• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

who's a villager you hate for a petty reason?

80... maybe 90% of everyone who hates Raymond. ;P

Anyway, I don't really "Hate" any villager. Though I do dislike specific species do to there designs. Alligators, Hippos, Rhinos... well a couple others but ya. Just not a fan of how they look. Though I don't hate them all in those species. There are a couple that made it to my Favorite Villagers list. Alligators, I like Drago. Rhinos, I like Merengue. Though it's how they did there style that makes them interesting enough to add to my list.

Hornsby though..... nothing personal but his eyes. He's always looking at me. I can't escape his gaze. It.... it kinda creeps me out out. ;P

Renée.

I've had her since the start, and she's the only person who hasn't asked to move.

Even Mac who was my other starting villager has asked to move a few times. Renée just won't budge and I hate her. She just doesn't fit my style at all.

80... maybe 90% of everyone who hates Raymond. ;P

Anyway, I don't really "Hate" any villager. Though I do dislike specific species do to there designs. Alligators, Hippos, Rhinos... well a couple others but ya. Just not a fan of how they look. Though I don't hate them all in those species. There are a couple that made it to my Favorite Villagers list. Alligators, I like Drago. Rhinos, I like Merengue. Though it's how they did there style that makes them interesting enough to add to my list.

Hornsby though..... nothing personal but his eyes. He's always looking at me. I can't escape his gaze. It.... it kinda creeps me out out. ;P
I'm going to be honest with you, the main reason a lot of people claim to "hate" Raymond is just be contrary to his insane popularity.

Ed.
ikspW7B.gif

He was the first person to visit my campsite and I couldn't progress in the game until I let him move in. He's a stinky poopoo and won't leave no matter how many times I bonk him on the head with my net.

(Ed if you're reading this, please leave)

Ursala, I just remember her being really mean to me in the gamecube AC game which is why I hate her lol.

Even though she is a completely different personality type now, I still can’t stand to even look at her lol.
Honestly sometimes I wonder how much peoples' current distaste for Ursala is tied to their GC experiences with her. I never played GC, so I know Urs primarily as the fun, friendly uchi starter on my island who really really wants a motorcycle track and I'm sorry to say is not getting one.

I really don't care for Bubbles, but that's only because I saw her on a mystery island back in the tutorial phase, rejected her, and then she came barreling into my island as a random move-in for villager #10. Couldn't take no for an answer. That's not how you become a pop star, for the record. At least not on my island.

Diva... In New Leaf she moved right onto my path and there was no nice way to reroute that path. She also had a boring personality, and a face I couldn't stand.

Then after a few months she talked to me about leaving, I told her to get the frog out of my town, and then she just kinda went...

View attachment 276062

I got so incredibly mad. It takes a lot to get me to that point, I pretty much never get angry at my games, even competitive ones. But this dumb purple frog, hoo boy, she managed it then.

It took half a year before she finally actually left. I was so relieved...
Are you me? This is similar to what happened to me in New Leaf. NL was the first game in the series that I played, and I was very excited to see new villager plots appear as the days went by. I never really thought that my villagers were "ugly" until I googled who Diva was and I became extremely annoyed. I wanted her out so bad that I looked up how to get rid of villagers, but nothing worked. She finally asked to move after a while but then changed her mind. Thankfully, I did manage to get her out but it took a long time.

Are you me? This is similar to what happened to me in New Leaf. NL was the first game in the series that I played, and I was very excited to see new villager plots appear as the days went by. I never really thought that my villagers were "ugly" until I googled who Diva was and I became extremely annoyed. I wanted her out so bad that I looked up how to get rid of villagers, but nothing worked. She finally asked to move after a while but then changed her mind. Thankfully, I did manage to get her out but it took a long time.

Yep, that sounds exactly like my experience with her! I don't really have a list of dreamies and can stand most villagers, but Diva is just... Oh man. If I got her now she'd make me consider tossing the island out of the window and resetting. Not that there's any chance she'd join the town, not as long as I'm the representative...

i never really had any issues with villagers, but in new horizons i started off with rocket as my uchi. she was cool and nice so i liked her, but since i kept talking to her throughout one day, she said “oh, there isn’t enough room on this island for the both of us?” and i could not tell you why, but that got me SO mad. like yeah rocket, there is enough room for the both of us but that was so unnecessarily MEAN. :^(
tbh i was probably just having a bad day when she said that, and i know it’s just an uchi line, but now whenever i see her i just think of that time and how it got me so upset LOL : p

Beardo, because he had the colossal nerve to say it was Isabelle who was "the real brains behind the island." I'm still waiting on that apology, Beardo

Yep, that sounds exactly like my experience with her! I don't really have a list of dreamies and can stand most villagers, but Diva is just... Oh man. If I got her now she'd make me consider tossing the island out of the window and resetting. Not that there's any chance she'd join the town, not as long as I'm the representative...
I don't know why she makes me so mad even to this day. If I started with her it would be a definite reset. As long as we're in charge, there'll be no Diva's allowed on our islands.

back when i was like 10, rosie moved out of my city folk town and miranda replaced her. still despise miranda to this day for that reason

i used to hate plucky because i didn't like her initial catchphrase lol

i think she's cute now tho she's my little islander

Mallary. Honestly I can't remember what she did, but I absolutely hated her in CF, I followed her around all day hitting her with my net and shovel and axe. I think it might've been because she put her house in a spot I didn't like, but whatever it was, it was petty, especially considering I don't even remember.

I don't hate him but Jacques really gives me the heebie jeebies. From the moment he came to my campsite as the smug visitor you can't turn away, he has been creeping me out! I really dislike his aesthetic though I must admit his house is kinda cool

Olaf, in my NL town. He moved right onto the middle of my flower garden, and just refused to leave! I eventually got him to move out, thankfully.

Muffy for moving in once a villager that I loved left without telling me in NL and ruining my flowers, refusing to ping to leave even after hrs of trying (she's still there) and then stalking me in NH by being my starter villager :/

Back