• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why the hate on Donald Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It has nothing to do with political parties" but then you rant about a particular political party lol? Sort of contradictory.

That's why I don't associate myself with 'political parties'. Each one believes they're completely right and demonizes the other. No matter what side an individual is from, they take it to an extreme. To choose a 'side' is to incriminate oneself amongst others in one way or another.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yeah, no, Texas isn't really any of those things lmao. I live in Denton, and I have NEVER met anybody who fits that description. My family is from an extremely rural area, yet again, none of the individuals from that area are bigoted ?? at least nobody that I know.

To generalize is to be unreasonable. There are bad people in every single state. And there are plenty of good people as well, who do not deserve at all to be grouped into an antagonized group just because of their location.

I love how aggressive everybody is towards OP.

It just makes your point of view look emotion-driven and therefore invalid.

Ok yeah people were unnecessarily rude to OP but someone being emotional doesn't make their points any less valid wtf?

Everyone is emotion-driven, and everyone's ideas have their own feelings, their own needs, and their own views behind them whether they want to acknowledge it or not. When we're faced with any interaction or decision, our emotions come forward first even if we're unaware of them. That's how our brains work. You hating Hillary? Emotion. You not wanting to join the military? Emotion. You agreeing or disagreeing with Trump's decisions? Emotion. The only difference is some peoples' emotions are more intense and/or more apparent.

Obviously if Trump's done something that affects people directly, which he has to a ludicrous amount and a lot of which negatively, they're going to be emotional about their response regardless of what it is. Reason VS Emotion is a false dichotomy which has been proven numbers of times (here's just one of the top finds on google), and the only way people are going to get anywhere as a society is if we look at both "logical" factors and social/psychological impacts. We aren't going to get anywhere without passion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for Texas, I don't know much about it but I do know it gets a worse rep than it deserves. People in Austin and some in Houston in particular seem to be really accepting? There's way worse states.

Are you talking bout' my Texas? Texas is NOT racist, misogynistic, homophobic, or sexist.

this is off topic, but ive never seen a californian history textbook sugarcoat slavery and native american history as bad as ive seen several history textbooks that i've seen texas people post online on how its misleading and straight up sugarcoating racial injustices. which leads me to believe that there is a need for more accurate history lessons to be taught.

also im not sayin this to support my claim, more to relate to the topic of this post. but you guys did vote for trump.

Last edited:
Petition to change the name of this thread to ?Why hate on the racist, misogynistic, homophobic orange who became president with no qualifications??

Because then you might realize what you?ve asked and why it?s just so.... off. lmao bye

"It has nothing to do with political parties" but then you rant about a particular political party lol? Sort of contradictory.

That's why I don't associate myself with 'political parties'. Each one believes they're completely right and demonizes the other. No matter what side an individual is from, they take it to an extreme. To choose a 'side' is to incriminate oneself amongst others in one way or another.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And yeah, no, Texas isn't really any of those things lmao. I live in Denton, and I have NEVER met anybody who fits that description. My family is from an extremely rural area, yet again, none of the individuals from that area are bigoted –– at least nobody that I know.

To generalize is to be unreasonable. There are bad people in every single state. And there are plenty of good people as well, who do not deserve at all to be grouped into an antagonized group just because of their location.

hey, im glad someone saw that. because those same political parties i supposedly rant about do the exact same thing, which turns out to be a lot worse and disproportional talking about the minority over the majority where when i call it out im talking about majority over minority.

and i do not associate myself with any political party either. too much comes with labels, but regardless people will try to label you "an antifa" or "liberal" when you dont agree with those who have anti-human rights values, aka some values that trump has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back