• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

why is it socially unacceptable to not wear pants in public

Because nobody wants to see your butt

Sometime at the beginning of the semester I was on campus in the parking lot and saw a girl wearing shorts so short her butt was sticking out. There's a time and a place and this was not the time or the place for that

lol he called underwear knickers what do u think

Ah knickers are just one term. Knickers are what females wear, blokes wear boxers. But we call underwear pants as a general term I guess.

I can't see how going commando is socially unacceptable as how would anyone one know in the first place? As for showing your pants (underwear) isn't that the fashion with boys anyway, wearing your trousers halfway down your *** how is that socially acceptable, well ha it isn't really :p

thats so upsetting tbh because i have great underwear. if presented with the opportunity i would go on an international tour to every country in the world to show each individual person every pair of underwear i own
You should be a professional wrestler then! :)

As a British person this confused me greatly, but I think I know what you mean. As for an answer, I honestly don't even know. (Please don't tell me I'm the only one who gets confused when someone uses the word "pants" to refer to jeans/trousers)

me too! xD i though the op meant like wearing trousers but not pants under lmao

Last time I checked it was very normal to not wear pants in public. I do it all the time. Who wears pants under their skirt or dress? Not me! ;) xD

Long ago, in a time before beaches were invented, humans developed a concept called shame. Ever since then, they've felt the need to cover anything even resembling legs. Or it was just cold outside, who knows.

Back