Pokémon Pokemon Master Dex Challenge

I’ve made some really good progress on gen 5 this week. I’ve caught just about everything other than some of the legendaries and I need to level up/evolve maybe 20ish more Pokémon. The end is near.

Though, I’ve decided to sidetrack a bit and boot up Black 2 as I never finished the seen Unova Dex in that game to get the shiny Haxorus. I really should have started this before transferring everything up from Black to bank but alas. I have just under 50 Pokémon left to be seen. I’ll trade over what I can from what I have in my copy of original Black as well. It shouldn’t be too bad. After that’s done I’ll fully dedicate myself to Black and finishing my Master Dex. :)

Ok… so I meant to post an update a week ago but have been busy. So today will be a big update instead. :)

Last Sunday I had mostly finished off gen 5. First, I finished my little side adventure by completing my Black 2 seen Dex in order to get to the Nature Preserve to get shiny Haxorus. I had never done it before as I had gotten into gen 5 late so I never really got to trade online before it shutdown. Also, the only “friend” I used to have that had White 2 for trading never could be bothered to help me with exclusives you never see in the game. So I’m really happy to have finally accomplished this feat and the shiny is just a bonus but the icing on the top. Here he is:
F9D23AD3-DF33-427E-B25B-C45BCEF1E2C5.jpeg

Also as a side note I used to really dislike Haxorus but it’s really starting to grow on me. The shiny especially helps as I don’t like it’s original green colour at all. I used to think Haxorus was a really weird looking dragon but I’m now starting to think it’s actually kinda cool.

Anyways, after that I went back to Black 1 in order to mostly finish off my Master Dex collection. I caught the remaining legendaries I needed including Landorus for the first time as you need to have both Thundurus (exclusive to White) and Tornadus (exclusive to Black) in your party to even get him to appear. The Swords of Justice were easy enough to find and I may have gotten temporarily lost on my way to Kyurem but I eventually figured it out. After that it was just a matter of grinding up a few remaining mons. Volcarona and Hydregion have some of the highest evolution levels in the series at 59 and 64 respectively. Thankfully Volcarona has a static encounter late in the game so I was able to nab him fairly easily without having to grind. Hydregion however would require being grinded as a level 40 Deino is the best you can find in Black in White. Though, level 50 Zweilous are available in Black 2 so I opted to go that route and trade one over to Black 1. That way I could stack bonus experience from being traded with a Lucky Egg. It still took a while to grind him up but all the bonus experience made it much less of a pain.

At this point you probably figure that I must have been all finished, but not quite. I actually had a bit more I had to work on this past week. While I technically had everything for the Dex I was still missing Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus in their Therian forms. Unfortunately, they aren’t available in the sequel games Black 2 and White 2. Nor can you get more than one each from Black and White without restarting and completing the 8th gym in both games. Then I remembered Pokémon Dream Radar. A kinda odd VR type game on the 3DS where you spin around and shoot at clouds that produce Dream orbs and catch special Pokémon with hidden abilities in Dream balls. This game when played enough also let’s you catch and transfer Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus in their Therian forms to Black 2 or White 2. Thankfully when I had previously played Dream Radar years ago I had transferred the legendaries to my old Black 2 save file so I knew I would be able to transfer them to my current save as I have never transferred them to it before (it’s a only once per save file thing). So I restarted Dream Radar and have been playing it before and after work throughout the week in order to get the legendaries. As the clouds/orbs regenerate in real time. Finally yesterday morning I got the final one Landorus and was able to transfer it up at lunch time. This officially marks the completion of my gen 5 Master Dex and further my Master Dex as a whole up to this point! :)

Obviously once Scarlet and Violet release I’ll have another generation to complete so you’ll likely find me posting here again. Don’t expect it to be right away though as I plan on enjoying the game by playing it normally the first time. Then I’ll likely start a second save to grab extra one time exclusives in order to trade for the ones in the opposite version. When I do start to work on my gen 9 Master Dex I will more than likely return to posting here. It’s been fun so far and while it has taken a long time it’s gone much faster than I anticipated. See you guys later!

Back