• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why Lolly? I don't understand..

I got Lolly from a giveaway thread because I thought she was popular (no one else wanted her and the person was going to void her). I expected for her to grow on me but she never did. :/
But I got to trade her for Merengue so it was all worth it! :D Bless Lolly's popularity.

Last edited:
The same answer given every time someone posts a "why is so-and-so popular" thread: because people like how that villager looks.

I think she's cute. <3

I like that she's simple. In my opinion, its nice that there's a simple villager thats popular, and not all gimmicky and colorful. Too much gimmick and color is just tacky. Again, that's my opinion. I'm not belittling people that do like all that jazz.

Last edited:
I love lolly because she is so cute and sweet. She's always so nice to everyone and so happy to see you. Like your own cat who might run up when you get home. Also, I never got her in CF so I was please to get here in NL.

I AGREE.

She's really cute but her facial expressions are boring.

she's cute and simple.
i used to really want her in my town cause she reminded me of this cat i had a long time ago lol, but her being a normal villager puts me off because i find the normal villagers too plain/boring ._.

I like the fact she's simple, and she's popular.. 'Cos I'm not a big fan of gimmicks at all.. But I feel like there are better simple villagers who people could become attached to

I think she's cute but nothing special. I really needed a normal villager in my town and she was the first normal villager that showed up at my campsite. Though I think that the pattern on the back of her head is nice-looking.

I've always loved grey tabby cats, and she is one so there was the instant appeal there for me. Also, she's one of the nice looking normals, some of them aren't that cute but she has a nice design and a nice house so I like her :)

I personally things shes pretty cute, I have her in my town right now.

Vesta is still my favorite normal though ;A;

She is cute AND a cat. What else do you need? Plus, the Normal personality is my favorite out of all the female personalities.

Why do ppl like Whitney she's just a wolf, why do people like flurry she's just a hamster, marshals just a white squirrel and hamlets just a brown hamster. They're all cute animals from popular species. And not everyone is into the gimmicks.
Besides everyone has different opinions anyways it's pointless to ask why anyone likes a thing,

I didn't get it either at first. But when she showed up in my town, I couldn't get over how adorable she is. Just a matter of taste.

I had Lolly in my campsite and was really excited about her, but I got tired of her kind of quickly. I prefer Nana and Fauna, I think they are much more cute. But I can see that a lot of people would like her because she looks like their pet. Dotty the rabbit looks like my cat, which is probably why I like Dotty so much.

I had Lolly in my campsite and was really excited about her, but I got tired of her kind of quickly. I prefer Nana and Fauna, I think they are much more cute. But I can see that a lot of people would like her because she looks like their pet. Dotty the rabbit looks like my cat, which is probably why I like Dotty so much.

Finally someone else who likes Nana! :D

Back