• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Will you abandon New Leaf?

Well?

• Total voters
Hmm, I'd say a lot less, but definitely not abandon it. I have too many good memories linked to both my towns. I do admit, the fact that the majority of the people I've had these memories with will move on as well, it may feel a bit lonely. But I can never abandon it. I hope to finish both towns before AC Switch comes out (and making sure no one moves out), so it's at least in a state where I can take a break from it.

I've never abandoned one of my old towns (not including the Wild World town I deleted). I may go a long time without playing them, but I've never left one and never returned. And with as much work and dedication as I put into my New Leaf town, I doubt I will ever leave it permanently.

I'm definitely getting the next game for the switch, but I won't be abandoning my New Leaf town. I've put years of effort into building my town and my catalog, there's no way I would delete the save file and never play again. That being said, I definitely won't be playing as often. But I'll check in every now and again.

No way. The Nintendo Switch along with how expensive the new Animal Crossing game will be is something much too expensive for me to be able to afford any time soon. I enjoy playing New Leaf, along with Gamecube, Wild World, and City Folk now and then as well. I'm totally fine playing the older games.

I'll probably stop playing. Need to focus more attention on school and other things and I feel like trying to take care of both my New Leaf town and the Switch town would be just too much for me. I'm more of a one town kind of person, so every time a new AC game comes out, I'm just gonna focus one that one new town.

Really hate to say it but I feel like I will just end up abandoning New Leaf just like I did with Wild World :-( Gamecube AC is the only game in the series that I replay. It's too bad though because I absolutely love New Leaf and so far feel it is the best in the series. Can't wait to see what Animal Crossing switch brings us <3

Last edited:
I have three towns, and none of them are complete. There's no way I'm abandoning ACNL. I love my towns, esp Moriyo, and I cant abandon the hours and hours of game play I've put in each of these towns to make them amazing.

I already have. After 5 years and 2800 hours, there aren't much incentive to return to the game. The new game can't come soon enough.

I still play ACNL every day, even though I have played 3580 hours of it by now.

I voted that I'll keep playing it. BUT - - although I think I could never abandon it when AC-2019 is released, I must admit that I never thought I could abandon ACCF after ACNL was released. Despite that I almost never play ACCF any more. When I do, I miss having the Beautiful City Ordinance and being able to build PWP's so I always go back to ACNL.

Last edited:
Can't make a decision based on absolutely zero information about what's coming, but I like ACNL and the 3DSXL platform too much to even consider dropping NL.

It depends on if I finish my New Leaf town before the next Animal Crossing releases. I want to finish my New Leaf town and not abandon it while it's still a mess, so I'll play for as long as necessary and then switch to the new Animal Crossing as soon as its done. Of course, I'll stick with New Leaf if it turns out that I don't like the new Animal Crossing, but I highly doubt that'll be the case. I have faith in Nintendo on this one.

I stopped playing New Leaf months before AC Switch was even announced. At that point, I had been playing the game for over 4 years, and I had run out of things to do. I still play ACCF once every few weeks or months, but other than that, I don?t play AC at all anymore. I?ll definitely get AC Switch on launch day and play it for hours on end, and whenever that happens, I don?t think I?ll ever go back to New Leaf, except for when the 3DS online servers are about to shut down to play online one last time.

Yaa

My new Leaf town is good but I realy could do whit a do over, this town has many mistakes like villagers moving int paths and that sort.

I would love to be able to play the new game having played new leaf for so long right now. I love New Leaf but would be good whit a new start :3 :p

I just started a new town, which I plan on playing in for at least the next year. So no, I'm not abandoning New Leaf anytime soon.

if they release a new 3ds game ill probably get it, and then id probably stop playing NL as often as i do now, though i doubt id abandon it completely. i dont have switch and i dont plan on getting it ever so i wont play a switch ac game :)

Back