• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you abandon New Leaf?

Well?

• Total voters
Doubtful. I don't have a Switch at the present time (or will have one in the near future) so New Leaf will continued to be played a decent amount.

I'm honestly not sure. I have played New Leaf so much it's embarrassing, but these last month I haven't really given much time to it. I do see myself abandoning my town, just like with WW, but not to stop playing it forever. I still love to catch up on it here and there ^^

I'm honestly not sure. I have played New Leaf so much it's embarrassing, but these last month I haven't really given much time to it. I do see myself abandoning my town, just like with WW, but not to stop playing it forever. I still love to catch up on it here and there ^^

It is nothing to be embarrassed about, I can assure you that you are in welcoming company! ;) I personally have put over 1500 hours into the town I have had since 2013 so nothing to be ashamed about! lol I most likely will be playing New Leaf as well even after getting AC Switch just because I know there will still be a strong New Leaf community years afterwards since a lot of people don't have a Switch yet. I hope they have a cool transfer process of some sort with the new game so we can keep some sort of progress from New Leaf (kind of like ACWW transfer feature to City Folk/Let's Go to the City)! :)

I'll probably play the Switch version more, but I just restarted my New Leaf town a little over a month ago, so I have a TON yet to do in terms of town landscaping, house design, collecting items (especially from the Amiibo cards), completing my bug/fish/art wings of the museum, getting my dreamies, etc. I easily have 8-12 months worth of daily play left, and then another year of sporadic play after that, if I had to guess.

Nah, I still enjoy new leaf very much and since I just recently started a new town I want to keep at it and make it into something great!

Plus isn't the new version for switch only? I can't afford a switch or a new game atm lol

Nah... I won't abandon my town or my villagers. I don't even have a switch yet and I just started a new town. So there is still plenty to do in NL. I would still play sporadically even after finishing the town.

No! I don't have a Switch and I just got New Leaf a month ago so yea hahha

Definitely not abandoning AC:NL anytime soon! I don't own a Switch and I've recently really gotten into perfectioning my town, there's no way I'm leaving this halfway done.

Last edited:
I really don't know. The fact that I've remade my town several times over at this point (not deleting and starting anew, but reworking the paths and such), and two times recently, means there's some level of unrest in finding new things to do. If the Switch AC has Amiibo functionality (and I don't know why it wouldn't), it's likely I would simply retire Clover. My boyfriend and I are going to play AC for the Switch together and having that team effort alongside the new content is going to hold my attention better than a game I've played with varying degrees of regularity since Christmas of 2013.

Last edited:
Tbh I only just got a New DS that can run NL, so I've only played for a month :')
I played Wild World for a decade, so I think it'll be at least another 5 years before I buy a switch and switch over to another new animal crossing, hahah

Haha I'm not the best person to answer because I already have a stop and go relationship with ACNL. :( I don't think i'll be "Switch"ing over to the new game though.

I'm not sure if I'll abandon New Leaf when the Switch game comes out. If I do get a Switch and wind up playing it more, then yeah, I may abandon NL if I like the Switch game more. Otherwise I'll keep playing NL.

I could see myself taking a hiatus, but I don?t see myself abandoning a game I have over 700 hours into. While I don?t play the older games as much anymore, I don?t really consider them abandoned, either! Sometimes when I?ve been gone for a while, it feels so nice to revisit an old town. I?m sure that will inevitably become the case for my NL town someday, too, but I?m sure it won?t be for a while.

Since I can't afford a Switch right now and I'm not sure when I can/will buy one, I will still play New Leaf.
I guess I will play not so much anymore once I have a Switch and spend more time with the new AC game,
but I wouldn't abandon NL completly. I would still keep an eye on it.

Well, a little update: I now have a Switch and to be honest? I abandoned New Leaf. The thing is, if you
play a game for years and you finally has the chance to play new stuff, then you rather spend the time
in the new games and start to play less and less the old games. When I got the Switch, I only played
NL to make some trades here in the forum. After I was done, I sold my 3DS as I just didn't play with it
anymore that much as I used to. And to be really honest: I don't even miss New Leaf. Now don't get
me wrong, NL is a beautiful game and all and it's my favorite AC game, however, I just got more bored
with it. I didn't knew what I should do with my town, I just reset and reset so many times to get a "better"
town map... The game didn't had a challenge for me anymore. Right now I spend so much time with my
Switch and found also ways to not get bored till the AC Switch game comes out... Yeah, I'm happy with
this. And I guess I will not start to play NL again, I will wait for the new AC game and that's it.

I don't own a switch and can't afford one, plus I'm content with new leaf. So no, I don't think I'll abandon it anytime soon.

Hopefully never! I will keep playing and playing until the end of time! (From the MLP:FiM Season 7 song "Best Friends Until the End of Time") Unless if my SD Card or my 3DS gets broken, I will get the chance to see my town, because my town has the Beautiful Town ordinance, which prevents cockroaches making home in my house, and less effort to taking care of my flowers.

Right now, I am very much anticipating the new Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch. I can't wait to see new furniture and clothing and villagers in this game coming soon in 2019 (or 2020). But will we ever transfer our New Leaf towns into the Nintendo Switch version? Let's look forward to the Animal Crossing direct!

Back