• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will you be buying the physical or digital release?

I'm honestly torn. :(

On one hand, for digital:
- I can't ever "lose" ACNH or accidentally drop it down a drain
- I'm never going to sell my copy of ACNH, I love the game too much
- It'll be nice not having to switch back and forth

On the other hand, for physical:
- What if I drop it down a drain? D: (or somewhere else that I can't retrieve it)
- what if the little cartridge gets corrupted?

I'm honestly torn. :(

On one hand, for digital:
- I can't ever "lose" ACNH or accidentally drop it down a drain
- I'm never going to sell my copy of ACNH, I love the game too much
- It'll be nice not having to switch back and forth

On the other hand, for physical:
- What if I drop it down a drain? D: (or somewhere else that I can't retrieve it)
- what if the little cartridge gets corrupted?

That doesn't sound like you're torn to me.

Still can't make up my mind whether i have to buy either Physical or Digital release, although i see the price is cheaper in physical release in my local online shopping

I’m getting the physical as long as I can get it at midnight. Digital is more convenient, but I prefer the physical copy.

That doesn't sound like you're torn to me.

Why? Hmm...looking at it, I suppose you're right. But mainly I'm just afraid of veering away from the physical route. That's what I've been doing for ages (physical)!

I got the special edition NL 3DS when it came out so I'm pretty used to digital, and it's definitely convenient to always have AC on hand when you have another cartridge in. I'll most likely be doing the same for NH

i don't know when i'll be getting the new animal crossing as it's on a system i don't have yet, but i would like to own a physical copy in case of risk of console corruption, plus it feels nice to actually own games on their own cards rather than having them just sitting in my device!

Why? Hmm...looking at it, I suppose you're right. But mainly I'm just afraid of veering away from the physical route. That's what I've been doing for ages (physical)!

I just meant that the points you make for both hands are all in favour of digital :p

Bought a bunch of digital games for my 3DS... then it got stolen. And apparently it's a huge pain to transfer a NNID to a 3DS from an old one if you don't have the original DS. Nintendo customer support basically told me I was out of luck so I'm never going to buy another digital game again if I don't absolutly have to.

And I really just prefer having a physical copy anyway. There are only two adults in my house and they're kept in game cases so losing them isn't a huge concern of mine.

Physical all the way! I generally only buy indie games through the e-shop (mostly because I often don't have a choice with those :p)

Physical, I like to own my games outside of online accounts.

I'll be buying the physical off of amazon, if something goes wrong like they run out of physical copies, digital is the second option

I usually prefer physical copies of video games, but since NH is the only Switch game I'm interested in I'll probably go for a Switch Lite and get the digital version this time. I'm still in doubt about the whole thing tbh.

I've pre-ordered the physical release, I'm getting it with Game (UK) and the preorder bonus is a cute tote bag!
Cannot wait :)

Whilst I know I'm so excited I would want to play it as soon as it dropped...I've gone for physical copy purely because I always have done.

I want this game ASAP but the niggling little voice in my head says wait for the physical copy. I really hate my niggling voice. ��

Back