• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Why did you pick your town name?

I took my name from a random town name generator cuz I'm pretty bad with town names. Like, I usually just name it the town I live in

I named it Rainbow.. well I like rainbows, kinda hippie, pride representation etc. :)

Oof to be cute I guess Coffee sounded like a cute name. My previous town before that was called Beyond after one of my fave tracks from Daft Punk's Random Access Memories.

My first towns name was Velaris. I chose it because it was the name of a place in a book franchise I was reading at the time. It also just had a really nice ring to it. I use my new 3ds in French because it is my second language and I like to use it as a way to use the language so Velaris also fitted with that, sounds kinda French. Idk.

My town in Wild World was named Garenne, because "La Garenne" was the name of the housing scheme I was living back when I was playing the game a lot. No room for "la" so only "Garenne" :D

My town in New Leaf is called Bar-Maur. I wanted something unique and French, with a very personal ring. For the personal ring, I started with "Bar", which is the first part of the city in France where my family is from, "Bar-le-Duc". To reinforce the personal ring I added the first 4 letters of my family name (could not add more, not enough room, and to be fair it sounds better with only the 4 first letters ^^'). Finally, I made it a composed noun (with a "-") because that is extremely French ah ah! And I am ready to bet that there are no 2 towns in the world named like that, and there most likely will not be any other, so I must have achieved the "unique" goal. Unless of course some idiot decides to steal this name after reading this post ah ah ^^'
To be fair it took me a wee while (about 3 hours I think) to come up with that name ^^' But I could not be more satisfied with it!

I was trying to come up with a name and was entering random things. I typed in Bean Dip and it made me laugh so here we are 6 years later...

I named my town Barley after my dog. I usually pay homage to him in most games somehow by naming someone or something after him. I thought it would ba a cute name for an AC town because of how laid back this game can be. My dog is very calm and laidback so I thought it would be a great fit. Also barley reminds me of the countryside which what I want my town to convey. I just want the town to be peaceful and relaxing.

Last edited:
My town is named after Oasis, the hidden village of the Treeminers in Fallout 3. It's one of my favorite games of all time and some of the first games I played on console! I tend to struggle with creative names 😅

My town is named after a name i called myself in 5th grade, Ray Jones and Utopia.

Both of my town names are from some of my favorite movies! Genovia from The Princess Diaries, and Medfield -- which was a town name used in a lot of old live action Disney movies. Some include The Absent Minded Proffesor, and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes!

Back