• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why is plot resetting not really working?

OMGem

Puhi~
Bells
Switch
5276-2031-5342
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Cake
I have Lolly moving in and she keeps putting her house down in the same place. I keep resetting the game and sometimes even turning my DS fully off but its always the same spot! Sometimes a few inches of differences in placement but it's not going to any other areas it's really annoying me. I've been doing this for hours now ><

I think there is always a common spot a villager will plot their house. If it gets annoying then put a pwp on it, just remember where though. If you do so, there will always be another common spot a villager will plot their house.

Last edited:
time travel to the day before Lolly is supposed to move in and put down a PWP in the area she keeps trying to move into

I know that feeling. I hate when that happens D: but don't give up, have patience and she'll eventually move into the spot you want :) I wish you the the best of luck!

I plot reset Diana for like 4 days before I finally gave up and accepted that she was just one space off from where I wanted. I'll just have to redo the bushes. It can be frustrating, but I take plot resetting as a time to find out where to put PWPs so it doesn't happen again.

These pictures are my frustrations through plot resetting:

HNI_0014.JPG

This is where Cheri kept plotting her house.

HNI_0048.JPG

And this is where Kid Cat plots his house after I put a PWP where Cheri kept plotting her house.

HNI_0046.JPG

This is where I wanted Kid Cat at, one space down!

I was thinking about going back a day and putting a PWP down at the spot she keeps trying to move in at, but I'm a bit nervous of there being a chance the plot will still be there! Then I'll be on my mayor so I wouldn't even be able to change it ;-;

Last edited:
Continue plot Resseting , when I had a villager 1 block away I continued because I want it perfect and so I wouldn't fuss about it in the future . But it's all about patience .

Continue plot Resseting , when I had a villager 1 block away I continued because I want it perfect and so I wouldn't fuss about it in the future . But it's all about patience .

I just found it odd that after hours of doing this shes not moving ANYWHERE else on the map, just keeps going to the same spot consecutively.

I was thinking about going back a day and putting a PWP down at the spot she keeps trying to move in at, but I'm a bit nervous of there being a chance the plot will still be there! Then I'll be on my mayor so I wouldn't even be able to change it ;-;

There shouldn't be a fenced plot there. But if you're nervous just do this:
- TT back one day
- go in with a new character
- search the entire map if there is no plot and quit.
- delete that character.
- go in with your mayor and build a PWP.

- TT back one day
- delete that character.

When you say TT back do you mean with the actual 3DS clock and not the in-game clock? x3

- TT back one day
- delete that character.
Is there still a chance you'll see the fenced plot?

Is there still a chance you'll see the fenced plot?

If you go back to the day you invited a villager, then no. Check with a new character just to be safe; I have done this with Rosie if it makes you feel better.

If you go back to the day you invited a villager, then no. Check with a new character just to be safe; I have done this with Rosie if it makes you feel better.
Oh ok, i'll have to try that with Stitches or Marshal.

I put a PWP down but now shes doing the exact same thing but in another bad spot haha this game just hates me~ So frustrating ;A;

Back