• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Who Else Sees A Kanto Re-Remake/Sequel to finish Generation IV?

chivels

The Opelucid Mayor
Bells
I mean, so SO many things point in this direction!

- Zinnia confirms the existence of the Multiverse, implying that she, herself, came from another universe where Aster is her daughter.
* This is further supported by Zinnia's sabotage of the Mossdeep Space Center. Teleporting a meteor to another universe could destroy that universe's Hoenn, and Aster along with it.

- Looker ends up with seemingly permanent amnesia before the events of D/P/Pt, despite the fact that he seems perfectly fine then.
* D/P/Pt takes place in a universe where Mega Evolution was never discovered, a certain number of years after R/S/E takes place, in the same universe.
* A person rumored to be Looker is seen aboard the St. Anne in the universe where Mega Evolution isn't uncovered yet. Which would support the theory that Looker ended up overboard and on the shores of an alternate Hoenn.
* The St. Anne is a ship that originated from Kanto.
*All of these loose ends would be tied up if a final story for the Sixth Generation were to explain the idea of the Multiverse and comfirms its existence. Given all these hints, one could come to the conclusion that tne perfect place for this to occur would be Kanto.

- Many characters discuss Kanto with the player character, like characters in Kalos discussed Hoenn. Jasmine also appeared in Sinnoh before the remakes on Johto.

Way too many things spell out Kanto remake for these to all simply be red-herrings. What do you guys think?

None of this links to anything IMO and I think you're overthinkingit.

The Multiverse is already confirmed through the Delta Episode, so I don't see why they'd have to make another game focusing on it. They will likely make Z, then move onto Generation 7. At least I hope so, I can't stomach another Kanto remake.

For all the mentions of Kanto in OR/AS, the same mentions were in the original R/S. They don't rewrite the entire script, just parts that actually need to be rewritten, so if NPCs mention Kanto it's not going to be rewritten. There's also various people from Johto in the game, why aren't they relevant?
Also, the S.S. Anne was in Emerald, so using it to get to the Battle Resort is no surprise.

Looker might just have been laziness. They obviously like the character, but didn't want to write anything special for him to show up here, so they used a lazy writing tool (amnesia) so he could give you Audinite. His model had already been made, so it was easy to put him into the game.
Also, Looker's previous stories never have any impact on his other appearances. The guy appears in so many games, yet never mentions his other adventures. I doubt he's going to ever mention the fact he had amnesia, or that it's going to come into play somehow.
As for the Interpol agent on the boat, he existed long before Looker was even introduced, and just used a generic sprite. I doubt that while they were making Red and Green, they were thinking so far ahead as the remakes of two games they hadn't even made yet.

Jasmine did show up in Sinnoh before the HG/SS remakes, and that may have pointed to something. But I think we're kinda past that point, due to the appearances of Looker, Cynthia and Caitlin (even being bumped up to E4 status) in B/W, and the entire roster of Gym Leaders and Elite Four members from all regions appearing in B2/W2, and as we all know there were no remakes in Generation 5.

Long story short, you're thinking too much about it and getting yourself too excited. The Delta Episode's Multiverse thing was merely a dumb story explanation for why Mega Evolution is in OR/AS while it wasn't in R/S/E. They'll probably come up with another stupid reason for the D/P remakes, if they think of any at all.

I don't really have much to contribute but I wanted to point out that you put IV in the title but the sixth gen would be VI

Nintendo would have to justify it somehow with the media. We've already got a Kanto remake, they'd be lashed everywhere for rereleasing a game that was already remade.

Back