• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will DAs be retired...?

Dream Suite Retirement?

• I think it will be

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • No- it will stay

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Beats me!

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

Mayor Monday

Bells
I'm positive that like the past AC installments, wifi services (aside from local play) will be shut down.

But now I'm wondering if dream addresses will be as well. I mean- this would render the entire Dream Suite useless, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

I'm hoping it won't be. I mean, I consider some of these dream towns literal art with the amount of time and effort put into them. I'd hate to see this service go to waste.

Do you think dream addresses will be retired, or do you think this is something Nintendo will keep going?

Once the services for 3DS go down, yes, dream addresses expire currently, too. But I don't think that they will shut down Wi-Fi for 3DS anytime soon.

Sadly, I think it will go away whenever they shut down Wi-Fi services. If they were going to keep it up, they would need to keep the servers up where the dream addresses are housed and I don't see that happening. I think when they shut down servers, every online feature including the Dream Suite will go with it.

it’ll likely be inaccessible once the 3ds wifi servers are shut down; however, i don’t see that happening for at least another couple of years

Oof I hope not. :( That'll be a real blow to everyone who has worked really hard on their towns just to make some pretty dream addresses. Even though I doubt that I would be visiting them very often after ACNH comes out I'd be sad to think I couldn't.

I clicked on this thinking that this was inquiring about district attorneys lol and I was confused.

Maybe they'll keep archived DAs up but not allow you to update anymore?

It's inevitable. These online services won't last forever and its sad to see a certain part of the game become a wasteland. That's whhy I'm not too keen on online game features.

...I thought Nintendo had to (more like force to) shut down the servers for the DS and Wii because they didn't own it?

But I don't think they're going to shut these down anytime soon.

Last edited:
it’ll likely be inaccessible once the 3ds wifi servers are shut down; however, i don’t see that happening for at least another couple of years

it'll probably be a lot longer than a couple years. iirc they shut down the DS/Wii ones in 2014 where their prime years were 2006-2009. and with their last huge DS games being released in 2019, it'll likely be at least 4-6 years until they even consider shutting it down. that's just my thought on it though.

I guess whenever they gonna shut down Wi-Fi for 3DS and Wii U, the DAs will disappear too.

Beats me! Because I don't know, but my guess is it will be retired. I hope it isn't, though - I liked visiting other player's Dream towns for inspiration. If it's retured, it'll be one of the features I'll most miss. I'll always remember the first time I visited a Dream town and thought I could take every item back with me. I shook every money tree and grabbed every DLC item I could and when I woke up I was sad to see I still had my original items. Should've been common sense that I couldn't take any items. :p

I'll always remember the first time I visited a Dream town and thought I could take every item back with me. I shook every money tree and grabbed every DLC item I could and when I woke up I was sad to see I still had my original items. Should've been common sense that I couldn't take any items. :p

When I first watched videos of NL years ago, I was hoping the same thing. lol

I guess this is a sad inevitability, but it does really make me sad to think about. So many of these towns are artworks, like you said, and it would be really devastating to lose them. It would be cool if there was a way to download them onto your SD card or something and only visit those saved addresses...

Back