some of the same people I let in later on selling the right to catalog or selling the actual items for a huge markup over the catalog ordering price. But whatever. I can't stop people from doing that. I'm not going to change the fact that I do giveaways or fair trades/deals. I think the community is better when people aren't super greedy and are just trying to help each other, so I like to add to that feeling.

I've seen quite a few people put a giveaway contest, pick winners, then the following day I see the same villagers up for auction.

It somewhat ticks me off but I understand.. their just trying to get their dream villagers.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

I've seen quite a few people put a giveaway contest, pick winners, then the following day I see the same villagers up for auction.

:(

This bothers me because I have a villager in boxes that I was considering giving away. But if this same villager might just be auctioned off later instead of loved at the town I gave them to...

Items are one thing. The amount people make off of those are relatively small. But villagers can bring millions upon millions of bells depending on who it is. I have no interest in selling off my villagers. I'd just want to give them to a person who actually wants them.

My friend showed me a Tumblr post of someone who had a popular villager in their campsite and were so happy...

...because they had a villager they knew they could sell to the highest bidder. -_-

Too many scams have occurred because of this too. There was a person on another forum who was promised Skye the wolf. When they went to the person's town to drop their items and bells, the mayor saved the game and flipped the Wi-fi switch so that Skye couldn't be adopted. I had a similar situation happen to me this week where the girl didn't even have Beau to trade me! Needless to say, I was pretty peeved, but I luckily didn't lose any money...just time.

This is one reason why I kinda hate that I love a handful of popular villagers. I've been tempted to just take the next best thing, but I told myself I wouldn't settle.

My friend showed me a Tumblr post of someone who had a popular villager in their campsite and were so happy...

...because they had a villager they knew they could sell to the highest bidder. -_-

Too many scams have occurred because of this too. There was a person on another forum who was promised Skye the wolf. When they went to the person's town to drop their items and bells, the mayor saved the game and flipped the Wi-fi switch so that Skye couldn't be adopted. I had a similar situation happen to me this week where the girl didn't even have Beau to trade me! Needless to say, I was pretty peeved, but I luckily didn't lose any money...just time.

This is one reason why I kinda hate that I love a handful of popular villagers. I've been tempted to just take the next best thing, but I told myself I wouldn't settle.

I actually did this for Julian.. I DESPISE him, but I let him move in from my campsite to make someone happy.. I auctioned him off, which I kinda felt a bit odd for after, but the person who got him had him as a staple dreamy, so I was happy

Back