• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Why is plot resetting not really working?

OMGem

Puhi~
Bells
Switch
5276-2031-5342
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Cake
I have Lolly moving in and she keeps putting her house down in the same place. I keep resetting the game and sometimes even turning my DS fully off but its always the same spot! Sometimes a few inches of differences in placement but it's not going to any other areas it's really annoying me. I've been doing this for hours now ><

I think there is always a common spot a villager will plot their house. If it gets annoying then put a pwp on it, just remember where though. If you do so, there will always be another common spot a villager will plot their house.

Last edited:
time travel to the day before Lolly is supposed to move in and put down a PWP in the area she keeps trying to move into

I know that feeling. I hate when that happens D: but don't give up, have patience and she'll eventually move into the spot you want :) I wish you the the best of luck!

I plot reset Diana for like 4 days before I finally gave up and accepted that she was just one space off from where I wanted. I'll just have to redo the bushes. It can be frustrating, but I take plot resetting as a time to find out where to put PWPs so it doesn't happen again.

These pictures are my frustrations through plot resetting:

HNI_0014.JPG

This is where Cheri kept plotting her house.

HNI_0048.JPG

And this is where Kid Cat plots his house after I put a PWP where Cheri kept plotting her house.

HNI_0046.JPG

This is where I wanted Kid Cat at, one space down!

I was thinking about going back a day and putting a PWP down at the spot she keeps trying to move in at, but I'm a bit nervous of there being a chance the plot will still be there! Then I'll be on my mayor so I wouldn't even be able to change it ;-;

Last edited:
Continue plot Resseting , when I had a villager 1 block away I continued because I want it perfect and so I wouldn't fuss about it in the future . But it's all about patience .

Continue plot Resseting , when I had a villager 1 block away I continued because I want it perfect and so I wouldn't fuss about it in the future . But it's all about patience .

I just found it odd that after hours of doing this shes not moving ANYWHERE else on the map, just keeps going to the same spot consecutively.

I was thinking about going back a day and putting a PWP down at the spot she keeps trying to move in at, but I'm a bit nervous of there being a chance the plot will still be there! Then I'll be on my mayor so I wouldn't even be able to change it ;-;

There shouldn't be a fenced plot there. But if you're nervous just do this:
- TT back one day
- go in with a new character
- search the entire map if there is no plot and quit.
- delete that character.
- go in with your mayor and build a PWP.

- TT back one day
- delete that character.

When you say TT back do you mean with the actual 3DS clock and not the in-game clock? x3

- TT back one day
- delete that character.
Is there still a chance you'll see the fenced plot?

If you go back to the day you invited a villager, then no. Check with a new character just to be safe; I have done this with Rosie if it makes you feel better.
Oh ok, i'll have to try that with Stitches or Marshal.

I put a PWP down but now shes doing the exact same thing but in another bad spot haha this game just hates me~ So frustrating ;A;

Back