Would you wear the clothes your rep wears?

Most of the clothes, yeah! I like to dress my rep in all kinds of dresses, which I love wearing. The only thing I put him in that I wouldn't wear nearly as often are flats, pumps, and the like. I am almost strictly tennis shoes and sneakers! I don't want my little feets to hurt!!

A lot of my wardrobe in Animal Crossing and real life are long skirts and pretty tops with sleeves. But in Animal Crossing I also have a large number of fancy dresses that just wouldn't be appropriate for casual every day wear in real life. I also wear a bunch of kimono in Animal Crossing that in real life I'm way too tall and plump to pull off. I also do dress up costumes a lot in Animal Crossing: like a King or a sailor or a fairytale character that would be really weird to walk down a street in real life wearing. I go for all sorts of bright hair colors in Animal Crossing to match all my outfits too, that would be way too much expense and way too bold for me to constantly be doing in real life. About half of my Animal Crossing clothes would only be appropriate for a Cosplay convention and would bring way too much attention on me for me to dare in real life.

Although I feel some of the clothes wouldn't translate the best into real-life (unless they were kids' clothes), everything my rep wears is my style! I certainly do wish I had some of the clothing items in real life though!

*not saying I don't like youthful styles, I'm talking about pieces that are oversimplified

Not really. I don't like wearing dresses or skirts, but I dress my girl in them often. (Her pants look comfy though.) I also go all-out with the hats, and I'm not a hat person, either. She wears a lot of silly stuff, too, like frog hats, soft-serve hats ,etc.

Some of the bags look cute, and I'd love to carry them around irl.

Last year I dressed her up as Lady Dimitrescu for Halloween...something I definitely wouldn't do lol.

i would. right now my rep is wearing the ok motors shirt, the blue embellished pants, the pirate boots and a blue heart hair pin so yeah, i would wear that in real life. my other rep wears the entire treasure robe pirate clothing...i would wear the treasure robe for sure.

My island rep only wears one outfit, but I would wear most clothes of that outfit, and in some cases already do to an extent. I wouldn't wear the gold flower crown, and I wouldn't wear the sporty shades as they don't really fit me IRL, but I do have and wear a Bolts away jersey some days, I do have and wear blue athletic shorts some days, and while I don't have red socks and primarily red sneakers, I would wear both if given the opportunity.

I would. I’ve only ever given my rep one outfit, and it’s similar to how I dress in real life. I typically don’t have my character wear something unless I’d be comfortable wearing the outfit myself.

i don’t dress my rep in anything i wouldn’t personally wear irl, so yes... she is supposed to be me, after all. 😅 i’m not the best at coordinating outfits and i may or may not be obsessed with the do-rags, but all of my rep’s outfits thus far have been slays imo!
i wish i was as fashionable as my rep irl. 🤣

B32D7BEC-1A06-476D-8AB5-76A7E2ECF6D1.jpeg
FEFAB8AF-9359-4B01-A841-ABCBAF2F40F4.jpeg
1D36055D-98F7-4625-9C52-F0F12506FB1F.jpeg
06ADBCC1-F165-4B72-864F-2A08790A28DF.jpeg
5D0CDC22-FF86-4F44-B7C9-DF3D3D5BF8A9.jpeg

the urge i have to wear the elmo dress again... nothing will ever be as iconic i fear.

Since I don't wear skirts and dresses that much, probably not. My Rep's usually in skirts, mainly because I find skirts to be less maintenance and since they only cover the legs slot, there's more combinations to be had than with dresses.

Nah, probably not for me. I tend to usually stick with street wear 90% of the time, and don't really dress up unless it's a party or something. My character I like to have some what dapper and looking his best all the time.

Generally, yes except rain gear and hats. I tend to just wear tshirts and pants and the occasional top. When I was a teen I wore hats often though. I just find them too bothersome now unless it is for being outside for a long time cuz static hat hair is a nightmare imo. Gotta stay warm in winter and avoid sun burn in summer. (I despise lotion of any kind)
Rain coats I just never buy. I mean I rarely see them in stores anyway. Last time I had one was when I was like 5 lol. I rarely use umbrellas but then again, I don't go to many places and in USA you drive to most places instead of walking.
Dresses are unlikely irl simply because most of the time they are uncomfortable, but once in a blue moon I'll put one on my rep.

I would totally wear my reps clothing. Most of the time I dress her as I would dress in real life, but even when I dress her in costume, it’s a costume I’d wear, even the pirate outfits. I don’t really ever dress her in something I wouldn’t wear, like the muscle man outfit.

My current outfit? I probably would. Unsure about the glasses but I actually need to get glasses some day.
2022012209075100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I already own a shirt with a space suit print, so I suppose the answer is "sort of yes"? Although I don't know where I'd get a jet pack, and I'd bet having stars bouncing over my head could eventually get on my nerves.

Most of his other outfits are a lot more reasonable/realistic, so same goes for those: I probably would if I found myself in an appropriate situation, haha.

1665111979941.jpeg

I would, although I might feel a little embarrassed in the bunny hood they have on. The outfit is usually that, a dark blue sweater, and the star bag you get from Celeste. I live in a major city, and honestly most people wouldn't notice or care even with the bunny hood, haha.

My island rep and I already do dress similarly. Well, in my downtime I sport the punk aesthetic anyway. I even used to have the mohawk until earlier this year when I decided to clean-up my appearance a bit post-pandemic. Being 30+, working in a professional environment, etc can cause conflicts with fashion.
2sWFza2.png

Heck yeah I would! I want all of my rep's clothes! It's fun to buy clothes in the game because I'm exploring fashion without spending real life money. Plus a lot of the designs I can't find in real life.

My main rep Panda? Yes!! I'd love to make a real zig-zag dress someday.
My side character Milly (the one in my profile pic/signature)? Nooooo I couldn't pull that off at all!

Back