• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why No … Green?

Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
We get flowers in all primary (red, yellow, blue) and secondary (orange, violet) hues with exception of green.

I wonder why that is.

I wouldn't mind tertiaries: red violet; red orange; yellow orange; yellow green; blue green; blue violet.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that it's because green flowers aren't that common in nature.

Must say, though, I'd love green flowers right about now - there's too much red in my eternal-Christmas town.

Some green flowers do occur in nature (carnations, hydrangeas). I think it is because the ground is green ~65% of the year, and green flowers would blend in.

But it's Nintendo and AC.. Screw logic :p .. If we want green flowers, damn it they should create them :p .. Gold roses don't exist (to my knowledge anyway, ha) so why no green?

I was just saying the other day I'd love green roses

But it's Nintendo and AC.. Screw logic :p .. If we want green flowers, damn it they should create them :p .. Gold roses don't exist (to my knowledge anyway, ha) so why no green?

Gold roses aren't achieved through natural means either. The flower are one of the only thing logical about the game. It'd be nice to kepp it that way.

Gold roses aren't achieved through natural means either. The flower are one of the only thing logical about the game. It'd be nice to kepp it that way.

I don't think that's the only "logical" thing about the game, lol..

And anyway, it shouldn't matter, we should get a green watering can and get green roses in the same way as golds if that's the case

I don't think that's the only "logical" thing about the game, lol..

And anyway, it shouldn't matter, we should get a green watering can and get green roses in the same way as golds if that's the case

I SAID ONE OF THE ONLY! I didn't say THE ONLY! Yes, there are fruit that grows on trees, and tons of other stuff logical, okay?

And how do you propose we get this green watering can and how do we use it to get these supposed green roses that you speak of? If green flowers exist naturally in nature, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be added. Just as long as Nintendo can make them look good against the green grass and with the green leaves that accompany ALL flowers.

You get me!

In "Animal Crossing," we humans verbally talk with the animals [villagers].

So let's have ? green flowers to go along with those gold and black flowers!

I'm game.

Bring on the tertiaries as well!

;)

Because... "Green is not a creative colour!"
Please someone get that reference...I'll be impressed...

Seriously though I'm not to sure :/ Yes it's true that I have never seen a green flower in real life but then again I've never seen a golden rose either :p

Maybe we will see some in future Animal Crossing Games!

Last edited:
Tulips can be green. I would have loved green tulips. Hydrangeas can be green. Green roses do exist. But all the green flowers tend to be a very bright light green, I think it would look nice, Jacobs ladder are slightly tinted green

Both green roses and green carnations exist. Okay, they're more of a green-yellow, but still.
We have yellow flowers, pretend they are green-yellow to quench your thirst for the green.
You guys just need to wait until it's Spring so you have some green to look at.

Because... "Green is not a creative colour!"
Please someone get that reference...I'll be impressed...

Seriously though I'm not to sure :/ Yes it's true that I have never seen a green flower in real life but then again I've never seen a golden rose either :p

Maybe we will see some in future Animal Crossing Games!

*waves wildly* I get the reference!!

I don't want green flowers because the stems are already green and it'd look bad in summer when the grass is also green. I think it'd look muddy >.<

I want green flowers! Perfect for rainbow flower gardens as well. So what if the grass is green? Just make the green darker or lighter depending on the colour of the grass at that time of year or something!

Oh god, yes that reference made me laugh.

I'm against green roses. They'd look really ugly. If you want a rainbow garden use bamboo.

Last edited:
*waves wildly* I get the reference!!

I don't want green flowers because the stems are already green and it'd look bad in summer when the grass is also green. I think it'd look muddy >.<

Come to think of it that would be a lot of green. It would look kind of bland in summer :/
And thank you for getting the reference!

Back