Words of advice to your pre-New Horizons self?

You can’t change the mouth of rivers.
And name your town something bird related, like Rookery or Roost like you wanted. That way You can always change to a bird themed town whenever you want to.

Note to Self:

The game auto-saves so DO NOT time travel backwards in time, thinking you can fix a mistake!

Instead of fixing, you'll just spoil all your turnips! And for a lousy 30 minutes that didn't work! 450k bells, spoiled!

Thanks from Self

There's such a thing as different airport colors and native flowers are now a thing. Turnips are the only way you'll make a decent amount of bells to buy out items that cost 300,000+ bells. Also, Nook Mile items vary in color from island to island.

Enjoy losing your sanity. 😎🍷

Don't sell Gulliver and Saharah stuff. Remember how back when you played NL like 5 years ago unorderables were a thing? Yeah it's still a thing LOL
Post automatically merged:

Oh and also flower breeding is so ridiculously complicated now that if you don't keep track of where you got every single flower from you'll have a mess on your hands trying to breed hybrids

Don't watch YouTube advice videos on how to get rid of villagers. Ask in this forum instead. :LOL:

Get back on the Bell Tree Forums and do the daily Celeste visits ASAP 👀

Part of me wishes I had grinded more mystery islands since the hybrid flower islands are apparently no longer a thing. But I grinded so much as it was

I regret almost everything about my island but don't have the guts to reset because I've collected so many resources and items. So I bought a new copy of the game to start over with lol. This time around I will be way pickier about my native flower and fruit (hyacinths and peaches only this time) and will build villager houses WAY slower. I'm also not going to use amiibos and will just keep whatever the game gives me.

I'm a little disgusted with my island because it feels artificial with all the amiibos I used and the layout is so bad and I can't fix it at this point. So it will be nice to start over with a new copy.

i think i would just advise myself to take my time a little more. i've been having a super chill time playing this game, but i will admit that i've gotten sucked into the competitiveness a little bit now that it's gotten so big and i'm like, trying to make it on ac twitter or whatever lmao

I regret almost everything about my island but don't have the guts to reset because I've collected so many resources and items. So I bought a new copy of the game to start over with lol. This time around I will be way pickier about my native flower and fruit (hyacinths and peaches only this time) and will build villager houses WAY slower. I'm also not going to use amiibos and will just keep whatever the game gives me.

I'm a little disgusted with my island because it feels artificial with all the amiibos I used and the layout is so bad and I can't fix it at this point. So it will be nice to start over with a new copy.
Have you got a second switch? I think you need an entire new console for a new game :(

Don't plan your town out to the last detail because your friend will move in and throw all of that out the window.
Take your time and enjoy the beginning and don't worry about how fast you can get your island to 3 stars.
Don't play much during the Bunny Day Fiasco. The prize from Zipper is lame. Instead catch as many cherry blossoms as possible and keep them in your storage. Do not let your friend get waterscaping unless you want a lake shaped like a T. :) Don't feel bad about not having any friends with their own switches to play with. There isn't much to do online except trading and island tours. Playing on the same switch is more fun. Take more pictures and videos. When you find out about your first camper, don't rush over and talk to him. He's a stinky frog, and you can't tell him not to move in. Don't waste your nook miles on the teacups. There are no more rides, so it sticks out like a sore thumb. Moving houses is not free. Each one costs 50,000 bells to move, and no you can't move your bridges. Start with cheap bridges until you get a better idea of how you want your town to look.

Clean up all the flowers before you start TTing, please. Also the three starter villagers have starter houses and not their actual houses.

Please be 100% with your choice of theme for your island that you won't change in the future, same with the name... PLEASE!!
Cause your future self didn't follow the original theme and now the island name doesn't match your current theme.

You can obtain 8, yes 8 pieces per rock. So you don't need to wait so many days to collect those damned 20 pieces of iron asked by Tom Nook.

New advice: Nintendo will release patches unannounced in advance, and will remove the hybrid islands from Nook Miles Ticket trips, so don't put it off thinking you'll take care of it later, when you have NMT's to spare, because they will be gone.

Now you either have to trade (which you're too stubborn to do for flowers) or continue those giant fields of red roses trying to get the blue one (by the way, just be prepared that it's going to take you months. 2 months into the game and we still don't have one).

Back