• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

why are most of the animal villager's feet flat and why are their fingers missing 0_o

The friendcode exchanger

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
when I look at most of my villagers except Broffina the hen it appears that they dont have any toes their feet are flat and their fingers are missing do they have fingers or toes 0_o?

They grow opposable thumbs in times of need, then they fall off like lizard tails only to be regrown..

I think it's for simplification, and if I may make my point clear, it is.

No replies saying simplification.

Fanart tends to do this thing because of it. It gives the animals fingers, and toes, too.

Because the 3DS doesn't have enough power to render those? Maybe in a Wii U title.

I forgot to mention, but K.K. Slider is the only one with actual paws. Everyone else gets screwed over.

when I look at most of my villagers except Broffina the hen it appears that they dont have any toes their feet are flat and their fingers are missing do they have fingers or toes 0_o?

I never really thought of that but I guess it is kind of strange. Nice profile picture big the way, Bones is awesome.

this post is so baked. are we really talking about this??? in a game where you live with and speak to animals on a daily basis????
are you guys baked??????

sorry i just. is this a real discussion like lmao are we actually discussing why video game animals dont have toes or fingers???

this post is so baked. are we really talking about this??? in a game where you live with and speak to animals on a daily basis????
are you guys baked??????

sorry i just. is this a real discussion like lmao are we actually discussing why video game animals dont have toes or fingers???

I guess it was just something to think about but I am happy the way the animal look now.

This is simply because animals other than apes, monkeys, squirrels and other rodents don't have fingers or toes, but extensions of the initial paw, and in birds' cases, talons. Octopi don't have toes or fingers 'cuz they're octopi.

That, or the animation editors think they're cuter without digits.

Back