Why did you pick your town name?

Oh gee, this is embarrassing.

I named it after a guy my sister was talking to at the time...his last name was "Cox", and I am a child.

I wish there was an "Isabelle, please, I named this town something stupid and I need to fix it" option...

I'm boring and name my towns after flowers. Then I try to coordinate the flowers and bushes of the town accordingly. My newest town is called Violet and all the flowers are purple.

Rainfall has been my town name since Wild World and in new leaf I love all the water based PWPS (fountain, geyser, water pump, etc) as well as the music and villagers carrying umbrellas and such when it rains so it still works for me :)

Last edited:
I named my town Magnolia after the town in Fairy Tail (where the Fairy Tail guild is) and my brother (who had his town first) named it Fiore (which is the whole kingdom's name in Fairy Tail). So the Kingdom of Fiore, Town of Magnolia :)

My town name is ghoulton, because I like to keep it spoopy. I named it in 2014, and I’m just glad I still like it. My ww town is called Cutie, and idk what I was thinking. Everything about that town is just absolute cringe, and I was working on getting it together but it’s nearly impossible.

I always choose Cascadia as it's a nice sounding name and related to where I actually live!

It's named after my birthplace...and I thought it was better than naming it after where I currently live. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't name it after a flower of some sort.

My town's name is Lobelia and I named it after an all girls school in one of my favorite anime, Ouran High School Host Club. I only named it that because I liked the sound of it, but recently I got the idea to start naming other residents after characters in the show.
What does your town name mean and how did you come up with it?

Lobelia is also the name of a genus of beautiful purple/blue flowering plants and I think it's a lovely name for a town! <3

I wanted to name Fujimori after the wisteria trellis somehow, and an online translator told me Fuji meant Wisteria. So Fujimori is my American bastardization of the Japanese words for Wisteria Woods. I worked with what I could, lol.

Gracey is named after the Gracey Mansion from Disney's Haunted Mansion ride. It's my favorite ride at Disney World and I really wanted to make a Haunted Mansion themed town. So here we are! :)

I wanted to name Fujimori after the wisteria trellis somehow, and an online translator told me Fuji meant Wisteria. So Fujimori is my American bastardization of the Japanese words for Wisteria Woods. I worked with what I could, lol.

Gracey is named after the Gracey Mansion from Disney's Haunted Mansion ride. It's my favorite ride at Disney World and I really wanted to make a Haunted Mansion themed town. So here we are! :)

Wait, wait, wait, Gracey for the Gracey Mansion in Haunted Mansion, omg I have GOT to visit this town! Does it have a DA?

Moriyo- Moriyo means forest generation in Japanese, and I find suiting for my town. At the time I knew I wanted to make it a forest town. But after making my mayor's house I decided to make the whole town a magical forest town, so Moriyo Village was born.

Treehut- I wanted this one to sounds like it could be a possible place in a Rune Factory game. Plus, the town name serves as reference to WW, where the default designs came from a town called Treehut, creator Alan. I probably should have made an Alan character X)

Luminosa- this one was actually a name of a field I have in Rune Factory 4, which was supposed to be a play on the word Luminescent and Luna. This town is going to reflect my love if moon and starts, and is name for 'the way the moon illuminates on the tropical ocean'.

Townie- I wanted a very basic town name that wasn't a name of a real place. Also Townie sounds nice.

I was obsessed with Game of Thrones in 2012 and Winterfell wouldn't fit, so.. Snowfell!

Crisp I picked because it reminds me of a the beginning of fall when the air is nice and crisp ~

I named mine NiceTown because I didn't feel like thinking too long about it and I liked the name for a week. I really wanna change it and I kind of want to restart but I don't wanna reset my town because I've done so much :(
I'll probably just get a second copy of the game at some point.

I named mine Fireleaf because I plan on filling it with torches and fire pits. As soon as one of my jock villagers requests the torch, it will be able to live up to its name.

i picked my town name, bc as a new player i like to be different, and i guessed people would name their towns with letters so i picked a date thats very dear, to my hubby and i..

i like when ppl come over bc they always try to guess what it means.. most guesses are thats its my zipcode lol

Back