• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why No … Green?

I actually really like the Jacobs ladder and their unique appearance. So I don't think "we" can "all agree" xD

If you wanna get technical, clover is a flower.

But I'd like to see a lot more variation in plants in the game. There are green tulips, so that would be easy for them to do since it'd just be a recolor. Same with hydrangeas.

and in regard to the jacob's ladder, in real life those are actually purple(most of the time).

The plant they used in AC is a lily of the valley. Someone in the team wasn't versed very well in botany.

Last edited:
I don't think the green is lacking because of "realism", it's lacking because the developers of the game probably tried and tested it and weren't happy with the look. Whilst there are green flowers out there they are not that common and so they look "unnatural" in a cartoon based graphical environment.

I mocked up an image and as you can see, something doesn't look quite right:

flowers.jpg

http://www.all-my-favourite-flower-names.com/green-roses.html said:
They [Green roses] are true roses, but unlike other varieties of roses, they don't have petals - they only have sepals which are green anyway.

Flower stores dye the petals of white flowers to get a vibrant variety of colors. Not just for green, but for brighter and prettier reds, pinks, oranges, etc.

And since these green roses which lack petals, they are unable to attract pollinators sch as birds and bees, so it would be highly illogical for them to be AC because they would pop up from breeding which is not able to occur. If you want green flowers as a furniture item for your house, then fine. But an actual flower to grow outside? No.

I don't think the green is lacking because of "realism", it's lacking because the developers of the game probably tried and tested it and weren't happy with the look. Whilst there are green flowers out there they are not that common and so they look "unnatural" in a cartoon based graphical environment.

View attachment 23899

Actually, I don't think they're that bad looking. I'd love to use green pansies and 4 leaf clovers to line my paths during/near St. Patricks. o:

View attachment 23899

Though to be fair with that, you've only changed the entire color to green. Just as the pansies all have a different theme to them, green would easily fit in with it. The white pansies, instead of having purple inside, could have green. Same with any of the other flowers. Though I do enjoy the rose in your image, I think that looks nice.

Though to be fair with that, you've only changed the entire color to green. Just as the pansies all have a different theme to them, green would easily fit in with it. The white pansies, instead of having purple inside, could have green. Same with any of the other flowers. Though I do enjoy the rose in your image, I think that looks nice.

That was my laziness but yeah I don't think they look that bad but they do look odd in the sense that they look a little "unnatural". You also have to take into consideration that they change colour at night too.

Edited image:

flowers.jpg

the ones in the picture...I think they should be more of a mint, sea green and not so st. patrick day colored.

I used to work as a cake decorator and when people would ask for green roses to get put on their cake it would look like the cake had cabbages on it, hah.

How about rainbow roses? ;)
rainbowrose.jpg

What about blue cosmos? They had them back in the game cube, also purple cosmos are pretty.
Peach roses, rainbow roses would be AMAZING.

I would also enjoy some poinsettas to be able to grow and not just be a furniture item

Back