• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Would you wear the clothes your rep wears?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
We all personalize all our Reps in different ways, but Ive always wondered if people would actually wear the outfit we give our rep

I know some are really crazy, creative, and I enjoy seeing how people's reps look because of their outfits, and apearences in general.

But is it an outfit you would wear in real life?

Me personally. Probably not. I mean my character walks around in a fancy rose coat, and dress pants. His old outfit I could see myself wearing. I mean, he's got a purple esthetic because its my favorite color.

But fancy rose jackets are definitely not my style. However its part of his character. Also looks pretty snappy on him. So why not look good while your terraforming dirt, right?

But would you wear your character's outfit in real life? Or nah. Or is it even really your style.

Last edited:
Some things yes, some no. Most of the clothes I wouldn't wear are things that are a bit young for me. Part of what I love in the game is dressing my character in all the fun styles I wish I could wear.

definitely!! i am so jealous of my rep's wardrobe, and some of the ac dresses and jumpers are SO cute. absolutely would wear irl any day. i'm not as much of a fan of some of the 'summer' clothing, but the warmer winter stuff.. sign me up!

280485792_373080921452929_3406660309777716340_n.jpg
152910296_114836930610664_4634716837603709556_n.jpg

Yeah,if I was younger and slimmer I'd try some of the outfits I've come up with while playing the game.I don't wear hats in real life so I'd probably skip those.

Sometimes I would but mostly probably not as I tend to wear elaborate or cohesive outfits in ac but irl I just throw on whatever is most comfortable.

Probably. I wear rectangular glasses in real life and so does my rep. Rep wears cargo shorts and I wear cargo shorts when I wear shorts. My rep frequently wears the froggy tee and frogs are among my favorite animals.

Good question. No, I wouldn't. I usually dress my island rep. in dresses or other one piece garments because it requires less thinking. In real life, I avoid skirts and dresses like Covid. They're unflattering, and I have to be careful of how I walk or sit because the skirt part will ride up if I'm not. Plus, the creeps looking.

Also, my island rep. has the hairstyle that's top row, second to last in this picture. I feel that a classy attire suits this hairstyle best.
delete acnh hairstyle pic.jpg

My island rep wears a lot of clothes that I wear IRL (hoodies/sweaters, sweatpants/pyjama pants, slippers, etc.) so of course I would! The only exception is the dresses (I only wear one in the game anyways, which is the checkered jumper dress) because I hate wearing them IRL (along with skirts).

No I wouldn't. In real life, I already wear a lot of nice clothing and I don't want my island rep to look like a normal person. Instead, she dons a pirate-like outfit, to a devil starbucks employee or a muscle man outfit. I like to create chaotic and wild outfits that make me laugh or scare other players.

No I wouldn't. In real life, I already wear a lot of nice clothing and I don't want my island rep to look like a normal person. Instead, she dons a pirate-like outfit, to a devil starbucks employee or a muscle man outfit. I like to create chaotic and wild outfits that make me laugh or scare other players.
Off topic but I'd love to see that "devil starbucks employee" outfit 😂😂

I usually just wear shorts and a shirt. I don't own a lot of fashionable clothes IRL. But I would love to be able to have the clothes I have on my in-game wardrobe.

Lots of the outfits, yeah! I don't dress my player character in really unusual clothes most of the time. I'm a little more stylistically adventurous, since a pixelated hippopotamus doesn't have Standards Of Professionalism to which I must adhere, but I mostly choose clothes that are similar to ones I'd like to wear in real life. I wouldn't mind the striped shorts, or the Labelle baseball caps, or some of the cozy, colorful sweaters.

I would wear about half of my reps wardrobe. I usually have her in things I would wear myself. The exceptions are the dresses and skirts since I don’t like how I look in dresses or skirts.

I’d wear some of them. I really like the kimono and yukata outfits. Traditional Japanese clothing are some of my favorite outfits to look at.

Some of the outfits I would, others I won’t. My rep is mainly based off of myself, so she looks similar to me and shares a name, but she wears some things I could never pull off. (Ex: skirts and dresses that she wears because they look good with the outfit)

My new island rep for Lumos has some lore behind her which will probably influence her outfits. It’ll be interesting to see her become her own character instead of just a version of me like most of my video game characters.

Back