• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Words you can't -reeeally- spell

I can never spell convenient for some reason. I keep spelling it like 'convienient'

Ocassionally and necessary. I have to remind myself "one collar two socks" lol. Accommodate is also hard, sometimes I forget both Cs and Ms are doubles. Receive often gets autocorrected because I spell it wrong, like just now lol. Oh and the word I can never spell, sometimes autocorrect can't even decipher my attempt, is "diarrhea" lol.

I think autocorrect just ****ed up me up a bit because I get so lazy with spelling things out.

I consider myself a great speller as I can spell most words but I used to not be able to spell beautiful.

This is why I use autocorrect on hard spelling words :p

Last edited:
It's funny how a lot of native English speakers have trouble with words I naturally write correctly. I guess it's because I learned English mostly by reading and writing - as soon as I knew the word, I knew how to write it, whereas native speakers learn to speak before they learn to write. I still have problems with some words, though - I'd say necessary is one of them, because I'm never fully sure if there should be an extra C. I can't really think of any others at the moment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ocassionally

Occasionally* :p

Yeah, for necessary I remember one collar, two sleeves :blush:

As for words... I have to think before writing 'conscious' or it will come out like 'concious'... doi.

I always spell 'special' wrong.
Long words with i-e always mess me up, and I'm trying to spell something after I first wake up, xs become zs and vice versa.

license ;; i always mix up the c and s.
Caribbean
Mediterranean

Caribbean

yes this one... always have to use spellcheck lol.

but yeah i always mess up like necessary and stuff because i always forget how many c and s (or whatever equivalents in other words) there are lol

yes this one... always have to use spellcheck lol.

but yeah i always mess up like necessary and stuff because i always forget how many c and s (or whatever equivalents in other words) there are lol

omg.. this is off topic so I'm gonna post another word I can't spell but I love your new avatar! Jumping on those birds and stealing their magic carpets was my favorite childhood pastime.

It takes me multiple attempts to spell rhythm. there is no rhythm in its spelling. :lemon:

experience

sometimes i can spell it if i think hard, most of the time i can't. lmao its weird

omg.. this is off topic so I'm gonna post another word I can't spell but I love your new avatar! Jumping on those birds and stealing their magic carpets was my favorite childhood pastime.

It takes me multiple attempts to spell rhythm. there is no rhythm in its spelling. :lemon:

thanks, and yeah our SMB 2 was rad!

but yeah like 99% of those words i get wrong lol

inconvenient or inconvenience. i always have to pause after the incon part LOL. like i want to write inconvienient for some odd reason?? like that's kinda closer to how i pronounce it so the correct spelling looks odd to me...

For some reason I can't spell piece correctly to save my life without autocorrect

Back