• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will you buy cards?

Will you buy cards?

• Total voters
Since I won't be buying ACHHD, I'm gonna have to buy 52 individual cards, then buy an ACTUAL deck of cards, and then assign one card for every ACTUAL card.

I might purchase amiibo cards if they are priced reasonably...

I wonder if they will become Store Exclusives over in America just like the Super Smash Bros. amiibo?

Last edited:
Personally I'm gonna hate if they're in randomized bags. I feel like it would be a waste of money if we got two of the same villager. What would be do then? Sell them to a friend! But that's only if the person likes that villager and what if it's unpopular and the villager is ugly. Then we would have two horrible villagers that we wouldn't use. That's why I want Nintendo to make them either in sets. Like maybe "wolf set" or you can buy two villagers together maybe for like $10. I don't want them to be expensive because then I wouldn't buy a lot and I want to buy the ones I love and I have very many :)

I collected all the eReader cards back in the day (although took me like 3 years aha) so I will definitely be buying all of the cards :D

I voted undecided because I want to know a lot more about the game first. I'm assuming you get some villagers by default when you purchase the game? I'm hoping that you can share with people by streetpassing so you don't actually have to buy all the characters. They haven't really hinted at that at all though so I'm guessing that's not the case. If they're super cheap and you know what you're buying rather than just randomized booster packs, then maybe I will be willing to purchase a larger number.

I'll probably buy a few. There are only a few specific villagers I really want, so once (or if) I finally get them all, I'll most likely stop buying.

I honestly feel that it is a horrible idea to have cards with this game. Why not just include 10 random villagers with the game, and have premium DLC packs with 10 characters each? But if there are cards, being the sucker for AC that I am, I will buy them!

If this is anything like it was on GameCube, no chance the majority are going to get the complete set! There's a reason the complete set from 2002 goes for over $1,000 on ebay all the time, they're next to impossible to get!!

I just want cards of my favourites. Flurry card <3

But I don't know much else about the game yet, so it really will be a wait and see what it is first.

Well is everyones poll option the same now we know there is 100 cards in the first series alone xD

for a spin-off game, they're really going for it. even with the limited edition happy home new 3DSXL ???
i think the villager cards are a nice add to the game, even if it is just to milk money in which is what it sounds like to me.
a bit of a nuisance, especially having to buy a reader for them too.
excited nonetheless!

Never, I'm not going to support this on disk dlc thing that Nintendo is so fond of doing now.

If I end up buying the game, I'll most likely buy them; I'm not sure if I'd buy all of them. From what I've seen so far of the game itself, I doubt I'll buy the game at all. I will wait for more information before I decide if I get the game at all, and then if I get the cards.

I'm just going to save time and money by buying the villagers that I personally like online like ebay ^^

I will buy the cards but i am scared to buy them if a booster pack costs a lot and then when I open it...I get a bunch of villagers I hate. ":(

Back